Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airlines group bookings

Options
  • 17-11-2016 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi All,

I hope this question is in the right area, mods feel free to move.

I was looking to purchase 15 flights to Europe for a group of us going away.

However I notice that Ryanair will only give a group quote for 20 tickets or more.

Is there any point contacting Ryanair directly to get a quote for 15 people? or is a travel agent a better place to do a group booking ?

I'm off to check other carrier minimums for group booking, any advice appreciated.

Cheers,
    SysProg
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

Is there any point contacting Ryanair directly to get a quote for 15 people? or is a travel agent a better place to do a group booking ?
    Sure what you got to loose by contacting FR, or any of the airlines for that matter?

Also the Travel Forum http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=37 might be able to offer further insights as there number of travel trade experts who regularly contribute there.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sysprogrammer

Thanks Pat,
    I contacted livechat with Ryanair and they have strict minimums ( don't we all ! )

I'll keep trying , but only 3 or 4 carriers service the destination I'd like.

Cheers,
    Sysprog

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭sysprogrammer

Travel Agents Ted. that seems to be the place. Thanks anyway everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Travel Agents Ted. that seems to be the place. Thanks anyway everyone

If you do end up booking direct on EI or FR, try a few amounts first rather than the 15. For example there might be 9 seats at 39.99 and the next 21 seats are at 59.99. If you try and book 15 it will default them all into 59.99 so if you book in 9 and 6, you will get 9 at the cheaper price.

It may just be one seat at the lower price in which case I wouldn't bother.

Advertisement