Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The alt right - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

Billy86 wrote: »
    So you are saying Uganda and Ireland are the same culture? Because here's another example of your thought process being all over the place in your posts:

Your basis for white/caucasian culture being a homogenous culture is that their religion is the same, therefore Ugandans or Zambians are of the same culture also. But that runs completely counter to the definition of 'caucasian' - "a white person; a person of European origin."

By the way, you definitely did say white. :D

Have you got a different definition of a Caucasian. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Caucasian isn't European. It's also a stupid term. Only used in the US.

Caucasian isn't European. It's also a stupid term. Only used in the US.

Look it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Your own basis for "white/Caucasian culture" (Christianity) is something that includes a lot of Africa, South America and other parts of the world. It makes zero sense.

Look it up.

I don't have to. It's a term that includes Arabs, Turks etc.

Its also not used outside the US, except by people whose mind is colonised by the US.

• Advertisement

Your own basis for "white/Caucasian culture" (Christianity) is something that includes a lot of Africa, South America and other parts of the world. It makes zero sense.

I don't see why there aren't white European South Americans (of course there are) but Caucasian (moronic archaic term that it is) isn't the same as European.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Every country in the world has borders.

Japan is 98% Japanese, ask them why.

How is this a response to my post? I am purely addressing the alt right position inward migration to the US.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Brian? wrote: »
    How is this a response to my post? I am purely addressing the alt right position inward migration to the US.

What is this alt right position?

You should ask them. The term is information free. It's leader (or one of them) is a gay Jewish man with a black boyfriend.

There's a broad anti immigration movement with nothing in common except that ( and a dislike of identity politics). The alt right is a small part of that.

Don't play dumb.

• Advertisement

Don't play dumb.

Sorry, but that'd be your card here. You were asked to give a reason why "Caucasian culture" links Spain and Russia, and your answer (religion) was entirely applicable to either country and Uganda or Zambia.

You really should revisit your initial answer.

You should ask them. The term is information free. It's leader (or one of them) is a gay Jewish man with a black boyfriend.

You missed the news earlier in the thread. Milo is no longer alt-right, he's an alt-lite shill who's only in for the money,
    There's a broad anti immigration movement with nothing in common except that ( and a dislike of identity politics). The alt right is a small part of that.

Richard Spencer, a central figure in the alt-right movement, believes immigration should be limited to white Europeans.

they/them/theirs

What is this alt right position?

I already said, on the last page. A ban on non-white European immigration:

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/21/white-supremacists-celebrate-trumps-election-call-for-ban-on-non-european-immigration/

they/them/theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Tbh, I've been checking the donald on reddit on and off for over a year now, mainly for wikileaks related stuff, and I've never seen Richard Spencer mentioned, in fact I never heard of him until browsing this thread. Perhaps he has been and I missed it, but I can say for sure it hasn't been very often. He is not the leader of the "alt right". The leader over there is Pepe the frog, who's just an innocent meme. I've seen endless threads of people being embraced for going to the US legally though.
    I would gladly distance myself from someone if he himself claims to be a white nationalist. Does he?

Perhaps the people on 4chan /pol talk about him if that's the case, the people there are a pretty extreme minority. It's my opinion the "alt right" are much more anti modern liberalism/PC culture than anything else. They don't associate modern liberalism as real liberal values. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the alt right would disassociate themselves from people proclaiming to be white nationalists. That's the thing you don't get I guess, the goal is they want to stop referring to people by race and using identity politics/race baiting ideologies that are liberals mainstay of expression, in term limiting any real debate or free speech which inevitably ends in "racist!".

With constant threads like this daily, https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5lgtit/remember_when_this_based_man_said_that_no/ , your stance seems to be a bit disingenuous.

I will admit the alt right is strongly anti Islam, it's hard to blame them for thinking that way with all the terror attacks going around the world. The right people to blame are the ones who stuck there nose in the middle east and made it unstable with bad foreign policy and lies for monetary gain.

TLDR: The "Alt right" is a movement of people fed up with modern PC culture and the regressive left. There's a good video describing it pretty accurately here, which is imo fair and unbiased.

Tbh, I've been checking the donald on reddit on and off for over a year now, mainly for wikileaks related stuff, and I've never seen Richard Spencer mentioned, in fact I never heard of him until browsing this thread. Perhaps he has been and I missed it, but I can say for sure it hasn't been very often. He is not the leader of the "alt right". The leader over there is Pepe the frog, who's just an innocent meme. I've seen endless threads of people being embraced for going to the US legally though.
    I would gladly distance myself from someone if he himself claims to be a white nationalist. Does he?

Perhaps the people on 4chan /pol talk about him if that's the case, the people there are a pretty extreme minority. It's my opinion the "alt right" are much more anti modern liberalism/PC culture than anything else. They don't associate modern liberalism as real liberal values. I'm pretty sure the vast majority of the alt right would disassociate themselves from people proclaiming to be white nationalists. That's the thing you don't get I guess, the goal is they want to stop referring to people by race and using identity politics/race baiting ideologies that are liberals mainstay of expression, in term limiting any real debate or free speech which inevitably ends in "racist!".

With constant threads like this daily, https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5lgtit/remember_when_this_based_man_said_that_no/ , your stance seems to be a bit disingenuous.

I will admit the alt right is strongly anti Islam, it's hard to blame them for thinking that way with all the terror attacks going around the world. The right people to blame are the ones who stuck there nose in the middle east and made it unstable with bad foreign policy and lies for monetary gain.

TLDR: The "Alt right" is a movement of people fed up with modern PC culture and the regressive left. There's a good video describing it pretty accurately here, which is imo fair and unbiased.

Thanks for that. The problem is that Richard Spencer has repeatedly been hailed as part of the alt right by posters who proclaim to be alt right many times in this thread.

I'm aware it's a broad church, but anyone who's alt right I've encountered online is unwilling to distance themselves from people like Spencer.

they/them/theirs

I should also point out that Spence created the term alt right. He may not be its leader, but as I said, he's a central figure.

they/them/theirs

There is definitely many racists supporting Trump, I don't know anything about Richard Spencer so need to do some research. The people on reddit don't call themselves alt right, they see it as term used to brand them as racists which I find somewhat unfair. I think there is liberal racists too, but they are somewhat protected as attacking white people doesn't come across badly, e.g. that MTV video from a while back? I don't think it would have received the same backlash if Trump had of lost. That's the sort of thing people, myself included, are sick of.

I remember HRC gave a speech about the racist alt right mentioning pepe the frog calling him a hate figure etc,( or what that her website? Can't remember) anyway in reality she got duped by a bunch of trolls using the image to portray white supremacy to get a reaction. Pepe doesn't represent anything, it's a picture of a frog, that's the "beauty" of it.

I think the majority are a bunch of people using the internet to troll/wind up the establishment, at the same time fighting against the OTT liberalism/PC culture, don't have bigoted values and are good people, on the other side of the coin there is some real racists hiding behind that. I wish the media would make that distinction, but they never will.

There is definitely many racists supporting Trump, I don't know anything about Richard Spencer so need to do some research. The people on reddit don't call themselves alt right, they see it as term used to brand them as racists which I find somewhat unfair. I think there is liberal racists too, but they are somewhat protected as attacking white people doesn't come across badly, e.g. that MTV video from a while back?

I remember HRC gave a speech about the racist alt right mentioning pepe the frog calling him a hate figure etc, when in reality she got duped by a bunch of trolls using the image to portray white supremacy.

I think the majority are a bunch of people using the internet to troll/wind up the establishment, at the same time fighting about the OTT liberalism/PC culture, don't have bigoted values and are good people, on the other side of the coin there is some real racists hiding behind that.

Unfortunately the people you speak of are currently being turned and being branded names like "alt lite" by the "white nationalist" elements of the alt right.

they/them/theirs

Never heard the term alt lite but it makes sense what you're saying. It's summed up pretty well in this tweet imo. I sure as hell do not want to be associated with racists. I never knowingly supported either group, just kind of fell into the meme war stuff and found it funny when it got into the MSM.

https://twitter.com/PrisonPlanet/status/801179724768825345/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Except Spencer is the leader of a white nationalist movement. The alt right doesn't really exist except as an umbrella term. There is no consistancy of ideology or organisation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

. A workable understanding of whiteness is enough. .

snowflake ?

There's actually an 'alt right' reddit also, as in the US Trump used them as a base, but also moved out and had big support from rust belters which helped tip the election (as well as those who would vote for anything with an '(R)' beside their name, and the 'lolz celebzz in the white house' crowd, though that one was a small contingent in my opinion) - many of whom are not alt right at all, but just felt completely ignored by the system in general on both the Democrat and Republican sides.

Spencer is not 'the' leader of the alt right as there really isn't one and they appear to be breaking down increasingly into separate factions several of which are very hostile towards others (one of these splits has come about from the likes of Spencer's encouraging Nazi salutes at speeches and using Nazi propaganda). When you check out the alt right reddit page, you're almost guaranteed to have a story about Richard Spencer on the front page. I just checked right now and there's one there right now entitled "PJW wages war on Richard Spencer".

There's actually an 'alt right' reddit also, as in the US Trump used them as a base, but also moved out and had big support from rust belters which helped tip the election (as well as those who would vote for anything with an '(R)' beside their name, and the 'lolz celebzz in the white house' crowd, though that one was a small contingent in my opinion) - many of whom are not alt right at all, but just felt completely ignored by the system in general on both the Democrat and Republican sides.

Spencer is not 'the' leader of the alt right as there really isn't one and they appear to be breaking down increasingly into separate factions several of which are very hostile towards others (one of these splits has come about from the likes of Spencer's encouraging Nazi salutes at speeches and using Nazi propaganda). When you check out the alt right reddit page, you're almost guaranteed to have a story about Richard Spencer on the front page. I just checked right now and there's one there right now entitled "PJW wages war on Richard Spencer".

Gotta hold my hands up and say I was wrong, when people were referring to the alt right in this thread I figured they meant the donald etc. Had a quick look there at the alt right sub reddit, don't intend on revisiting. People like that need to be put down.

Except Spencer is the leader of a white nationalist movement. The alt right doesn't really exist except as an umbrella term. There is no consistancy of ideology or organisation.

Spencer created the term alt-right. He is a central figure in the alt right.

Even on this thread he's been referred to as part of the "real" alt-right.

they/them/theirs

Gotta hold my hands up and say I was wrong, when people were referring to the alt right in this thread I figured they meant the donald etc. Had a quick look there at the alt right sub reddit, don't intend on revisiting. People like that need to be put down.

Ah yeah I do get ya, the two of us disagree on about everything and can be a right pair of c***s to each other at the best of times :D , but to your credit you stand for what you believe in and are fairly consistent about it which is grand by me.

The reason I get quite tetchy towards the element of Trump supporters on the AH thread or some here who don't bother (or to be more precise, flat out refuse to) look into any of the details around this is because they're essentially promoting that kind of crap (often without even knowing it because they're too busy chasing the lulz) which is seriously dangerous carry on. That said, it's also a big reason on the other end of the spectrum to not lump all Trump supporters in together as there were a lot of people who either supported Trump or just wanted him ahead of Clinton who like yourself would be horrified by what many in the alt right stand for.

At the same time as being like they are in that subreddit, they'll also be the first to play the victim card at any opportunity, and comments like Clintons "deplorables" one in the election campaign play right into their hands in that sense. It's also why this emerging alt right/alt light/etc split is going to make for pretty interesting viewing.

I took a quick click back on it myself in typing this, and Richard Spencer is again in the title of the third link on the page :p . He's one to be cautious of, the type that attempts to dress himself in sheeps clothing but is absolutely central in whipping the type of fervour you see in that subreddit of his Nazi salute speeches. This time it was him complaining about being banned from all 26 of the Schengen countries for trying to organise white supremacist activities in Hungary. He is a vile, insidious cretin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

Richard Spencer has done a "let's end this" video addressed mainly to the residents of Whitefish. It confirms most of what I've said previously about the situation, and for anyone still unclear, explains it a bit more.
    Best news is that there may indeed be some kind of professional/legal consequences on the horizon for the heinous Tanya Gersh. I would be very happy to see that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

They sure don't make members of the master race like they used to. This Spencer guy sounds exactly like a sjw moaning about something.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

20Cent wrote: »
    They sure don't make members of the master race like they used to. This Spencer guy sounds exactly like a sjw moaning about something.

And he tried to use his mother as a pawn to attack jews which has now backfired making him look like an angry mean teenager.

I expect the nazi march probably won't happen just because I don't think they have the organisation to be able to pull it off. They're all just bluster.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Richard Spencer has done a "let's end this" video addressed mainly to the residents of Whitefish. ]

Yikes. That's embarrassing isn't it?

He makes a YouTube video message to the people of whitefish. What a f'ing coward.

If he's such a great leader why doesn't he go there and hold a public meeting to answer questions?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭midnight city

InTheTrees wrote: »
    And he tried to use his mother as a pawn to attack jews which has now backfired making him look like an angry mean teenager.

Don't worry about the truth.. it doesn't matter..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement