Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at sharavogue creche and walking to Glenageary dart

Options
  • 17-11-2016 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

moving out near sharavogue next year and will be moving our daughter to the creche there.

i have always walked to creche but when we move it may be easier to drive and park the car and take the dart from Glenageary.

What are the options for parking near sharavogue / glenageary dart station?

also i see there is path from sharavogue housing estate to the dart, is that for residents only or anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭redved

I often see cars parked outside sharavogue on the main road in a lay by kilcolman court. I wouldn't imagine the laneway is private either

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Cyrus wrote: »
    Hi all

moving out near sharavogue next year and will be moving our daughter to the creche there.

i have always walked to creche but when we move it may be easier to drive and park the car and take the dart from Glenageary.

What are the options for parking near sharavogue / glenageary dart station?

also i see there is path from sharavogue housing estate to the dart, is that for residents only or anyone?

Oooh Cyrus, be careful upsetting the denizens of Sharavogue. I have family who have lived there for 35 or more years, my late aunt was particularly scathing about the whole Montessori teaching method. The laneway is gated and is hit/miss as to whether the previous person passing it leaves it open or not for non residents.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Marcusm wrote: »
    Oooh Cyrus, be careful upsetting the denizens of Sharavogue. I have family who have lived there for 35 or more years, my late aunt was particularly scathing about the whole Montessori teaching method. The laneway is gated and is hit/miss as to whether the previous person passing it leaves it open or not for non residents.

i dont want to annoy the natives :pac:

ill skip the laneway and pick up a runaround in case anyone takes exception to me parking legally in the estate ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Cyrus wrote: »
    i dont want to annoy the natives :pac:

ill skip the laneway and pick up a runaround in case anyone takes exception to me parking legally in the estate ;)

It might not be illegal if the estate is in DLR's charge and my point about the laneway was that it will likely be hit and miss as opposed to avoid.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,059 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Marcusm wrote: »
    It might not be illegal if the estate is in DLR's charge and my point about the laneway was that it will likely be hit and miss as opposed to avoid.

sorry my post didnt make much sense,

i understood your point on the lane, i said id avoid it as if its locked itll probably cost me 5 min to walk back round!

im sure the estate is fine to park in, but you know how people get about that kind of thing :P

• Advertisement
Advertisement