Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The alt right - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

How will medicare be replaced in the US?

What are the plans for social security?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Could you explain what the aims of the ''alt right'' are?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Brian? wrote: »

Hispanic identity, much like white identity, exists only as an abstract concept. I object to both.

What you said was "it doesn't exist". I then pointed you to the powerful org LA RAZA as evidence that it very much does. That you "object" to it or anything else is , again, irrelevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,285 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

So now it's me who is trying to convince people-even though I myself am unsure what I think of him? I added my view because I believe in a bit of balance and sharing an angle that others mightn't yet have thought of-and I take on board others views for the same reason, unless they are directed at me in a critical manner.

Just allow me to comment with my own views and don't take it personally.

Keep your ''calling out'' to yourself. Whoever you think you are!

I am not taking anything personally here, but I will call a spade a spade and you have tried to excuse him several times now.

I am also very familiar with the period and type of fervor that Spencer is trying to emulate with his "Hail Victory" words. When somebody says something like that and people in the crowd respond with a nazi salute, which Spencer did not condem in any clear fashion, people's alarm bells are quite rightly going to start ringing. In addition, one just doesn't use those items from history without carrying that baggage that comes with them and if Spencer and his followers think that that is somehow OK, then they deserve all the negative judgement that inevitably arises from its usage.

If you want to "reserve judgement", feel free. But Spencer's been very clear what he's about.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

We all know the so called alt-right is a new name for fascist racist ideology dressed upto present itself as acceptable

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Tony EH wrote: »
    I am not taking anything personally here, but I will call a spade a spade and you have tried to excuse him several times now.

I am also very familiar with the period and type of fervor that Spencer is trying to emulate with his "Hail Victory" words. When somebody says something like that and people in the crowd respond with a nazi salute, which Spencer did not condem in any clear fashion, people's alarm bells are quite rightly going to start ringing. In addition, one just doesn't use those items from history without carrying that baggage that comes with them and if Spencer and his followers think that that is somehow OK, then they deserve all the negative judgement that inevitably arises from its usage.

If you want to "reserve judgement", feel free. But Spencer's been very clear what he's about.

Going to add as well it's not just "Hail Victory!" that's the giveaway. He used the term "Lügenpresse" literally meaning "lying press."

Oh, look who used that term? Ah yes, Nazis. Who used it today? Ah yes, Spencer.

And also he used "Hail Trump!" as well as "Hail Victory!" which let's be honest is like going "Heil Hitler! Sieg Heil!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Have you any thoughts on Cernovic's assertion that Spencer is controlled opposition? I see Twitter has just allowed him back on, which got me thinking.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Amazingfun wrote: »
    What you said was "it doesn't exist". I then pointed you to the powerful org LA RAZA as evidence that it very much does. That you "object" to it or anything else is , again, irrelevant.

I'm starting a pro Cheese Moon society. Does that mean the moon is made of cheese?

I don't even need to make up an example actually. There is a flat earth society. Is the earth flat?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

What are your thoughts on the neo-paganist movements? Would you agree that they have more claim over any European identity than this imported Jewish off-shoot that's caused more social harm than good? If the neo-paganists told the Christans to get out of their lands, would you entertain them?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,754 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Le Pen certainly won't win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

beans wrote: »
    Have you any thoughts on Cernovic's assertion that Spencer is controlled opposition? I see Twitter has just allowed him back on, which got me thinking.

Cernovich is a joke. While he wrote some good pieces on media hypocrisy and corruption during the campaign, he is full of it when it comes to Spencer. He and Paul Joseph Watson are the ones selling various products, and calling Spencer a CIA plant-with ZERO evidence of it, seems motivated more by a loss in their income as opposed to actually knowing anything concrete.

Also: Cernovich is ducking calls for him to debate Spencer ;)

beans wrote: »
    What are your thoughts on the neo-paganist movements? Would you agree that they have more claim over any European identity than this imported Jewish off-shoot that's caused more social harm than good? If the neo-paganists told the Christans to get out of their lands, would you entertain them?

I believe the wholesale destruction of oak trees by the new religion of Christianity was the beginning of the end for white European culture. Once we let the Christians in society went to pot.

they/them/theirs

It's like the 'reds under the bed' scare of yesteryear. Everything that rustles the left must be a Russian plot. They can't face the reality that more and more people are becoming racially aware.

Racially aware? Do tell.

they/them/theirs

The root of the race question seems to be 'race realism'.

Nutshell: People evolving in different parts of the world evolved separately, average IQ levels differ based on this, ergo I can say that Syrians are say 10 points lower than Irish, and so on to things like 'functioning democracy impossible of you're at X level of IQ', and I have a scientific basis to exclude Syrians.

