Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ashfield, Letterkenny

• 17-11-2016 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi
    My daughter is considering moving to rented accommodation in Ashfield estate, Letterkenny. Is it an okay place to live or not?
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

lipso wrote: »
    Hi
    My daughter is considering moving to rented accommodation in Ashfield estate, Letterkenny. Is it an okay place to live or not?
    thanks

Cant fault it. Really quiet estate. A lot of residents work in United Health, Pramerica or the hospital.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I can second that, I know quite a few people who live there (permanent residents)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Leopardprint

I know this is an old thread but looking to buy here and wonder would it still be recommended?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

I have family members who live there. I have stayed there. There's never been any trouble. Very quiet.

You might want to watch out for flooding when the heavy rains come.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Leopardprint

Sheridan81 wrote: »
    I have family members who live there. I have stayed there. There's never been any trouble. Very quiet.

You might want to watch out for flooding when the heavy rains come.

Thanks so much for the reply :) oh is it cos some of the houses are at the end of a slope?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Yeah, it's to do with the sloping of some areas. It can be problematic. You should be wary about that when buying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

I'm not sure if flooding is the right way to phrase things. The last big fall of rain washed some stones from gardens and the drains backed up at the bit of road at the entrance for a couple of hours but there definitely isn't flooding here and I've lived here for going on 5 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I wouldn't let the remote chance of torrential rain causing a few problems be a factor in deciding where to live.

Its still a quiet location with very few problems or issues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭SBourgaize

I wouldn't let the remote chance of torrential rain causing a few problems be a factor in deciding where to live.

You'd want to avoid the entire country if that was the case :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭henke

Good area to live in but if your buying definitely invest in a good surveyors report. Have seen a few gables in particular in the estate replastered in the last few years so just do all homework on that front.

• Advertisement
Advertisement