Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IKEA Christmas Tree Deal 2016 buy €30 tree get €20 voucher

• 17-11-2016 4:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭

IKEA's Christmas tree deal is back from next Wednesday the 23rd in their Dublin Ballymun store. Buy a real tree for €30 get €20 voucher for use in January.
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/ikea/offers-events-terms-conditions/

Deal runs until the 23rd of December but they will probably run out of tree's well before that.
    Buy a Christmas tree from IKEA for €30 between between 23rd November 2016 and 23rd December 2016 and receive a €20 coupon, which can be redeemed in a participating IKEA store between 16th January 2017 and 12th February 2017.
    This offer is open to residents of the ROI, aged over 18.

This offer is valid when you buy an ABIES NORDMANNIANA Christmas tree [Article number: 80228363] for €30 in a single transaction. Upon purchase of the Christmas tree you will then receive a €20 coupon to spend in the IKEA Dublin store.

This offer is valid within the IKEA Dublin Ballymun store.
    The €20 coupon will only be issued when you buy a Christmas tree for the full selling price of €30. This offer is valid on purchases made between 23rd November 2016 and 23rd December 2016.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

IKEA's Christmas tree deal is back from next Wednesday the 23rd in their Dublin Ballymun store. Buy a real tree for €30 get €20 voucher for use in January.
    http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/ikea/offers-events-terms-conditions/

Deal runs until the 23rd of December but they will probably run out of tree's well before that.
    What are the IKEA Christmas trees like?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Delboy5

Flat packed with instructions......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

They are not the tallest trees around the 5 1/2ft mark but good value at €25.
    We got two last year in early December and they were fine. The expected shedding from a real tree will occur.
    Don't know how well they would hold up if bought on the 23rd of November and had to stay in a heated house for over a month and half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

You get a tiny allen key, and have to attach the pine needles yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

Seed, pot, mud, 11 pages of instructions. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Got one last year and it was lovely but of course I lost the voucher so the tree cost me exactly 25 quid.

Still. Most other places want 60 quid + for a tree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭yannakis

On a serious note, did they run out of trees quickly last year? I like their offer, but kind of hesitate to get a tree before even December steps in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I believe they get multiple deliveries in the run up to Christmas. This pic is from December 13th last year, I don't think they got more in after that. The December 23rd date mentioned in the OP might be overly optimistic as they seem to be popular at the price.

6bWCuCd.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Got one two years ago there and it was brown and bare come the 23rd of December, even though it was watered. These are not Irish trees so have been cut some time ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭CFC007

How much are they charging for a stand or where would be the best place to pick one up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,938 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Got one two years ago there and it was brown and bare come the 23rd of December, even though it was watered. These are not Irish trees so have been cut some time ago.

Mine survived the month as well as any "local" tree I've ever had. Used a bucket full of stones and water to stand it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

CFC007 wrote: »
    How much are they charging for a stand or where would be the best place to pick one up?
    They have a tree stand for €19.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I bought these trees for a number of years in a row, not last year as I was moving

One thing to note about them, there is no real smell off them. If you are going with a real tree you do expect that Christmas tree smell in the room but with the IKEA ones there is no smell.....

Still you might see me queueing getting closer to Christmas as they are convenient

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭uli84

They are not the tallest trees around the 5 1/2ft mark but good value at 25.
    They are 30 euro this year :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

are they selling them currently?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    are they selling them currently?

Yep they had plenty yesterday lunchtime. There were a good few people picking them up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 michaeljmorgan

Got a tree in Jones garden centre last year - didn't smell either like years ago. I heard this is normal nowadays.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement