Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

16 Days into Contract, Half download speeds frm last week

Options
  • 17-11-2016 7:27pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As above, abysmal speeds. 2 days ago at peak, 80-90mb no problem. Right now under 40mb and unable to stream 1080p on Twitch.

Really disappointed in this guys. 2 days after cooling period feels like some kind of sick joke.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimllfixit

As above, abysmal speeds. 2 days ago at peak, 80-90mb no problem. Right now under 40mb and unable to stream 1080p on Twitch.

Really disappointed in this guys. 2 days after cooling period feels like some kind of sick joke.
    Hi Cherryghost,

I had to twitch a smile, (a) because it's my birthday, and (b) because the other day my broadband dropped from its normal 0.8Mbps (really) to 0.02 Mbps (honestly), something it does regularly, and EIR can't fix it.

The sad thing is that my broadband bundle costs me the same as yours for 80/0.8= exactly 100 times slower speeds, which makes me twitch.

The good thing is that, living in the depths of the countryside, I am more likely to get asphyxiated by cow farts than being run over by a tram.

Enjoy the day!

Jim

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I have lived in the countryside and had similar speeds with Eir back in the day but living in the city it's beyond acceptable. I noted my speeds dropped below 10mbit at times which caused the rebuferring in twitch.

I live 50m from the cabinet that has two fibre FTTC points so crying over your own speed issues is none of my concern. I'm just frothy at the fact that 2 days after cooling down period, for the 2 weeks I had the line installed I've had full speeds at peak without issue, that only now am I seeing these drops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

[font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]cherryghost,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband. I would recommend contacting the technical team & troubleshooting the issues you are experiencing. You can contact them on 1890260260 or Freephone 1901 option 2. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimllfixit

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]cherryghost,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your broadband. I would recommend contacting the technical team & troubleshooting the issues you are experiencing. You can contact them on 1890260260 or Freephone 1901 option 2. [/font]

Go for it Pamela!

and when you've fixed this problem, be like Santa and roll out fibre to the rest of us!

Before Christmas?

No!

(I was only joking)

PS I've a PhD in cynicsm

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Pamela,

As much as I would love to get this resolved, I was never given a house phone number to enter to get to support. I therefore cannot contact them. To make matters even worse the only workaround is to ring sales support which is closed on weekends.

Of course all of this doesnt matter as I've completely lost my DSL connection on the modem this evening. Quite frankly I expect more of your online support to help resolve issues and not resorting to a phone support that I cannot even engage in due to the incompetence of your sales team not giving me a phone number for the house.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Pamela,

As much as I would love to get this resolved, I was never given a house phone number to enter to get to support. I therefore cannot contact them. To make matters even worse the only workaround is to ring sales support which is closed on weekends.

Of course all of this doesnt matter as I've completely lost my DSL connection on the modem this evening. Quite frankly I expect more of your online support to help resolve issues and not resorting to a phone support that I cannot even engage in due to the incompetence of your sales team not giving me a phone number for the house.

Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Have you received any bills [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]cherryghost?[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]This number will be listed at the top of your bill. You can also chat with a member of our technical team here[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font]

Advertisement