Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit Listing - 365online

Options
  • 17-11-2016 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,  Can you tell me where in 365online I can see the list of direct debits on my account.

I can see a list of previous direct debit transactions - but that isn't the same as the list of active direct debits.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

bohercom wrote: »
    Hi,  Can you tell me where in 365online I can see the list of direct debits on my account.

I can see a list of previous direct debit transactions - but that isn't the same as the list of active direct debits.

Thanks.
    Good Afternoon bohercom, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, while you cannot see a listing of just direct debits on your account you can request an up to date statement and see all debits (and credits) for your account by clicking 'Statements' then 'View eStatements' and then 'View Options' and order an online statement. This will be completed and be available to you by the next day.

Thanks, 

Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bohercom

Thanks.
    Good Afternoon bohercom, 

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, while you cannot see a listing of just direct debits on your account you can request an up to date statement and see all debits (and credits) for your account by clicking 'Statements' then 'View eStatements' and then 'View Options' and order an online statement. This will be completed and be available to you by the next day.

Thanks, 

Evie 
    Hi Evie,

Yes - that gives me a list of all transactions on my account.

It doesn't show me active direct debits that might not have issued a debit recently.

How do I get the list of active direct debits ?  If direct debits have been set up against my account, surely there is a way to see them.

Thanks.

Any answer to this ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

As its the company that you have signed a DD form with that have the information how would the bank know?

Which leads me on to the sham that is the DD system, the bank never see your signature requesting the DD being set up they just pay any company that say you have set up a DD.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ainecaine

This is information used to be available on boi 365 before the sepa change over. It also is available on my PTSB online. So it would seem that it is just Boi that have made it unavailable any longer.

Taking functionality away from 365 is not a way to make it better, just saying.

The company sends the DD mandate to the bank so the bank do have this information.

• Advertisement

AIB online banking also has exactly this facility, so BOI must have the information.  It would seem they just choose not to make it available on B365.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Any answer to this ?
    Hi bohercom,

Thanks for your post here on Boards.ie.

As all direct debits are set up between yourself and the company we do not hold the original mandate. We can only show you direct debits that have actively left your account.
    You can as mentioned above view all direct debits and credits in and out of your account in the last 12 months.

If we can assist with anything else please let us know.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Proprietor

Hi.

Thing is:

And this is very important regarding some bank account holders, especially those with, even occasionally, low funds.

One may have lost track of particular looming direct debits, or even one.

And a particular direct debit may be annual, and also therefore for a larger sum.

And it might be that if it does come in unexpectedly, it may devastate the payer's financial position/status/life.

And it's fine saying, Well one should keep a record on one's financial obligations and dealings.

But sometimes these things go astray - Happens to everybody at some time or another.

So it would be really beneficial if an account holder could look up a list of active looming direct debits, online, at Bank of Ireland, just as they can at other financial institutions, at the drop of a hat.

Over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Proprietor wrote: »
    Hi.

Thing is:

And this is very important regarding some bank account holders, especially those with, even occasionally, low funds.

One may have lost track of particular looming direct debits, or even one.

And a particular direct debit may be annual, and also therefore for a larger sum.

And it might be that if it does come in unexpectedly, it may devastate the payer's financial position/status/life.

And it's fine saying, Well one should keep a record on one's financial obligations and dealings.

But sometimes these things go astray - Happens to everybody at some time or another.

So it would be really beneficial if an account holder could look up a list of active looming direct debits, online, at Bank of Ireland, just as they can at other financial institutions, at the drop of a hat.

Over!
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today. Please be advised that you can filter transactions on your account. To do this please log into your account through the website, select current account and advanced search, select automated debits and credits and here you can see all direct debits on your account. 

Please be assured that we do appreciate all feedback we receive from our customers and we will be sure to pass this onto our development team for feedback purposes. 

We hope this helps and you remain safe and well during this time.

Take care, thanks Jen

Advertisement