Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue tracking system recommendations

Options
  • 17-11-2016 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭

Can't work out what subforum this is best suited to so sticking it here, please move if appropriate.

I'm looking for an issue tracking system, primarily for tracking failures in overnight batch jobs. So I'm not particularly worried at the moment about real-time reporting, more something that allows a rule-based system to e.g. ignore some errors, prioritise others, and send e-mail notifications the next morning to appropriate addresses. Ideally some kind of reporting/analysis over time to help identify any patterns such as e.g. a particular failure happening more often at a given time of the month.

Other requirements:
    - Need to be able to log issues through a web service. Will possibly be logging issues from a number of platforms.
    - Preferably something either open source or at least with a free trial to get a proof of concept working.
    - Needs to be running on the local network rather than cloud based.
    - Using JIRA for project tracking at the moment, so that might do, but not sure it's a good fit. Although haven't been using it that long, so I stand ot be corrected.

Nothing massively complicated, and I could probably put something together reasonably quickly to at least do the basics, but there's no point reinventing the wheel and I'm sure there's dozens of systems that will do the job.
    I just can't seem to find the right search terms, keep getting stuff more geared towards bug tracking or customer service ticketing.
    So suggestions would be welcome, thanks.

Comments

Advertisement