Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bray Wanderers Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

• 17-11-2016 9:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

We don't seem to have one ANYWHERE , lets gets this one going

quite a few players already signed back with gary mccabe looking to be on his way back

re-signed so far for 2017 season

Hugh Douglas John Sullivan , Mark Salmon, Ger Pender, Jason Marks , Alan Kehoe, Conor Kenna , Tim Clancy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Been away from home since 2011 so have lost touch somewhat with what's going on but there seems to be a positive vibe around the club right now.

Any word on Connolly staying for next year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Been away from home since 2011 so have lost touch somewhat with what's going on but there seems to be a positive vibe around the club right now.

a bit of talk that he's off to dundalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭kksaints

Didn't we sign Barker from ye? Very useful player slighty unfortunate that we already have good full backs in Ger O'Brian and Bermo but I hope he stays with us for next seasons as Ger will be old enough by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

peteeeed wrote: »

a bit of talk that he's off to dundalk

I'm sure he's on a 2 year contract, or am I mistaken?
    kksaints wrote: »
    Didn't we sign Barker from ye? Very useful player slighty unfortunate that we already have good full backs in Ger O'Brian and Bermo but I hope he stays with us for next seasons as Ger will be old enough by then.

Ye did indeed, was disappointed he left. Good player, will gladly have him back!

Overall, decent players have re-signed, John Sullivan in particular. Harry will do a good job there!

• Advertisement

Darragh noone has re-signed today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

peteeeed wrote: »
    Darragh noone has resigned today

re-signed or resigned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Nevermind. I see from Facebook that he has re-signed.

Haha my bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

What happened with the new grounds plan from ~2 years ago? Is it still in the pipeline? Or did I just mention the war :/

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Mushy wrote: »
    I'm sure he's on a 2 year contract, or am I mistaken?

Supposedly confusion on whether it is or not.

barker has re-signed with pats

Back to Friday night games this season

A good move

I live in Cork so means I'll get to less than the 1 home game I made it to last season. But will do limerick away properly this time, hopefully Galway too.

Mushy wrote: »
    I live in Cork so means I'll get to less than the 1 home game I made it to last season. But will do limerick away properly this time, hopefully Galway too.

That's a pity , the crowds really picked up in the 2nd half of the season so I was surprised they were moving back to Friday nights but I guess there's less competition

Wasn't one of the goals to have an average attendance of over 1500 or something? Obviously well short of that but a better start will help.

Looking forward to fixtures now

• Advertisement

Any use?

pacey and scored a few goals in his first spell but quite small

http://johnbradysf.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/huge-concern-for-future-of-bray.html?m=1 Article from Sinn Fein td about Carlisle grounds future

Official statement by the club , looks like we're moving

http://braywanderersfc.ie/bray-wanderers-fc-launch-5-year-strategic-plan-2017-2021/

The plans sound good, but not a fan. Beside the dart line makes it a great spot.

Knew it was all too good. Out of town, won't trust the luas plan, quarter finished main stand...not a fan!

Peter Cherie is the latest player to re-sign with the club

I'm still dubious of it all.

200 a season ticket now!

Yeah a jump of 60 euro , also the 5 year plan mentions moving to a fully professional team and does not mention a named site for the new ground , until that is known , its hard to know what to make of it all

Yeah all financial projections were for full time. Just have to wait and see

• Advertisement

Karl Moore has re-signed , had a very impressive season

Keith Buckley has signed from boys

kevin lynch re-signs , had a great season

Aaron greene has joined the club

See a fitness coach from leinster rugby and Dublin gaa has signed on. Hopefully he's good!

Gary McCabe signs , great to have him back

• Advertisement

Genuinely are you guys worried that yous are signing players who were on wages not far under 4 figures last season? Greene being the player, I'd imagine McCabe was on a healthy enough wage at Rovers too.

Genuinely are you guys worried that yous are signing players who were on wages not far under 4 figures last season? Greene being the player, I'd imagine McCabe was on a healthy enough wage at Rovers too.
    its all speculation , i'm hoping we're spending some connolly money . i know our new owner has money but i doubt he will be shelling out every year and will want a return which going by the 5 year plan , the return will be redeveloping the Carlisle grounds

Worried and excited. I imagine it'll turn to anger and despair over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

The stages of being a loi fan

Excitement.
    Joy.
    Despair
    Acceptance

Sometimes Joy is replaced with extra despair though

Dylan Connolly signs new 2 year contract , great news

• Advertisement

As good as a new signing. Once he doesn't miss a large part of the season again he should be able to rip it up!

fixtures

C0SGVWOXcAAhDOD.png:large

Will be mainly making away trips. If I head home, I'll fit in a game alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

O'connor and Mulvey were both at the council meeting last night putting forward their proposal to move. Initial impressions were that it did not go down well trying to find out more.

Tippex wrote: »
    O'connor and Mulvey were both at the council meeting last night putting forward their proposal to move. Initial impressions were that it did not go down well trying to find out more.

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2017/01/10/panic-on-the-streets-around-the-carlisle/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

What do they mean by March 2018 - Revenue arrears cleared?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭Tippex

Waiting to see the minutes from the council meeting but this article gives a taste of what went on although there seems to be a lot about the questions from the Councillors and not as much of a response (though I would lay blame on the reporting more so than the responses) http://www.independent.ie/regionals/braypeople/news/seagulls-boss-says-club-has-no-plans-to-leave-carlisle-grounds-35375499.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Tippex wrote: »
    Waiting to see the minutes from the council meeting but this article gives a taste of what went on although there seems to be a lot about the questions from the Councillors and not as much of a response (though I would lay blame on the reporting more so than the responses) http://www.independent.ie/regionals/braypeople/news/seagulls-boss-says-club-has-no-plans-to-leave-carlisle-grounds-35375499.html

Little bit concerned about this part, ( fwiw I don't ever want to see BW going the way of other clubs - Sporting Fingal, Monaghan Town etc, the club is an integral part of the LOI and long may that continue)

With regard to how much has been invested in the club, he held up a piece of paper to show the members privately, however later he let slip that it's €700,000. 'Despite that, we're still losing €250,000 and will lose more this year as we're investing in trying to qualify for Europe,' he said.

• Advertisement
Advertisement