Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The alt right - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭midnight city

There are two sides responsible for this whole mess in whitefish. Spencer on one side and the 2 rabbi's and Gersh of Love not hate (or whatever bulls**t name they use) on the other. Gersh bringing Spencer's mother into the dispute and trying to profit really escalated things. Money should not have been part of it. It showed a lack of principle and integrity on Gersh's part trying to turn a buck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Spencer did nothing wrong, why blame him for Gersh's extortion racket?

Amazingfun wrote: »

You are right in a way. All he really did was run his org from whitefish. Many locals didn't like that as it was a tourist town. Gersh, the rabbi's and hate lives here group are the majority to blame.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

If there is one thing Spencer is definitely guilty of, it is stupidity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

This is direct from NPI's site. I'm lost on how you could claim Spencer isn't a white supremacist based on the content of the site. You have provided no evidence of extortion and seem to be outraged that a town isn't happy with the local white supremacist....
    This is what the Trump phenomenon is really about, and this why Trump is loathed by establishment conservatives (FOX, the GOP, the “conservative movement,” et al.) and why he appeals—on an instinctive, unconscious level—to White Americans. White Americans recognize (again, in an instinctive, unarticulated way) that taxes and budgets are meaningless in the face of White dispossession

Clearly the town is less concerned about "White dispossession" and in fact disgusted by an individuals support of it. How can you claim that NPI aren't rebranded white supremacists?

• Advertisement

B_Wayne wrote: »
    Clearly the town is less concerned about "White dispossession" and in fact disgusted by an individuals support of it. How can you claim that NPI aren't rebranded white supremacists?

I agree with him on that stance. It's not particularly supremacist to be concerned about white people being dispossessed. Race matters all around the globe despite what leftists tell us.

Go to China and tell them we want to bring in so many new people that you may be a minority in 30 years and see if they are happy about that. I certainly wouldn't call a Chinese man a racist or a supremacist if he wasn't particularly enamoured with that.

I agree with him on that stance. It's not particularly supremacist to be concerned about white people being dispossessed. Race matters all around the globe despite what leftists tell us.

Go to China and tell them we want to bring in so many new people that you may be a minority in 30 years and see if they are happy about that. I certainly wouldn't call a Chinese man a racist or a supremacist if he wasn't particularly enamoured with that.

America has never been just white people. Pretty telling when an organisation is annoyed that regardless of race, we should be treated equally.

Okay, here's another example. They basically use the founding fathers as a justification for an unequal society based on race. If they are not white supremacists, why are they so hooked on white Americans being so much better? Why do they care about miscegenation?

http://www.npiamerica.org/research/category/what-the-founders-really-thought-about-race

This is direct from NPI's site. I'm lost on how you could claim Spencer isn't a white supremacist based on the content of the site. You have provided no evidence of extortion and seem to be outraged that a town isn't happy with the local white supremacist....

Are you unaware of demographics, or do you not care? People are not "supremacists" for wanting to maintain a White majority country, even if that is not how they would word it .
    It really sickens me, so many are like that Tim Wise character, spends his life whining about "supremacists", (making good money off the back of it too, apparently) and yet lives in a 98% White neighborhood, lol. Hypocrites.

Are you unaware of demographics, or do you not care? People are not "supremacists" for wanting to maintain a White majority country, even if that is not how they would word it .
    It really sickens me, so many are like that Tim Wise character, spends his life whining about "supremacists", (making good money off the back of it too, apparently) and yet lives in a 98% White neighborhood, lol. Hypocrites.

Why do they seem to actively have a problem with people of different races marrying? That is a part of white supremacy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Are you going to define the "white race" at any point?

I live in a majority "white" neighborhood and believe in multiculturalism. Am I a hypocrite for being born in an ethnically homogeneous country?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Advertisement

Brian? wrote: »
    I live in a majority "white" neighborhood and believe in multiculturalism. Am I a hypocrite for being born in an ethnically homogeneous country?

Have you any experience of living in a multicultural or multiracial area. One where white people are outnumbered.

Have you any experience of living in a multicultural or multiracial area. One where white people are outnumbered.

Yes I have and I work people from entirely different cultural backgrounds, guess what? It was fine, the sky didn't fall in and I wasn't contemplating being white constantly as you seem to. Also you seem to have ignored that 'research' paper of the white supremacists that I linked to...

