Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carbon road bike value

Options
  • 17-11-2016 5:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys!

Just wondering if someone could give me an idea of what my bike is worth.

It's a 2009 Trek Madone 6.9 made from 600 series OCLV carbon. Bike recieved a custom paint job previous owner due to personal preference. When new , they were €6,600 but many of the components aren't original and obviously it's quite old.
    Shifters , front + rear mech , casette and chain are Shimano 105 5800 and have barely been used and brakes are Axis 1.0. Saddle is Planet X superlight team saddle, stem is 3T and bars are Fsa. Crankset is Sram Gxp and wheels are Mavic Cosmic Sl 52mm clincher in excellent condition.
    Bicyclebluebook.com give values on all bikes and you can customise it for whatever components on your bike are not original but I'd like an opinion from some people on here.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Shop around online and see what's the cheapest new, full carbon bike with Shimano 105 components You can find. I suspect you'll pick one up for €1500-€2000 new (maybe cheaper). I also think the custom paint job may actually devalue the bike.

Have a look on adverts.ie and see what other bikes are selling for.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

In my opinion 7/8/900 would be purchase price depending on size and condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

In my opinion 7/8/900 would be purchase price depending on size and condition.

There's some serious value out there at the moment.
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CBUNPXSLPULT6800/planet-x-pro-carbon-shimano-ultegra-6800-road-bike-(unbuilt)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,084 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

It's a superbike frame with relatively crap parts, which is a shame. IMO top-end frame tech hasn't changed that much since 2009, and bikes have gotten more expensive.

I'd say price depends a lot on the state of the frame. Pics?

Advertisement