Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspicious e-mail regarding bank account activity

Options
  • 17-11-2016 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hi there,

I just got a very suspicious e-mail claiming there was unusual activity in my bank account. I've attached a screenshot of the mail. I'm very certain it's fake and wouldn't touch the links in the mail with someone else's barge-pole. But it's of a much better standard of phishing than i am used to seeing.

Let me know if you want me to forward on the mail itself to anyone at BoI.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

I'm sorry of robbing your thread but can't post new thread from mobile (feel free to move it Mods):

I have closed my account with Bank of Ireland not a long ago. I thought I had the statements for this year but I don't. I've no access to 365online anymore.
    I'd be grateful if you could tell me how to get my statements from this account. Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Redundo wrote: »
    Hi there,

I just got a very suspicious e-mail claiming there was unusual activity in my bank account. I've attached a screenshot of the mail. I'm very certain it's fake and wouldn't touch the links in the mail with someone else's barge-pole. But it's of a much better standard of phishing than i am used to seeing.

Let me know if you want me to forward on the mail itself to anyone at BoI.
    Good Afternoon Redundo, 

Thanks for contacting Boards.ie this is indeed a phising email and not sent by BOI, if you could please forward this to 365security@boi.com we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, 

Evie 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

padyjoe wrote: »
    I'm sorry of robbing your thread but can't post new thread from mobile (feel free to move it Mods):

I have closed my account with Bank of Ireland not a long ago. I thought I had the statements for this year but I don't. I've no access to 365online anymore.
    I'd be grateful if you could tell me how to get my statements from this account. Thank you!
    Good Afternoon,

Thanks for getting in touch, as you don't have access to your online account anymore you can call BOI Direct on 0818365365 and they will prepare these statements for you. These will then be delivered to a branch for you to collect. They will go through any fees or charges applicable with you on the phone and let you know when they will be ready for you to collect. 

Thanks, 

Evie 

Advertisement