Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre Availability in Finnstown area of Lucan - cabinets LCN1_007 & LCN1_017 live

• 17-11-2016 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi

can anyone tell me when eFibre speeds wil be available in the Finnstown area of lucan.

checking the maps at http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ the cabinets seem to be eFibre enabled eg cabinets  LCN1_007 & LCN1_017

It has been this way for a few months ? but if i check my specific address at

https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/

it says a max speed of 5MB

this is pretty appaling speeding for such a densely populated area?

can anyone shed any light . I am about 350metres from one of the cabinets

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Edups

hadit2here wrote: »
    Hi

can anyone tell me when eFibre speeds wil be available in the Finnstown area of lucan.

checking the maps at http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ the cabinets seem to be eFibre enabled eg cabinets  LCN1_007 & LCN1_017

It has been this way for a few months ? but if i check my specific address at

https://www.eir.ie/broadband/coverage-map/

it says a max speed of 5MB

this is pretty appaling speeding for such a densely populated area?

can anyone shed any light . I am about 350metres from one of the cabinets

thanks

You're not wired to the cabinet. That's apparent your speed. 5mb even on a DSL cab if you're 350m away is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭hadit2here

RE "You're not wired to the cabinet"

I was guessing that, but can eircom tell me if/when will i(well the actual estate) be connected to the cabinet ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

I was guessing that, but can eircom tell me if/when will i(well the actual estate)  be connected to the cabinet ?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]hadit2here,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you’re an eir customer I can check this for you.:D [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

I was guessing that, but can eircom tell me if/when will i(well the actual estate)  be connected to the cabinet ?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]hadit2here,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]If you’re an eir customer I can check this for you.:D [/font]

Thanks Pamela

I am not an Eir customer but might switch if I knew when this was going to happen.... can you not check generally.... ie by using any address in the Finnstown area?
    I would have thought that there would be a plan/schedule somewhere of when different houses would be switched from the Lucan exchange to these new eFibre cabinets?

thanks

Thanks Pamela

I am not an Eir customer but might switch if I knew when this was going to happen.... can you not check generally.... ie by using any address in the Finnstown area?
    I would have thought that there would be a plan/schedule somewhere of when different houses would be switched from the Lucan exchange to these new eFibre cabinets?

thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delay in getting back to you [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]hadit2here.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can check the area for efibre deployment however as each line is individual the deployment information will not be guaranteed I'm afraid.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your exact address or telephone number & I will take a look into this.[/font]

• Advertisement

Thanks Pamela

thanks
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delay in getting back to you [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]hadit2here.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I can check the area for efibre deployment however as each line is individual the deployment information will not be guaranteed I'm afraid.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your exact address or telephone number & I will take a look into this.[/font]

Thanks Pamela, PM sent

Thanks Pamela

thanks

Thanks Pamela, PM sent
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]hadit2here,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'll be back to you soon.[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Plane Mad

Hi I am the same looking for fibre and the cabinets are live but yet my line is only saying 5mbps download. Can any in eir help.
    Many thanks

Plane Mad wrote: »
    Hi I am the same looking for fibre and the cabinets are live but yet my line is only saying 5mbps download. Can any in eir help.
    Many thanks
     [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Plane Mad,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. Are you an eir customer?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font]

Hi Pamela , no unfortunately not a customer but I am looking for me new broadband supplier.

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela , no unfortunately not a customer but I am looking for me new broadband supplier.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me address & phone number & I'll check what speeds you can avail of [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Plane Mad.[/font]

Hi Pamela PM sent

Hi Pamela PM sent

Hi Pamela PM sent
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Plane Mad,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'll be back to you shortly.[/font]

Hi

just wondering if there would be any update to the rollout of eFibre in Finnstown Abbey area of Lucan ?

The check the address still says only 5MB.

I am currently not an eircom customer, and dont have a fixed line number

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Hi

just wondering if there would be any update to the rollout of eFibre in Finnstown Abbey area of Lucan ?

thanks
    Hi hadit2here ,

Unfortunately, There is no update as of yet.

We’d obviously like to reach each every home with our fibre rollout but the cost of rolling out fibre infrastructure is very high. According to the CSO there are approximately 3,500 people per square kilometre in Dublin, and approximately 26 people per square kilometre in rural Ireland. So while the cost of rolling out a kilometre of fibre in rural Ireland is higher than in urban Ireland, the density of potential customers is significantly lower. Notwithstanding that we are investing hundreds of millions of euro of our own resources to reach as many places as we can, and doing far more than any other operator in Ireland to close the digital divide.

Thanks

Thomas

Hi

thanks
    Hi hadit2here ,

We’d obviously like to reach each every home with our fibre rollout but the cost of rolling out fibre infrastructure is very high. According to the CSO there are approximately 3,500 people per square kilometre in Dublin, and approximately 26 people per square kilometre in rural Ireland. So while the cost of rolling out a kilometre of fibre in rural Ireland is higher than in urban Ireland, the density of potential customers is significantly lower. Notwithstanding that we are investing hundreds of millions of euro of our own resources to reach as many places as we can, and doing far more than any other operator in Ireland to close the digital divide.

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi
    Just wondering if there is any news on this ie Finnstown Abbey .... do you have access to any more info than we do ?
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi

thanks
    Hi hadit2here ,

Thanks

Thomas
    Hi
    Just wondering if there is any news on this ie Finnstown Abbey .... do you have access to any more info than we do ?
    thanks
    Hi there

Unfortunately this is still the same since the last time we posted. Sorry I couldn't give you better news

-Kyle

Hi,

Would someone be able to check for an update ?

Availability checker says "Speeds of up to 5Mb are available at your home"
    Which is really bad

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

Hi,

Would someone be able to check for an update ?

Availability checker says "Speeds of up to 5Mb are available at your home"
    Which is really bad

Thanks
    Hi hadithere, 

You can find details of what broadband services are available in this link

This link will be able advise of the best plan in your area. 

Grainne

• Advertisement
Advertisement