Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certificate of Planning Compliance

Options
  • 16-11-2016 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

We are currently in the process of purchasing a house and it is a bank sale. I'd appreciate advise on this issue.

I have question about the Certificate of Planning Compliance - our solicitor has advised us that the vendors(bank) will not be providing this certificate. Is this normal?

Will the bank we're getting our mortgage or banks in general always require us to get this certificate?

How much does it normally cost to get this certificate?

Is there any issues with us being the ones that supply this certificate to the bank?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight you can provide on any of the above queries.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

We are currently in the process of purchasing a house and it is a bank sale. I'd appreciate advise on this issue.

I have question about the Certificate of Planning Compliance - our solicitor has advised us that the vendors(bank) will not be providing this certificate. Is this normal?

Will the bank we're getting our mortgage or banks in general always require us to get this certificate?

How much does it normally cost to get this certificate?

Is there any issues with us being the ones that supply this certificate to the bank?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight you can provide on any of the above queries.

The vendor should provide the opinion on compliance as part of the sale. They should also be providing a cert of compliance with building regulations of the works were supervised.

If the bank won't provide this, then your lending bank may not release the funds as there is an open planning issue on the site. The cost for the cert is not huge but the cost to rectify any Planning issues may be multiple times the cost of the certificate.

Your pre purchase survey should pick up on these planning issues also.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

kceire wrote: »
    Your pre purchase survey should pick up on these planning issues also.
    +1

Advertisement