Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon -£30 off Drill

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

It actually looks a good drill, It's not a bad price for a Drill, Charger and a battery.
    The only thing is the battery is only 1.5AH, should be OK for general DIY but and extra battery would be a good addition at some point.
    Same drill but with 2 Batteries at £74.99 :-
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bosch-PSB-1800-LI-2-Lithium-Ion/dp/B00L3XK06C/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1479326271&sr=8-1&keywords=Bosch+PSR+18+volt+Lithium-Ion++battery

as an option..
    B&Q have a Makita and a DeWalt combo with 2x 1.3AH batteries for around €99.
    Only basic drills but still not bad for general DIY

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

I would only be using it for diy - drilling for curtain poles, mirrors & pictures.

How much 'time' use am I likely to get out of 1 battery ?

I would only be using it for diy - drilling for curtain poles, mirrors & pictures.

How much 'time' use am I likely to get out of 1 battery ?

A 1.5 AH should be fine for that sort of thing, The battery AH doesn't affect the power of the drill just the run time.
    I have loads of drills & batteries, I mainly use the 1.5 because it's nice and light but still lasts for ages when doing diy type things, you should get a couple of hours out of 1 battery, charge time is good as well so it won't kill the job if it goes flat, I'd say it sounds about right for what you need it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Hiw about this instead of op https://www.aldi.ie/p/072862069389500

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭James Delaney

gazzaman22 wrote: »
    Hiw about this instead of op https://www.aldi.ie/p/072862069389500[/QU

Have u used this drill yourself.
    Whats the warranty period (I couldn't find it on their site)

• Advertisement

I would not recommend the Aldi drill at all, the father in law has it, he thinks it's great but he has never had a cordless drill before so he has nothing to compare it with. I've used his a few times at his house and the ergonomics are terrible, the angle of the handle is completely wrong and it feels naff, It has broken twice since he has it, the warranty is great though, they had it collected repaired and returned both times but it's out now so next time it goes it will be for the bin. The Lidl offering is better.
    don't forget these are cheaper so they won't be as good but for me i'd get the Bosch. different job altogether.

If its not too late....

I bought that Bosch drill with the 2 batteries. I didnt find it great to be honest. It struggled on some diy that I was doing both drilling and screw driving. I also found the chuck spat out the bits when under pressure.
    I sold it on to my brother in law who needed something light for work.

Then I bought this...
    http://www.ie.screwfix.com/hitachi-dv18dgl-jg-18v-2-5ah-li-ion-cordless-combi-drill.html

Now this is a super drill. Very happy with it and with 2 batteries. Very happy to recommend it.

Theres always a few discount codes around too. Try IRELAND10 which got me €10 off

Save €5 by signing up to their newsletter too. Free shipping over €75 too

TheTorment wrote: »
    If its not too late....

I bought that Bosch drill with the 2 batteries. I didnt find it great to be honest. It struggled on some diy that I was doing both drilling and screw driving. I also found the chuck spat out the bits when under pressure.
    I sold it on to my brother in law who needed something light for work.

Then I bought this...
    http://www.ie.screwfix.com/hitachi-dv18dgl-jg-18v-2-5ah-li-ion-cordless-combi-drill.html

Now this is a super drill. Very happy with it and with 2 batteries. Very happy to recommend it.

Theres always a few discount codes around too. Try IRELAND10 which got me €10 off

That Hitachi drill is defiantly better, better drill and better battery's but the OP first asked about a drill at £45 or about €54.
    Even using a discount code it's still double the price, probably worth the extra if you have jobs for it and will get the use out of it,
    you can always go to the next price point and get something better whatever your buying.

That Hitachi drill is defiantly better, better drill and better battery's but the OP first asked about a drill at £45 or about €54.
    Even using a discount code it's still double the price, probably worth the extra if you have jobs for it and will get the use out of it,
    you can always go to the next price point and get something better whatever your buying.

Sorry, I clicked on the link for the second one with the 2 batteries at £74-99

Thought it would have been a better option for close to the price of it.

TheTorment wrote: »
    Sorry, I clicked on the link for the second one with the 2 batteries at £74-99

Thought it would have been a better option for close to the price of it.

It probably would be if the OP was considering the 2 battery version.
    looks a decent drill.

• Advertisement
Advertisement