Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

Options
  • 17-11-2016 10:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭

Hi,

I cannot load the boards homepage or my forums page. I get the attached screen.

I have cleared all cookies, tried different browsers, done everything that googling the issue has told me to do, having no luck.

Also, I am attempting this through a work PC. The site works normally on my phone. I'm guessing it's something to do with our servers?

Any ideas?

1.JPG

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Hi Utah,

Some recommended steps include clearing your cache and browsing history as well as cookies. It's also advised to check your Extensions to make sure you recognise them all. If you do, try disabling them one by one and reloading boards - if it works when one of them is disabled, it's likely that this one is faulty and should be deleted.

Alternatively, could you try navigating boards in incognito mode and see if that makes a difference?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the reply.

I cleared all that.

I only have 2 extensions so tried disabling them. No luck.

I might try reinstall chrome and see does that work. Although I installed Firefox to try specifically, tried in incognito mode too, no joy.

No idea why this has happened - it worked yesterday!

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Mark
    Boards.ie Employee

Is it the responsive site or legacy site that you are using? Also, could you PM me the text that comes up when you visit the Diagnostics page, please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Sent

It's the legacy site that errors.
    The newer one seems to work fine when I do reset history, cache etc but when I switch to legacy it all goes downhill

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement