Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Rule

• 17-11-2016 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

I wanted to get a mortgage of 70k on a property that I own outright and is currently rented out,. The purpose of the loan is to clear a credit union home improvement loan (25k) and pay back a family member (45k) which was used to help purchase the house. Loan to value is less than 50%, I have no other loans.
    l approached my bank and they said my finances were fine and I could easy make the payments .
    The problem is they said because of central bank rules they won't lend me money to pay a debt that was not issued by a proper lender, they will lend me the 25k as that was from the credit union but not the 45k to repay the family member,
    Seems like a crazy rule as I can easy afford the payments and have a good credit rating.
    Do I have any other options here other than sell the property?

Advertisement