Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International return envelope

Options
  • 16-11-2016 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

I need to receive documents from Italy but they require a prepaid international envelope. I thought An Post did these but from asking today it seems that they dont.

How do people get around this issue?

Do I need to find a way to buy Italian stamps online?

Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I recall getting a document posted to me from the US in the late 1990s and the sender asked for international reply coupons, the esperanto of postage stamps I suppose you could call them. I bought them in the post office but I think you can't buy them in Ireland any more. Would your friends in Italy accept a payment via PayPal?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Souness

Unfortunately it is not friends that are sending, its official documents from Italian governmental office. I have emailed them to see if there is an alternative method as I would think this is not an unusual issue for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

Yeah they were withdrawn some years ago. What you can do is buy stamps online as in digital ones, and then mail the link to the recipient who can print it. I've done this to Australia. Otherwise get a courier and pay cod. It's not that expensive if important documents.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Souness

I had written to the embassy over in Rome to see if the Comune di Roma would accept payment in lieu of a return envelope and their response was to offer to send me a stamped envelope.
    Have to say very pleasantly surprised:)
    It is awkward that An Post no longer sell the prepaid international envelopes as it seems that they are available in other countries.
    Thanks for your replies, appreciate the help.

Advertisement