Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The alt right - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

lol, I get "it" all right ;)

Happy New Year Brian :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Amazingfun wrote: »
    lol, I get "it" all right ;)

Happy New Year Brian :-)

So you're not going to engage on any meaningful level then?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Brian? wrote: »
    And yet you still won't define what you mean by white. Who do you include in your definition of white? When do people become too brown to be white? The French? The Italians? Greeks? Spanish???? Who??????

All of them are white. If I got a suntan could I say I was Chinese?

Your argument is both silly and stupid and worse still. YOU KNOW IT IS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭midnight city

So you're not going to engage on any meaningful level then?

Care to justify open borders? Are there any limits?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Has this poster mentioned open borders?

To answer your question put to a few posters from earlier, I spent much of the last two years living in Toronto (49.1% visible minorities and rising, 51% not born in Canada and if I recall about 75% first-or-second generation immigrants), in a white minority area and loved the place. It is routinely in most 'safest cities in the world' indexes as well as those for quality of life and I plan on moving back there on a more long term basis later in the year because of it.

• Advertisement

So would that mean Zinedine Zidane is white?

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2014/6/25/1403692985606/Zinedine-Zidane-014.jpg

You realise a lot of white nationalists don't consider Italians etc white? The term "white" is so loose it's meaningless.

I'm looking for their definition.

they/them/theirs

Care to define the " white" race and white nationalism. If I get that I'll move on.

they/them/theirs

You realise a lot of white nationalists don't consider Italians etc white? The term "white" is so loose it's meaningless.

You could Google it

Billy86 wrote: »
    Has this poster mentioned open borders?

To answer your question put to a few posters from earlier, I spent much of the last two years living in Toronto (49.1% visible minorities and rising, 51% not born in Canada and if I recall about 75% first-or-second generation immigrants), in a white minority area and loved the place. It is routinely in most 'safest cities in the world' indexes as well as those for quality of life and I plan on moving back there on a more long term basis later in the year because of it.

I'm not close minded on these matters. If it works then great. I'm a little sceptical it will work out as well in Germany and much of Europe where Islamic immigration dominates rather than a truly mixed society.

I'm on record here as saying Galway is an example of where immigration is working well. Molenbeek and Malmö not so much. Then again if people demonstrate to me that it works I'll reassess my position.

It's the way things are heading whether people like it or not. I'd rather it was done more slowly and thet we weren't afraid to specify who we'd prefer to come. Some integrate better than others.

• Advertisement

They can think what they want.

You could Google it

I can google it and get a million different answers. So you or anyone who believes in white identity are simply not going to answer?

they/them/theirs

They can think what they want.

Ahh right. We can all just stop the debate and go off happy then?

they/them/theirs

I can google it and get a million different answers. So you or anyone who believes in white identity are simply not going to answer?

You've already stated you don't think race exists. So why waste time giving you a definition of whiteness when it will only result in a series of to and fro's only to end up exactly where we started.

The sjw's know who they mean when they bang on about white privilege and the likes of Spencer know who they mean when they talk of an ethnostate. Most people around the world will know what is meant by white.

You've already stated you don't think race exists. So why waste time giving you a definition of whiteness when it will only result in a series of to and fro's only to end up exactly where we started.

The sjw's know who they mean when they bang on about white privilege and the likes of Spencer know who they mean when they talk of an ethnostate. Most people around the world will know what is meant by white.

You're right. Let's give up. You can't define what being white means, because it'll be taken to pieces yet again.

they/them/theirs

You're right. Let's give up. You can't define what being white means, because it'll be taken to pieces yet again.

If I was to show you photos of people from around the world and ask you to correctly identify their race. And if you got them all right give you 10,000 you'd be ryming them off to beat the band. We all have a working definition of race. It's not airtight but its practical. The medical world understand it as they know medicine can effect races differently.

If I was to show you photos of people from around the world and ask you to correctly identify their race. And if you got them all right give you 10,000 you'd be ryming them off to beat the band. We all have a working definition of race. It's not airtight but its practical. The medical world understand it as they know medicine can effect races differently.

What has this got to do with white nationalism? I want to know their definition of white as it's so important to them.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

Surely midnight in any conversation it is reasonable to ask what a person means when they use a particular expression . Otherwise the conversation founders .

We may all have a generalised understanding race/European/Asian/white/colour etc but for the proposes of this specific conversation about the alt right white takes on a very specific set of ideas . It is only reasonable to ask you what are your definitions of those ideas and do you stand over them .

If that then opens you to the charge of racism etc so what ? If you believe them then they should be worth defending .Otherwise why are you on here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,287 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Most people around the world will know what is meant by white.

What do you think that is?

If you make a statement like this, have the balls to elaborate.

