Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-Pay to Bill Pay (Vodafone)

Options
  • 16-11-2016 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

I've been pre-pay with Vodafone for the past 6 years. I always found it was a good deal this way. I recently lost my phone and now I'm thinking that it might be better to get a bill pay phone.

1. Is there any real disadvantage for Bill pay over Pre-pay?
    2. Can I just buy out of my contract if I want to leave?. Is this just the price of the phone?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Payg can be cheaper, more flexible. Depends on what you have or want. A lot of people buy sim free now and then jump payg or sim only 30 contracts whichever offer is best.

Some people like the billpay for not having to topup etc. You can buy out of the contract. The price to buy out will be the monthly bill X the remaining months left which is often more expensive then buying the phone sim free and same monthly plan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Really depends on the bill plan you go with. What you'll notice is that even though your monthly outlay will be more, over the period it'll balance out.

When I was looking through it, I compared what was avail on Sim Only, and BillPay.

I went with the plan for 60e a month. And the breakdown is as follows:

35e per month, for the services provided (Phone calls, texts, data)
    5e per month for spotify (at the time it was an addon)
    20e per month for the phone (So its really not worth while getting a phone worthless than 480).

If you assess things like that,you might be able to see how worthwhile it is for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Blahh89

Thanks guys. Going to reassess tomorrow. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If you make a lot of calls, billpay makes sense. If not, you'd be crazy to. If you're doing it because you cant afford the simfree handset price, think again.

Advertisement