This I understand from listening to various alt-right programming online. Just presented as race is being discussed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭midnight city

I gave no blessing to any racial identity. I don't think they exist. Race is an abstract concept. To put simply, it's made up. People can share a common culture but there is only one human race.

Most of the planet don't agree with you, most people know their own race and are very aware of it. Some on the left are even saying biological sex is a social construct.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Racially aware? Do tell.

White Americans are being shamed for what happened two centuries ago, being accused of having some sort of special privilege by the colour of their skin, and at the same time being told that race doesn't matter, that we're all the same. The left can't have it both ways. Race is real. Race matters.

Most of the planet don't agree with you, most people know their own race and are very aware of it. Some on the left are even saying biological sex is a social construct.

I don't care whether a single person agrees with me. There is one human race. Everything division in that race is a social construct. Many people actually do agree with me.

Sex is biological, gender is a social construct is actually the argument. I'm not sure I agree. But I don't actually care how people identify

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Yikes... I'm out!

Easy now... in the card playing sense I mean.

The idea of races being inferior or anything, no thanks.

White Americans are being shamed for what happened two centuries ago, being accused of having some sort of special privilege by the colour of their skin, and at the same time being told that race doesn't matter, that we're all the same. The left can't have it both ways. Race is real. Race matters.

Will you stop saying the left....for **** sake some of you are annoying.

You saying the left is like me calling a Republican a member of the alt-right.

White privelege was real and to some extent it can be argued it still exists. But the effects have been lessened by the civil rights movement. 60 years ago a black man couldn't eat at the same lunch counter or use the same toilet as a white man in some southern states in the US. That was very real.

Prejudice exists based on "race". Race exists as a social contruct. But there is only one actual human race. Any division of the human race based on skin colour is fabricated and arbitrary.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Mod:
    An admin banned the account for being a re-reg, can't manage 1 account like most of us, probably had dozend, can't abide by the rules that everybody else is expected to respect.

Why anybody would bother wasting their time with them I don't know, they are probably pissing themselves laughing at ye for entertaining them.

Anyway, re-reg posts banned plus posts replying to them deleted.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    Mod:
    An admin banned the account for being a re-reg, can't manage 1 account like most of us, probably had dozend, can't abide by the rules that everybody else is expected to respect.

Why anybody would bother wasting their time with them I don't know, they are probably pissing themselves laughing at ye for entertaining them.

Anyway, re-reg posts banned plus posts replying to them deleted.

About time, getting ****ing tired of "oh he wasn't a troll you just don't like the alt-right people!" type posts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 916 ✭✭✭osmiumartist

Prejudice exists based on "race". Race exists as a social contruct. But there is only one actual human race. Any division of the human race based on skin colour is fabricated and arbitrary.
    This is factually and scientifically absolute nonsense. Different "races" (what other term do you want us to use now?) definitely do have different traits even if their environment is similar.
    I make no claim that one race is better than the other or should be treated differently. But you will fail every last time to try to prove there's no differences between races based on their genetic inheritance.
    It's a lefty liberal fantasy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

This is factually and scientifically absolute nonsense. Different "races" (what other term do you want us to use now?) definitely do have different traits even if their environment is similar.
    I make no claim that one race is better than the other or should be treated differently. But you will fail every last time to try to prove there's no differences between races based on their genetic inheritance.

You need to read a bit more https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/race-is-a-social-construct-scientists-argue/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,371 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Could you give an example of a trait that defines difference between races?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,726 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

No more discussion of moderation on this thread please. This can be done in Helpdesk or Feedback.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

marienbad wrote: »
    No I don't. Race can be determined with almost perfect accuracy from blood test and DNA sample.
    I suppose next you tell me differences in DNA and translated amino acid sequence don't mean anything either?

Of course people have different genetic traits. That does not mean they are of a different race.
    They're still humans.

It's either lefty or liberal. It can't be both. Pick one.

they/them/theirs

No I don't. Race can be determined with almost perfect accuracy from blood test and DNA sample.
    I suppose next you tell me differences in DNA and translated amino acid sequence don't mean anything either?

What do they mean to you?

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

Of course people have different genetic traits. That does not mean they are of a different race.
    They're still humans.
    You have your races and species mixed up there.
    Of course they're humans. Nobody in the entirety of this thread has disputed that. Nice strawman attempt though.
    So we have groups of people with similar genetic traits... but no no no we can't say that means they are a race even though they can be identified as part of a a group based on their DNA.
    So basically you don't like the word race?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement