Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American iphone

Options
  • 17-11-2016 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭

I have a friend going to the states next week and they said they will get me a iphone over there ...my question is will i have any issues using it over here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

No, once the phone is unlocked. If there is a warranty problem then you will have an issue.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I have a friend going to the states next week and they said they will get me a iphone over there ...my question is will i have any issues using it over here

Tell your friend to make sure to tell the staff that you want the factory unlocked version for use outside of America. There used to be a difference, GSM and CDMA models so not sure if that still exists.

I bought 2 6's there without hassle.
    Warranty claim had to be handl d in person in Store so that meant a trip to Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,457 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

kceire wrote: »
    Tell your friend to make sure to tell the staff that you want the factory unlocked version for use outside of America.

+1 they're called 'SIM-free' on the Apple US website so that's what the staff will understand.

“SIM-free” means your iPhone doesn’t ship with a carrier SIM card. The SIM-free iPhone sold on apple.com and at the Apple Store is unlocked. That means you’re free to use a SIM card from any carrier that provides service for iPhone.

kceire wrote: »
    There used to be a difference, GSM and CDMA models so not sure if that still exists.

Won't be an issue when buying sim-free.

Advertisement