Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary vs Secondary

Options
  • 17-11-2016 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all,

Can anyone give me an insight into the job market for Primary teachers?

I'm a secondary English teacher and had originally planned on doing Primary teaching fado fado. Unfortunately work has now dried up.

I can't help but think if I was a Primary teacher, I would have a lot more opportunities because the limiting nature of my subject.

Appreciate any information or experiences.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Redser87

Hi all,

Can anyone give me an insight into the job market for Primary teachers?

I'm a secondary English teacher and had originally planned on doing Primary teaching fado fado. Unfortunately work has now dried up.

I can't help but think if I was a Primary teacher, I would have a lot more opportunities because the limiting nature of my subject.

Appreciate any information or experiences.

Before you would even get near the jobs market you would have to do at least the two-year PME. There is probably more chance of daily subbing in primary, in Dublin anyway, but the main issue faced by NQTs is getting the 50 or 100 consecutive days required in a mainstream class in order to get their Dip.

Advertisement