Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bray Wanderers Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thats very worrying, be lucky to make 2020, unless of course they do a Dundalk now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

There's a meeting next week ' save the Carlisle grounds ' think it's he 31st

So the first 3 games of pre season have been played
    1-0 v Longford
    0-4 st pats ( Leinster senior cup )
    3-1 Waterford ( away )

new appointments for the u-19 management team

http://braywanderersfc.ie/marc-kenny-appointed-u19s-head-coach/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I love the fact that they don't mention that he is Harry's brother!

If the time is right it could be a fun trip for the novelty of it all!

away to drogheda in the EA sports cup 1st round

• Advertisement

Great win and performance tonight , new fellas all played really well

A good start anyway, let's hope they keep it up!

tomorrow nights programme cover

C7refsgXwAAYYzB.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

That's sheer class, fair play Bray.

This league really pulls together when it has to.

Great win in Derry

Doing it the hard way!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

peteeeed wrote: »
    Great win in Derry

You got lucky...and technically you were in Donegal.

NIMAN wrote: »
    You got lucky...and technically you were in Donegal.

True , HUGE win away to Derry in Donegal :)

Hopefully get a decent cup run going!

What a win last night

• Advertisement

Great stuff, hopefully get a few more wins now and they'll be right in the mix

Another great win and a big crowd

Flying high, great win in Donegal

Let's hope the crowds start coming out now for them. Let's hope can keep the gap on the teams below us for a while longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Mushy wrote: »
    Let's hope the crowds start coming out now for them. Let's hope can keep the gap on the teams below us for a while longer.

This is extremely lazy as I live in Bray, but is there any difficulty paying cash at the turnstiles or do you need a ticket these days. Typical glory hunter here.

garra wrote: »
    This is extremely lazy as I live in Bray, but is there any difficulty paying cash at the turnstiles or do you need a ticket these days. Typical glory hunter here.

Pay at the gate is fine. They do have an online facility now, but the choice is yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lovely man and a great servant to bray. I remember as a kid doing the adidas summer soccer camps and wes being my coach for the week. Top banter all week with him

garra wrote: »

Come join the party and bring you friends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Genuinely are you guys worried that yous are signing players who were on wages not far under 4 figures last season? Greene being the player, I'd imagine McCabe was on a healthy enough wage at Rovers too.

7 months on...

yep

Genuinely are you guys worried that yous are signing players who were on wages not far under 4 figures last season? Greene being the player, I'd imagine McCabe was on a healthy enough wage at Rovers too.

7 months on...

I did say it'll turn to anger and despair. Firmly in the anger camp now, thought would at least get a season out of it.

Yeah we as fans will suffer although the glee of some other clubs fans is a bit sad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Yeah we as fans will suffer although the glee of some other clubs fans is a bit sad

I don't think anyone is taking glee in this. Just a whole lot of "I told you so".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Don`t think any LOI fans are gloating over whats happening , but it was bound to happen . As a Cork City fan I have seen this happen to us more than once.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

The number of LOI clubs that have gone wallop since I started following Dundalk is unreal. Off the top of my head, Cork Celtic, Cork Hibernians, Cork Alberts, Thurles, Kilkenny, Sporting Fingal, Dublin City, Monaghan Utd, Home Farm, Drumcondra, Kildare Town,and one Galway club. That's without googling, these were all clubs whose matches I attended.

And that's not counting Wexford or Waterford 'cause I don't really know the story there, if they are new clubs then the old one have gone bust.

And the near misses including Dundalk, Bohs, Rovers,Shels Drogs etc

None of us wants to see another club leaving the league, but the administration of some clubs and the LOI itself have a lot of questions to answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Be interesting to see what documentation was provided to the FAI, and how it was approved.

Everyone could see they were signing too many players whose wage demands would be too high for a club that gets bad attendances, very bad considering the size of the town they're in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

joeysoap wrote: »
    The number of LOI clubs that have gone wallop since I started following Dundalk is unreal. Off the top of my head, Cork Celtic, Cork Hibernians, Cork Alberts, Thurles, Kilkenny, Sporting Fingal, Dublin City, Monaghan Utd, Home Farm, Drumcondra, Kildare Town,and one Galway club. That's without googling, these were all clubs whose matches I attended.

And that's not counting Wexford or Waterford 'cause I don't really know the story there, if they are new clubs then the old one have gone bust.

And the near misses including Dundalk, Bohs, Rovers,Shels Drogs etc

None of us wants to see another club leaving the league, but the administration of some clubs and the LOI itself have a lot of questions to answer.

You forgot Derry City who also walked away from massive debts and came back as a 'new club'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I bet Christy Fagan is feeling pretty smug today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Bollocks. There is no glee. This hurts the whole league. It was very foreseeable and therefore avoidable, everyone who follows the league knew this was happening months ago and yet here we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Lyle Lanley nails it on the head below!

How Brays fanbase didn't realise the inevitable would happen is beyond me, everyone in the League knew it was going to happen - even Brian Kerr on Soccer Republic one week! My surprise is, they managed to sustain the budget this long!
    Bollocks. There is no glee. This hurts the whole league. It was very foreseeable and therefore avoidable, everyone who follows the league knew this was happening months ago and yet here we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

My surprise is, they managed to sustain the budget this long!

The independent have a decent article about Bray in today's paper (on mobile so no link handy). They point fingers at the FAI who sign off on each clubs budget at the start of the season. Surely they saw a problem with the inflated wages Bray were paying out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,325 ✭✭✭howiya

Notorious wrote: »
    The independent have a decent article about Bray in today's paper (on mobile so no link handy). They point fingers at the FAI who sign off on each clubs budget at the start of the season. Surely they saw a problem with the inflated wages Bray were paying out?

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/league-of-ireland/fai-should-have-seen-the-huge-mess-at-bray-wanderers-coming-35887569.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

In 2016, Bray's gate receipts totalled €94,000 while the overall senior team costs were €560,000. And they have increased their spending for this year.

Jesus Christ.

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    In 2016, Bray's gate receipts totalled €94,000 while the overall senior team costs were €560,000. And they have increased their spending for this year.

Jesus Christ.

Completely reckless. Another reason why o Connor should be banned for this sort of thing. Are the FAI accountable to anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,560 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Man sticks hand in fire, gets burnt.

I take no joy in what is happening now but I've no sympathy either. I mean it was inevitable. No way can Bray be allowed play in the Premier Division next season if it actually comes to pass and players aren't paid. Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,370 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It's true that the dominance of Dundalk and Cork, funded by successive European qualifications in this new era of bloated UEFA prize-money, has left the chasing pack with a dilemma.

Clubs in the lower half of the table know they must invest in their squad if they are to get near the all important European places.

This is going to be a major problem over the next few years if the FAI don't do something. The prize money outside the European spots is pathetic. Teams will always push the boat out a little bit hoping to reach the top 3/4. There will likely be a top 3 monopoly soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,254 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Bray had some serious accumulated debt even in 2013.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/struggle-continues-for-irish-soccer-clubs-both-on-and-off-the-pitch-1.2246118

If the FAI think nothing of hiding €5m, what message does that send out to clubs?

our soon to be senior team announced for next years under 15 league

http://www.sseairtricityleague.ie/news/24-teams-to-make-up-under-15-national-league/id-750

• Advertisement
Advertisement