Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying fore postage from the States

Options
  • 17-11-2016 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hello,

I have a package that I need posted from California to Ireland. I am in Ireland so can't post it myself. The person doing the posting in America won't pay for postage.

I am trying to create and pay for postage documents on the USPS website, but the site will not accept my Irish credit card or my Irish paypal. How am I meant to pay for postage for the item? Any ideas please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hello,

I have a package that I need posted from California to Ireland. I am in Ireland so can't post it myself. The person doing the posting in America won't pay for postage.

I am trying to create and pay for postage documents on the USPS website, but the site will not accept my Irish credit card or my Irish paypal. How am I meant to pay for postage for the item? Any ideas please let me know.

Have a look at website like parceldirect.ie, interparcel.com or similar that act as broker for couriers.

Another option is using a service like MyUS (Similar to parcel Motel, Wizard) if seller will post to the US, they will ship to a US address who will forward to you in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bad Chemicals

Thanks nava,

I've been trying to navigate getting the parcel collected by UPS (which is prohibitively expensive - it's a very small package). I really don't think the customs forms are filled out correctly either. Anyway, it's not a seller, I left something behind in a motel when on holidays and I want it returned. The motel are already being very accommodating in posting it back to me, I can't ask them to do more.

Is it possible to set up a US paypal account that would be accepted by USPS does anyone know? Or would I need an American address to do that.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Can you send the person some funds by Paypal to cover the postage cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Bad Chemicals

Hey Spocker,

I've asked them that, I'll see what they say. Thanks.

Advertisement