I have provided enough info in my posts if you read them.

Come on midnight - what is this evasion all about ? I have read all your posts and it is all hints and stop but be at me coyness like a teenager on a first date .

If you believe in a white supremacy theory of some sort ( or any variation thereof ) then spell it out and lets discuss it.

It is not Chrismas Eve anymore so lets stop with the charades .

• Advertisement

marienbad wrote: »
    If you believe in a white supremacy theory of some sort ( or any variation thereof ) then spell it out and lets discuss it .

Wait a minute, where have I said I believe in white supremacy. You obviously haven't been reading my posts at all.

Anyway you won't hear many in the alt right spell out a definition of white. It is not particularly necessary. Nobody is going to be at the gate refusing people entry. Leading people in the movement have slightly different views on it. I have my own views. I'm not providing them at this stage precisely because I know some people are desperate to get their teeth into them. I'm enjoying their frustration..

Wait a minute, where have I said I believe in white supremacy. You obviously haven't been reading my posts at all.

Anyway you won't hear many in the alt right spell out a definition of white. It is not particularly necessary. Nobody is going to be at the gate refusing people entry. Leading people in the movement have slightly different views on it. I have my own views. I'm not providing them at this stage precisely because I know some people are desperate to get their teeth into them. I'm enjoying their frustration..

And you haven't even read the post you are replying to - you will note I said ' any variation thereof ' - I think that covers most everything.

And if you think people are frustrated then you are even more the disgruntled 'teenager' than I supposed . Note the teenager is in inverted commas so you don't actually have to be a teenager to fit the mindset.

If you can come up with an argument we are all ears . In the meantime enjoy your bubble of self-importance while you can.

marienbad wrote: »
    If you believe in a white supremacy theory of some sort ( or any variation thereof ) then spell it out and lets discuss it .

I believe the reason no one on the alt right will define "white" as an ethnicity or culture is because it won't stand up to any sort of critical analysis.

they/them/theirs

I believe the reason no one on the alt right will define "white" as an ethnicity or culture is because it won't stand up to any sort of critical analysis.

You keep missing the point that it doesn't need to. A strict definition may appeal to the extreme neo nazi types but the alt right it isn't so important. A workable understanding of whiteness is enough. Nobody is going to be mailing out DNA kits from Alt Right HQ..

Jesus Christ, you even put the word white in quotation marks.

Go ahead. Tell me how the Caucasian people are not an ethnicity or have a culture.

All of them [French, Italians, Greeks, Spanish] are white. If I got a suntan could I say I was Chinese?.

Go ahead. Tell me how the Caucasian people are not an ethnicity or have a culture.
    You never did get back to me over if you think Zinedine Zidane is white, but anyway... Spain and Russia have the same culture?

Billy86 wrote: »
    You never did get back to me over if you think Zinedine Zidane is white, but anyway... Spain and Russia have the same culture?

Zinedine Zidane looks Caucasian to me, does he look Asian to you.:confused:

Spain and Russia both mainly Christian, so similar cultures.

Is a person of colour in America who believes in Jesus not of the same ethnicity
    of a witch doctor in Africa?

Did I say anything about Caucasian?

they/them/theirs

Is a person of colour in America who believes in Jesus not of the same ethnicity
    Funny you mention Spain and Russia both being primarily Christian, Zidane's parents are both Algerian, and just like them he is a Muslim... but that's ok, he's got a pale pigment. I'm guessing he wouldn't pass that 'sun tan' test of yours though?

By the way, it's odd that you consider Spain and Russia to have very similar cultures to Zambia, Zimbabwe and Uganda - also predominantly Christian countries. Do they pass the 'white culture' test too then?

So what about Thierry Henry, does he qualify? Sure he doesn't "look" white, but was born in France and his parents are from Martinique and Guadelope, both at least 80% Christian countries. They share the same culture as France, Spain, Russia etc if you are consistent in your logic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭B_Wayne

Spain and Russia don't have similar cultures, you seem to think skin tone and religion dictates cultures being the same. I don't think it's a problem if cultures are different but you have a very basic idea on how cultures are similar. Eg Russia only in recent modern history ceased to be the Soviet Union and currently veer more in the direction of an autocracy, that's a significant cultural difference between Spain and Russia.

However regardless of the fact that cultures can be significantly different, I've never really had a problem with cultural differences. I've worked with people from tonnes of cultures and a fair few are good friends.

The obsession with race in the alt right is white supremacy rebranded, pure and simple. It reminds me of when creationists started discussing 'intelligent design' to look more legitimate. Are you also concerned about a race war? Cause, yeah that comes from white supremacy.... You have an assumption that you simply can't coexist with other races, have you ever considered it might be your problem?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement