Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[New app, testers needed] Darto - Rail Commute for Dubs

Options
  • 17-11-2016 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

App Name: Darto - Rail Commute for Dubs
    One line summary: DART arrivals app with reminders
    Min. OS version required: 10.0
    Price: TBD
    Available from: App Store
    Detailed description:
    Hi. Darto is a smart DART arrivals app with reminders.
    It has really clean UI and smart engine behind it.

- Set an alarm for your train and Darto will notify you before it arrives
    - When you open Darto it can display your nearest station automatically, (we won’t use your location in the background.)
    - Set your preferred morning and afternoon stations and Darto will display the right one when you open the app (if you’re not too far away)

Testers needed
    Darto is in development right now but we're close to the finish line. I'm looking for people who'd like to test if and give me their honest feedback. When app is published I'll send promo codes to all testers who gave me some feedback.
    Testers must have a device with iOS 10 and use DART on a regular basis.

KNOWN Issues:
    - Alarms are not implemented, so alarm buttons does nothing right now
    - The app currently supports only DART stations. It does show Commuter and Intercity trains and all their stops but you can't get arrival times for Drogheda etc..
    - Icon and Splash screen are temporary (will be redesigned, current were drawn by myself :))
    - Onboarding (help) screens to be added
    - iPhone 5 UI isn't tested yet. I expect some problems with it right now.

You can sign up for beta HERE

Some screenshots:
    3f2aa5c6eb55e6603c853a368811f037.png66c0c8c329cf10b547b1d93b11156664.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Android soon??

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭OgreSwamp

Unlikely. Only if iOS app sales will cover app development costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just signed up and installed.

App looks nice and the way to select stations and routes is nice.

Just fearful that you will make your money back as I don't know if it offers enough features that people would be willing to pay for when there are free apps available.

Does it give you an alarm about delays?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭OgreSwamp

Thanks for signing in! As I mentioned that's a beta, so not all 1.0 features are there yet.

Regarding delays and alarms:
    1. It will show current delay (optionally, will have a setting for that)
    2. When you set alarm and delay is changed - alarm will be adjusted silently. If delay will be more than 5 mins - you'll get a message through push notifications too. If train is going to come earlier (yes, that' happens apparently!) - app will show push notification too. Even if it comes 1 minute earlier.

There are free and paid apps. I used 3 paid ones through the years as I prefer to pay 1-3euro and have nice looking app. I know majority people don't pay for UX. But majority of people don't pay for extra features either. Free app is always more popular than its paid "competitor".

Additionally to the accurate UI Darto will offer alarms which don't exist on other apps and "smart" way of displaying default station (AM/PM or nearest).

And I'm not too afraid not to make money on it anyways.

Advertisement