Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We need a "Rereg Troll" button

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

You wouldn't believe the number of people, at least on forums I've moderated, who'll report a post for trolling and then reply to it.

If you think they're a troll, why on earth are you giving them what they want and engaging with them?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    You've appealed it and it was upheld. Move on.

No, man. Never happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

No, man. Never happened.

Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

On an admin note: to Second_Toughest_in_the_freshers

No more posting then deleting your own post so "those that need to see it will see it". This is feedback, post feedback or don't post. if you have something to say to an admin, then contact an admin. That's 5 deleted posts in this thread alone. Any more and I will finally get the hint that you do not feel the need to have normal access to feedback at all.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

trout wrote: »
    Really?

Yeah man, really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

Yeah man, really.

OK. You are now banned from Feedback. Permanent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

I wish people would not engage. A person has started three threads in the last couple of days on inflammatory topics, all focusing on how the Irish are inferior, and people are flocking in their droves to take the bait. Why are they giving the thread-starter exactly what they want? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Flimpson wrote: »
    I wish people would not engage. A person has started three threads in the last couple of days on inflammatory topics, all focusing on how the Irish are inferior, and people are flocking in their droves to take the bait. Why are they giving the thread-starter exactly what they want? :confused:

Some people just can't help themselves. They report the troll... perfect. Then they engage and give the troll exactly what they want! Some people don't even seem to realise they do it...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Couldn't it be implemented similarly to the Sig report option which allows only the person who made the report to view a thread on it? Avoids any witch hunts, and also has the added bonus of taking it out of the hands of local mods/C-mods as in my experience the tools seem incapable of spotting even blatant re-regs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Couldn't it be implemented similarly to the Sig report option which allows the person who made the report to view a thread on it? Avoids any witch hunts, and also has the added bonus of taking it out of the hands of local mods/C-mods as in my experience the tools seem incapable of spotting even blatant re-regs.

What would seeing your report achieve? For the most part nothing happens in them. No response from mods, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Couldn't it be implemented similarly to the Sig report option which allows only the person who made the report to view a thread on it? Avoids any witch hunts, and also has the added bonus of taking it out of the hands of local mods/C-mods as in my experience the tools seem incapable of spotting even blatant re-regs.

You don't know how the system works. Often mods and C-mods know who the re-regs are and post to the admins about it. The admins are the ones who have to be sure. Often mods would be pretty certain it is a re-reg but unless the Admins are sure they can't be site banned.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

Some people just can't help themselves. They report the troll... perfect. Then they engage and give the troll exactly what they want! Some people don't even seem to realise they do it...

Ironic. Really.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

Down with this sort of thing!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Avoids any witch hunts, and also has the added bonus of taking it out of the hands of local mods/C-mods as in my experience the tools seem incapable of spotting even blatant re-regs.

And oddly enough in my experience the mods and CMods have to endure an awful lot of tools around here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Goya

Another person now whose initials spell troll (well nearly) having a great laugh for themselves I'd say, at the way people are taking their bait on the thread about affairs.

Advertisement