Yes I have and I work people from entirely different cultural backgrounds, guess what? It was fine, the sky didn't fall in and I wasn't contemplating being white constantly as you seem to. Also you seem to have ignored that 'research' paper of the white supremacists that I linked to...

Good for you, there are many people who don't fancy being a minority and they are perfectly entitled to that view.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Good for you, there are many people who don't fancy being a minority and they are perfectly entitled to that view.

Just not to enforce it .

marienbad wrote: »
    Just not to enforce it .

Its the other side that have a penchant for enforcement.

How so ?

marienbad wrote: »
    Just not to enforce it .

Enforce it how?

I have indeed. What of it?

I don't identify with other "white" people anyway. Culturally, I'm Irish. I am not sure why I would have a common cultural heritage with someone from Norway or Belarus.

I want someone who believes in white nationalism to actually define what "white" is for a start. The concept is fairly abstract from what I can figure out.

they/them/theirs

Enforce it how?

gerrymandering for one , disenfranchisement for another .

What other sides? Are all the white people on one side and all others on another side? Or is it pro/anti multiculturalism?

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

I don't identify with other "white" people anyway. Culturally, I'm Irish. I am not sure why I would have a common cultural heritage with someone from Norway or Belarus.

You may start to if you lived in an area and were attacked for being white. Or if you lived in an area like Detroit or Baltimore. The future is going to be full of Detroit's and Molenbeek's and Tower Hamlet's and Malmo's. You may also become more aware of being white if your kids missed out on a place in their preferred university due to affirmative action.

Other races and groups are acutely aware of their identity, its only naive white people who think it doesn't matter. Anyone who thinks its all going to work out perfectly has no vision.

Btw you don't have to be a raging supremacist just have a think about your identity in a world where identity matters and is growing.

You may start to if you lived in an area and were attacked for being white. Or if you lived in an area like Detroit or Baltimore. The future is going to be full of Detroit's and Molenbeek's and Tower Hamlet's and Malmo's. You may also become more aware of being white if your kids missed out on a place in their preferred university due to affirmative action.

Other races and groups are acutely aware of their identity, its only naive white people who think it doesn't matter. Anyone who thinks its all going to work out perfectly has no vision.

Btw you don't have to be a raging supremacist just have a think about your identity in a world where identity matters and is growing.

Why is there a Detroit ,Molenbeek or Tower Hamlets ? Surly that is the first question we should be asking .

Affirmative action is addressing the very issue you find offensive - a kid get a university place over someone more deserving - it seems it was ok for decades but suddenly it is a problem when it is not your kid getting a leg up.

And another bit of news for you - anyone believes that this crowd includes Irish Catholic Micks or those wop Italians for any reason other than they need the numbers , then you have another think coming .

You're repeatedly dodging my question. Define "white".

they/them/theirs

Are you going to define the "white race" at any point?

I don't have to define anything to/for you.

Where do you live? In Ireland? I know you are a fan of the multi-cult, or have you forgotten we've been down this road before?

I don't have to define anything to/for you.

You don't have to, but it would help us both out. You continually refer to "white" culture. Either define what it actually means or stop using it.
    Where do you live? In Ireland? I know you are a fan of the multi-cult, or have you forgotten we've been down this road before?

I live in Ireland at the moment. Why does this matter?

they/them/theirs

You don't have to, but it would help us both out. You continually refer to "white" culture. Either define what it actually means or stop using it.

I live in Ireland at the moment. Why does this matter?

Interesting, those who attack Whites seem to have no problem identifying them. Not sure why you're so challenged.

I am curious about your location because you made a very weird statement: you choose to live in a White environ, but "believe" in multiculturalism. Like a faith of sorts, perhaps, because you could make your dream a reality by moving to a minority White locale. If you could manage to identify such people, of course.

Interesting, those who attack Whites seem to have no problem identifying them. Not sure why you're so challenged.

I would like to know your definition as you self identify with a group. I want to know what that grouping is, how is it defined, who does it include and who does it not include?
    I am curious about your location because you made a very weird statement: you choose to live in a White environ, but "believe" in multiculturalism. Like a faith of sorts, perhaps, because you could make your dream a reality by moving to a minority White locale. If you could manage to identify such people, of course.

