Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How is my phone showing up in records as my sisters?

Options
  • 16-11-2016 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

My mam got a new device alert yesterday on gmail so signed in from my phone to her account yesterday to check it out.

The sign in from my phone shows up as my sisters phone. My sister never used my phone, I signed in from my own house rather than the family home.

I checked settings -> general -> about on my phone and it's showing up as mine.

Any idea how gmail would have the wrong phone name, it's not important, just want to understand how it can happen?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

How does Google even know your device name? None of mine show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

On the one hand you're saying she used your phone to check it and on the other you're saying she didn't.

If she signed in to her gmail/google account in any way on your phone then an alert would be sent that she has signed in on a different device than normal.

Could this have happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

murpho999 wrote: »
    On the one hand you're saying she used your phone to check it and on the other you're saying she didn't.

If she signed in to her gmail/google account in any way on your phone then an alert would be sent that she has signed in on a different device than normal.

Could this have happened?

I didn't say my sister used my phone, she never did. If i sign into my mams gmail account from my phone, it shows up as a sign in from my sisters phone. Ah it's a weird one, thought someone might know off the top of their head

Advertisement