If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for best 60" TV

Options
  • 17-11-2016 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,

I was looking to get a 60" Tv for viewing 8 feet away in my living room. Unfortunately 65" will not fit in our space and 55 would probably be too small.

Do you guys stock the 60" version of the KS8000? The KS7000 looks great, but unfortunately the wide legs would not fit on my current stand, unless there is an alternative to wall mounting the KS7000?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

GregB99 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was looking to get a 60" Tv for viewing 8 feet away in my living room. Unfortunately 65" will not fit in our space and 55 would probably be too small.

Do you guys stock the 60" version of the KS8000? The KS7000 looks great, but unfortunately the wide legs would not fit on my current stand, unless there is an alternative to wall mounting the KS7000?
    Hi GregB99

Unfortunately the 60" version of the KS800 is not one that we stock.

I have to say the 7000 series are fantastic screens with a fantastic image.
    There really is no other option other than a wall mount or purchase a new stand/unit ;)

Even the 58DX802 would not fit as its feet are also based towards the endand have its speaker along the bottom between the feet.
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202064-viera-tx58dx802b.aspx

LG offer up the 60UH661 priced at £1379.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201973-60uh770v.aspx

There really are few 60" screen available to us or manufactured.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GregB99

Thank you for the response. That's a shame. What would your most affordable stand/ bracket that you supply which I could use on the KS7000? The tv would be placed in the corner of the room.

And out of curiosity do you notice any difference in picture quality between the KS7000 vs the 55/65 inch KS8000? I have an audio setup already and they would be a possible other buy, if I'm also correct in saying that they could stand on a smaller stand.

Thank you for the response. That's a shame. What would your most affordable stand/ bracket that you supply which I could use on the KS7000? The tv would be placed in the corner of the room.

And out of curiosity do you notice any difference in picture quality between the KS7000 vs the 55/65 inch KS8000? I have an audio setup already and they would be a possible other buy, if I'm also correct in saying that they could stand on a smaller stand.
    Hi GregB99.

There are small differences between the 7000 and 8000 range.
    Picture wise very very similar. the response rate is slightly higher on the 8000 range and the 8000 has a twin tuner.

8000 does come with a different stand that would allow it to sit on a smaller type of rack. Also has a £549.00 difference.
    55KS7000 - £999.00
    55KS8000 - £1549.00

For a different stand there are a good few listed on our site:
    http://www.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/accessories/tv-stands

Have a look and see if any catch your eye.
    Think it would require one that is 1200mm in length.

Any questions let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GregB99

Perfect, I'll think about it the next few days but will definitely head up soon to get them. 

Can may I ask for some further guidance? I purchased a Denon-ARV-1911 about 6 years ago from you guys. 

I hope to not have to replace this so but my proposed setup is to use the Samsung TV for Netflix on the built in app, and Sky Q for all other viewing, including their UHD channels. I know this receiver does not support UHD, but will I be able to have a workaround so that the the Denon still processes the audio in HD to my 5.1 surround sound, but then have the TV process the video so that it can run HDR and 4K?

Perfect, I'll think about it the next few days but will definitely head up soon to get them. 

Can may I ask for some further guidance? I purchased a Denon-ARV-1911 about 6 years ago from you guys. 

I hope to not have to replace this so but my proposed setup is to use the Samsung TV for Netflix on the built in app, and Sky Q for all other viewing, including their UHD channels. I know this receiver does not support UHD, but will I be able to have a workaround so that the the Denon still processes the audio in HD to my 5.1 surround sound, but then have the TV process the video so that it can run HDR and 4K?
    Hey GreggB99.

Dropped you a little PM :)

If it for 4K then i think you may require a new amp as Sky Q only operate via HDMI and there is no way to make the HDMI on the 1911 support 4K unfortunately.

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.