I don't choose to live anywhere because of it's ethnic or cultural make up. I don't care about the cultural or ethnic make up of the area I chose to live. I moved here because of it's proximity to my work, my wife's work, it's proximity to Dublin, the public transport links etc etc. I couldn't care less about the ethnic or cultural make up of where I live, that's what believing in multiculturalism is. I have lived in ethnically and culturally diverse areas and would happily do so again, they tend to have great restaurant choices.

I don't know if I ever lived in an area where "whites" were in the minority, mainly because I am confused as to who is actually white. I have Irish friends who tan quite well and almost look hispanic, do they stop being white for the summer? I need that definition.

I can quite easily distinguish skin tone, but it doesn't matter to me in any way. It matters to you though for some reason I can't understand. You believe it binds people together somehow into a single "white culture", despite the obvious differences between the people who have roughly the same level of skin pigmentation. You are the one seeking to enforce some sort of distinction based on skin colour, not me, so that's why I am asking for you to define it.

If the "white culture" you describe goes beyond skin colour, I'd like to hear that definition instead.

they/them/theirs

Race is more than skin colour. I am Irish, I am a White person, in the sense I am not a Black person, not an Asian person, etc. It's not too hard. Yes, there are "race mixed" people, some use that term, others don't, but it's not really that common, but prob will be more so as Ireland continues to bring more and more non-Whites in.
    I have lived in ethnically and culturally diverse areas and would happily do so again, they tend to have great restaurant choices.

This isn't some "gotcha" game. And yet, you retreat to a meme almost in your explanation of why you "believe" in Multiculturalism, lol : think of the restaurants!

Then this:
    I couldn't care less about the ethnic or cultural make up of where I live, that's what believing in multiculturalism is

Yes, of course, like the previously cited Mr. Tim Wise, you, like him, hate "supremacists", don't care about any of this stuff, but yet you live in a White environ. I know, I know, you would LOVE to live in real diversity, it's just that .....you don't. Actions speak louder than words ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

I would like to know your definition as you self identify with a group. I want to know what that grouping is, how is it defined, who does it include and who does it not include?

I don't choose to live anywhere because of it's ethnic or cultural make up. I don't care about the cultural or ethnic make up of the area I chose to live. I moved here because of it's proximity to my work, my wife's work, it's proximity to Dublin, the public transport links etc etc. I couldn't care less about the ethnic or cultural make up of where I live, that's what believing in multiculturalism is. I have lived in ethnically and culturally diverse areas and would happily do so again, they tend to have great restaurant choices.

I don't know if I ever lived in an area where "whites" were in the minority, mainly because I am confused as to who is actually white. I have Irish friends who tan quite well and almost look hispanic, do they stop being white for the summer? I need that definition.

I can quite easily distinguish skin tone, but it doesn't matter to me in any way. It matters to you though for some reason I can't understand. You believe it binds people together somehow into a single "white culture", despite the obvious differences between the people who have roughly the same level of skin pigmentation. You are the one seeking to enforce some sort of distinction based on skin colour, not me, so that's why I am asking for you to define it.

If the "white culture" you describe goes beyond skin colour, I'd like to hear that definition instead.

Bet you don't live in a halting site. ;)

• Advertisement

Race is more than skin colour. I am Irish, I am a White person, in the sense I am not a Black person, not an Asian person, etc. It's not too hard. Yes, there are "race mixed" people, some use that term, others don't, but it's not really that common, but prob will be more so as Ireland continues to bring more and more non-Whites in.

And yet you still won't define what you mean by white. Who do you include in your definition of white? When do people become too brown to be white? The French? The Italians? Greeks? Spanish???? Who??????
    This isn't some "gotcha" game. And yet, you retreat to a meme almost in your explanation of why you "believe" in Multiculturalism, lol : think of the restaurants!

You say it's not a "gotcha game" and then do this below, it's ridiculous carry on.

Then this:

Yes, of course, like the previously cited Mr. Tim Wise, you, like him, hate "supremacists", don't care about any of this stuff, but yet you live in a White environ. I know, I know, you would LOVE to live in real diversity, it's just that .....you don't. Actions speak louder than words ;)

You really don't get it all do you. I DON'T CARE about the ethnic or cultural make up of the area I live in. It just happens that the majority of people who my area are Irish, so what?

they/them/theirs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement