Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The alt right - Mod Warning in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I would have thought that with amazingfun banned, that would be the last we'd see on Boards of that fake news about Heyer. I guess not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Noel82

They are subjected to rascim ever dayby the MSM.

Just look at that it's OK to be white media.

About the Charlottesville incident. I don't believe she was hit by the car and asked for evidence there is no video of Heather getting hit by the car.

I can understand your view to an extent that an anti white bias exists in certain sections and pundits within the media, but you're exaggerating it massively. Just turn off CNN and MSNBC and get your fix from Fox or another ring wing media outlet if that's what you're into.

The bolded bit makes it look like you are entering the crazy zone. It's my view there are toxic fringe minorities on both sides of the political spectrum that get far too much TV publicity, but to suggest a Woman in Charlottesville wasn't killed is nutty even by my standards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,274 ✭✭✭emo72

jesus christ, ive read three or four pages of this thread and can honestly say ive no idea whats going on. the world is depressing. and the sad thing is theres no leader that can calm people down and unite people. things are getting too polarised. like ww2 polarised. leaders used to emerge,like mlk who could talk sense and bring both sides together. now everyone acts like complete dicks. nobody can offer the hand of friendship. how did it get to this?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

This talking to people with a different opinion like they are children or less than you is the reason why Trump got elected

Poor people are the greatest oppression of history, always have been and always will be.

This media biase of blaming everything on the white man is doing no good for anyone.

You have an angry poor black man thinking it's all the white man's fault and you have an angry poor white man thinking why are they blaming me.

That media bias doesn’t exist.

Trump got elected because he lied to poor white people. He conned then into thinking he’d bring the old jobs back. He won’t.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

emo72 wrote: »
    jesus christ, ive read three or four pages of this thread and can honestly say ive no idea whats going on. the world is depressing. and the sad thing is theres no leader that can calm people down and unite people. things are getting too polarised. like ww2 polarised. leaders used to emerge,like mlk who could talk sense and bring both sides together. now everyone acts like complete dicks. nobody can offer the hand of friendship. how did it get to this?

Why are you blaming both sides? One side are aligned with actual Nazis.

they/them/theirs

• Advertisement

They are subjected to rascim ever day by the MSM.

Just look at that it's OK to be white media.

About the Charlottesville incident. I don't believe she was hit by the car and asked for evidence there is no video of Heather getting hit by the car.

Why don’t you believe she was hit with a car?

they/them/theirs

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

This talking to people with a different opinion like they are children or less than you is the reason why Trump got elected
    About the only thing more tiresome than the "white men are oppressed" whingefest is the inevitable "see? this is why Trump got elected" pouting.
    This media biase of blaming everything on the white man is doing no good for anyone.
    There is no media biase [sic] of blaming everything on the white man. It's a figment of your poor oppressed imagination, fed by right-wingers with their own agenda.
    Wow. You should have opened with that, then it would have been obvious that there's no point trying to have a rational conversation with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

emo72 wrote: »
    The sad thing is, the leaders of Russia and the USA are actively fighting against unity at every opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I don't agree with the idea that a white person are the receivers of racism. It is a fact of life that it's the exact opposite; white people do not receive racism. However a certain ignorant section of white people in this world can inflict racism to other people who are of a different colour & vice versa. I don't believe that white people are solely responsible for the ills of this world. These ills & oppression on the world can be caused by anyone of any faith, colour, race or religious belief regardless of where they come from. These issues or failures from a certain section of people in the world do not have to be solely be blamed on the white man. That idea is ludicrous.

All people in this world do need to apply some personal responsibility & care to make their world a better place for them & for others. This can be achieved with peace, harmony & respectful dialogue between one another. This type of philosophy is not going to be solved by going into wars with North Korea, increasing fears of possible terror attacks among society which can happen with frequent regularity, having far right politicians in national parliaments from certain countries in the EU & the like & finally by spreading fear & hate to people of other religions & beliefs when they don't need it.

That type of nonsense ultimately solves nothing when it reaches the end of it's tether. People like the Alt-right need to learn this valuable lesson to make it less unbearable on others & for the needs of the rest of society as a whole. Thankfully this type of stuff from the Alt-right does not get into the mainstream in Ireland. We on boards & probably the rest of the country have never heard of Alt-right groups being established in Ireland & that can only be a good thing for us as we do have a very good life in this country. Although there are incidents of racism that are accounted for in Ireland but it is hard for me to say if it correlates with support for the Alt-right or it could be from people who act like ignorant wastes of air just for the sake of it. People who engage in this behaviour need to be ignored for the good of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭The Legend Of Kira

I don't agree with the idea that a white person are the receivers of racism. It is a fact of life that it's the exact opposite; white people do not receive racism. However a certain ignorant section of white people in this world can inflict racism to other people who are of a different colour & vice versa. I don't believe that white people are solely responsible for the ills of this world. These ills & oppression on the world can be caused by anyone of any faith, colour, race or religious belief regardless of where they come from. These issues or failures from a certain section of people in the world do not have to be solely be blamed on the white man. That idea is ludicrous.

All people in this world do need to apply some personal responsibility & care to make their world a better place for them & for others. This can be achieved with peace, harmony & respectful dialogue between one another. This type of philosophy is not going to be solved by going into wars with North Korea, increasing fears of possible terror attacks among society which can happen with frequent regularity, having far right politicians in national parliaments from certain countries in the EU & the like & finally by spreading fear & hate to people of other religions & beliefs when they don't need it.

That type of nonsense ultimately solves nothing when it reaches the end of it's tether. People like the Alt-right need to learn this valuable lesson to make it less unbearable on others & for the needs of the rest of society as a whole. Thankfully this type of stuff from the Alt-right does not get into the mainstream in Ireland. We on boards & probably the rest of the country have never heard of Alt-right groups being established in Ireland & that can only be a good thing for us as we do have a very good life in this country. Although there are incidents of racism that are accounted for in Ireland but it is hard for me to say if it correlates with support for the Alt-right or it could be from people who act like ignorant wastes of air just for the sake of it. People who engage in this behaviour need to be ignored for the good of society.
    "" spreading fear & hate to people of other religions & beliefs when they don't need it. ""

Im gonna reply to this quote from your post, I can only assume you re referring to [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]criticism of Islam when you use terms like " spreading fear & hate " ? a few weeks ago a new Scientology centre opened in Dublin there were protests on the opening day outside the centre + certain known people online putting up posts on " how to try legally get the new centre closed " etc, would you consider all of that equally to be [/font]" spreading fear & hate " ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

"" spreading fear & hate to people of other religions & beliefs when they don't need it. ""

Im gonna reply to this quote from your post, I can only assume you re referring to [font=Open Sans, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]criticism of Islam when you use terms like " spreading fear & hate " ? a few weeks ago a new Scientology centre opened in Dublin there were protests on the opening day outside the centre + certain known people online putting up posts on " how to try legally get the new centre closed " etc, would you consider all of that equally to be [/font]" spreading fear & hate " ?

What does scientology and Islam got to do with the alt right?. Alt right spread hate and fear. 'blood and soil'. Hell thats not even calling out either scientology or islam. That's just anti semitic. Not free speech either, it's clearly hate speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

Hey look a squirrel.

I joined a Nazi hunting group on twitter, bloody hell the amount of them and the hate they are spreading is horrible and disturbing. Twitter bans such people from France and Germany if they can do it there they can do it everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭OnDraught

You’re on to something here. Better let Charlie Manson out and deify David Koresh. Or we could be less mental.

What does scientology and Islam got to do with the alt right?. Alt right  spread hate and fear. 'blood and soil'. Hell thats not even calling out either scientology or islam. That's just anti semitic. Not free speech either, it's clearly hate speech.
    On a few past threads on boards about terrorism attacks in Europe, some people played the " you re spreading hate & fear " card when people said anything critical of Islam or when some people linked terrorism attacks with some teachings of Islam. That,s why I specifically brought up Islam due to some people on the left trying to protect it from criticism on past threads on here.

On a few past threads on boards about terrorism attacks in Europe, some people played the " you re spreading hate & fear " card when people said anything critical of Islam or when some people linked terrorism attacks with some teachings of Islam. That,s why I specifically brought up Islam due to some people on the left trying to protect it from criticism on past threads on here.
    Actually, you'll find on any of those threads the "hate and fear" talk is coming from the Islamphobes more than any, and since they're typically on After Hours, by a considerable margin at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Maybe because blaming an entire religion on the actions of a few radicals is nonsense. We don't blame Christians for the ALT-Right/Nazis. We didn't see reams of debates about the US Army or Christians feeding terrorism after that ex army lad mowed down the church goers in Texas the other day. I wonder if he had a copy of the bible in his house would FOX have been all over Christians? I don't think so. Lets not forget George W. said he was chosen by God around the time of Iraq and the war for money.
    Let's blame twisted loners, Nazis and ISIS for the actions of twisted loners, Nazis and ISIS.
    I know Islam is a nice distraction from the fact that the Republicans don't care about the majority of their countrymen.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Actually, you'll find on any of those threads the "hate and fear" talk is coming from the Islamphobes more than any, and since they're typically on After Hours, by a considerable margin at that.
    Ah you used the term " Islamphobe " in reference to so called Islamophobia .

433014.jpg

So in your opinion is any criticism of Islam "hate and fear" talk ?

433014.jpg

Hitchens never said that. But hey: who needs facts when you have an irrational hatred of Muslims?

oscarBravo wrote: »
    433014.jpg

Hitchens never said that. But hey: who needs facts when you have an irrational hatred of Muslims?
    Criticism of Islam getting conflated with hatred, as in hatred of people- for your info I don,t hate Muslims, I have a strong dislike of the Religion of Islam, there is a distinction between having a dislike of a religion vs having a hatred of people .

Ah you used the term " Islamphobe " in reference to so called Islamophobia .

So in your opinion is any criticism of Islam "hate and fear" talk ?
    Hitchens sometimes made very good points, and other times just made an arse of himself in the interests of being provocative (and is often used conveniently by people against one religion, when they absolutely don't share his views on other religions). This is one of the latter cases, with the term was first coined by a French painter and a Algerian intellectual in a biography of Muhammad 100 years ago, likely taken off the term Judeophobia (coined by a Jew from Poland) which was used in the 1880s. I'm not sure how Hitchens considers any of those people to be fascists, do you?

The below actually fits Islamophobia very well also, despite it describing Judeophobia:
    Gustavo Perednik has argued that what he terms "Judeophobia" has a number of unique traits which set it apart from other forms of racism, including permanence, depth, obsessiveness, irrationality, endurance, ubiquity, and danger. He also wrote in his book The Judeophobia that "The Jews were accused by the nationalists of being the creators of Communism; by the Communists of ruling Capitalism. If they live in non-Jewish countries, they are accused of double-loyalties; if they live in the Jewish country, of being racists. When they spend their money, they are reproached for being ostentatious; when they don't spend their money, of being avaricious. They are called rootless cosmopolitans or hardened chauvinists. If they assimilate, they are accused of being fifth-columnists, if they don't, of shutting themselves away.

All the same, I can't help but notice you're not disagreeing with my point that the 'hate and fear' posts on those threads is far outweighed by those who.

• Advertisement

Criticism of Islam getting conflated with hatred, as in hatred of people- for your info I don,t hate Muslims, I have a strong dislike of the Religion of Islam, there is a distinction between having a dislike of a religion vs having a hatred of people .
    Hold on, why are you throwing up fake quotes knowingly?

...there is a distinction between having a dislike of a religion vs having a hatred of people .
    There is, but unfortunately far too many people who piously declare that they have no issue with Muslims are only too happy to do stupid things like tarring them all with the same brush. You know: linking terrorism attacks with the teachings of Islam, that sort of thing.

You brought it up out of the blue. It's kinda like people un able to coherently defend trump,so they barge into threads to talk about Clinton.

The left this and the left that. I'm pretty sure if you look at the history of left politics you will find them fighting for free speech throughout the twenty and twenty first century.

The alt right are disgusting, and sensible human being would know this.

Billy86 wrote: »
    Hold on, why are you throwing up fake quotes knowingly?
    I saw that quote attributed to Hitchens loads of times over the years, 1st I have heard of it to be a fake .

I saw that quote attributed to Hitchens loads of times over the years, 1st I have heard of it to be a fake .

There's a valuable lesson in there about believing what you read on the Internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Richard Spencer and his groupies are very anti irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,939 ✭✭✭20Cent

"Just because you see a quote on the Internet with a name or photo beside it doesn't mean the person said it".

Martin Luther King

For people who use the bogus term of " Islamophobia " even known moderate Imams see & recognize such a term is nonsense, this is a recent tweet from Imam Tawhidi & what he said about " Islamophobia " by attaching this screensave of his recent tweet Im quoting him .

433073.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

For people who use the bogus term of " Islamophobia " even known moderate Imams see & recognize such a term is nonsense, this is a recent tweet from Imam Tawhidi & what he said about " Islamophobia " by attaching this screensave of his recent tweet Im quoting him .

433073.png

Anyone who knows anything about Islam and what it entails are rightly sceptical about it.

• Advertisement

433073.png

So what are you adding to this conversation?. Are you a supporter of the alt right?.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement