Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st build-Advice/ Suggestions

Options
  • 16-11-2016 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi, first build of a new PC, looking for any advice on components.

1. What is your budget?
    850-900

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming, up to the latest stuff like BF1. Not expecting 1080p VR or anything though.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? no

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? No

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? No

8. How can you pay? Debit Card

9. When are you purchasing? Probably around Black Friday/Cyber Monday, time is not a huge factor so I can wait for components to be delivered.

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor (£200 at Amazon)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H110M-S2H GSM Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£52.75 at amzon uk)
    Memory: Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (By two) (£22.59 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Toshiba P300 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
    Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 470 4GB HS Black Edition Video Card (£179.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: Aerocool Aero-500 ATX Mid Tower Case (£30.95 @ amazon uk)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 600W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply (£49.99 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On iHDS118-04 DVD/CD Drive (£18.64 @ Amazon UK)

Im planning to buy it all from Amazon

Thanks for any and all advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 K1NG_

Your best bet is ordering off mindfactory.de prices are mainly cheaper from there. And theres a good deal on an RX 480 for €199 on mindfactory if you want to upgrade that and save money. Only building my own pc now too. Goodluck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

You shopped smart. Good choices far as I can see.

Maybe the case get a game max. I'm assuming you have amazon prime as you listed that 22 euro ram deal. There is a game mx case also in the prime not bad. Not too big into the areocool.but I could be wrong from a lack of research theee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭satguy

Is that the Aerocool Aero-500 with a window, as they come both ways,, With and without a window..

If you are doing a nice Build, it's nice to have a window..

• Registered Users Posts: 24 oosulley

K1NG_ wrote: »
    Your best bet is ordering off mindfactory.de prices are mainly cheaper from there. And theres a good deal on an RX 480 for €199 on mindfactory if you want to upgrade that and save money. Only building my own pc now too. Goodluck!

I had a look at Mindfactory, but the whole thing didn't come out much cheaper. I will however, CERTAINLY take a look if theres an RX480 for that price.
    You shopped smart. Good choices far as I can see.

Maybe the case get a game max. I'm assuming you have amazon prime as you listed that 22 euro ram deal. There is a game mx case also in the prime not bad. Not too big into the areocool.but I could be wrong from a lack of research theee.

Yes, free trial of Prime, just for the build :D
    satguy wrote: »
    Is that the Aerocool Aero-500 with a window, as they come both ways,, With and without a window..

If you are doing a nice Build, it's nice to have a window..

I don't really care whether it has a window of not, if it does grand, but I'm not willing to pay extra for "cosmetics"

Thanks for your help, guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

oosulley wrote:
    Crucial 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (By two) (£22.59 @ Amazon UK)
    Is this an offer that Amazon had before?
    I can't seem to find it?

Advertisement