Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent head torch

Options
  • 16-11-2016 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭

Hi, can you advise a decent head lamp I could use for cycling and ideally with walking setting? Model details would be appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I use the Exposure joystick

You just have to be careful not to mount it in a way that will dazzle oncoming traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Omallep2

Beasty wrote: »
    I use the Exposure joystick

You just have to be careful not to mount it in a way that will dazzle oncoming traffic

Thanks but was hoping for something at a lesser cost...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,233 ✭✭✭deandean

OP I did a lot of research last year and I found a cracker, the Cyclebeam 700: Cyclebeam 700.
    It's well engineered, with a good beam angle. The light weighs next to nothing. I put the battery in my pocket so there's almost no weight on the helmet. It's a 2-cell 18650 battery pack and I have yet to run the battery flat. You'll need a Parcel Motel delivery as they don't deliver direct to Ireland. And it's a great price at £35.
    Best of luck!

edit: helmet mount only, no headband, so it mightn't suit for walking.

Advertisement