Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Redmi 3S - No Mobile Data

• 18-11-2016 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

Hi

I bought a Redmi 3S a week or two ago.

I only noticed yesterday that mobile data wasn't working (the phone isn't mine). I am not sure if it was working at the start as I set it up on Wifi but I think it was. It was only yesterday that my wife told me she only gets WhatsApps at home (when shes connected to Wifi)

I know when she got it first, she was getting a warning or something about Data Roaming but that deosn't come up any more.

I have fiddled around with it and I can't find out what is wrong. There are some reported issues with Mobile data on Xiaomi phones but I haven't found a solution.

Anyone had a similar issue with any Xiaomi phones that they were abe to solve ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Patrick Derrymore

BnB wrote: »
    Hi

I bought a Redmi 3S a week or two ago.

I only noticed yesterday that mobile data wasn't working (the phone isn't mine). I am not sure if it was working at the start as I set it up on Wifi but I think it was. It was only yesterday that my wife told me she only gets WhatsApps at home (when shes connected to Wifi)

I know when she got it first, she was getting a warning or something about Data Roaming but that deosn't come up any more.

I have fiddled around with it and I can't find out what is wrong. There are some reported issues with Mobile data on Xiaomi phones but I haven't found a solution.

Anyone had a similar issue with any Xiaomi phones that they were abe to solve ?

I reckon you have vendor rom same here my data stopped after two months though and I have scheduled to do flash to global rom version 8 in next day or two will report back to you how it works after flashing rom to version 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

MUI and its derivatives have a stupidly low data cap that blocks apps from using cellular data. You can turn it off in device manager/phone manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Patrick Derrymore

I'm still teasing a solution have flashed from version 7 vendor rom to version 8.0.3.0 miui and noticed maybe sim problem it's like it doesn't like registering sim on 3 network.I have business sim only unlimited data it was working fine for two months I suspect I'll need to change settings for sim1 on my redmi 3S apn settings etc will report back miui 8 looks nice better features for camera ,second space,developer options etc next thing plan to do is root redmi 3S have already been be granted root access with my MI account happy days .

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

What network are you with? Make sure you have data roaming enabled on Tesco, iD Mobile, Lyca etc, as they "roam" onto three's networks. Also check that you have an apn set up, and that mobile data is active in the network settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

MarkR wrote: »
    What network are you with? Make sure you have data roaming enabled on Tesco, iD Mobile, Lyca etc, as they "roam" onto three's networks. Also check that you have an apn set up, and that mobile data is active in the network settings.

Data roaming fixed it for me on a previous phone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Elipeli

I purchased Redmi 3S via Gearbest recently. It has adds popping up all the time even after factory reset. I am with Virgin Media and had issues with Mobile Data also. It is 4G enabled but will not let me use the 4G network. If you search for network manually in the Sim settings that worked for me to receive mobile data. I still have problems with the phone. Vodafone users can not get through to me and sometimes it will not send any SMS. Not sure if it is the network or the phone. Vodafone sales person told me that network providers are trying to block Chinese phones. I like the phone, works Apps really well, great with What's app while on Wifi but Mobile Data only works now and then. I was wondering should I switch to Three, they have Xiaomi settings on their website but not for the Redmi 3S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭MENACE2010

Hi
    double check under your data settings that you have the correct APN settings !!
    Go find access point names ( settings --> more --> cellular network settings --> access point names)

Click on menu and select new APN ( enter the below ) and restart phone after wards

not all fields are used , I have only noted the used fields

APN : live.vodafone.com

select MCC
    key in : 272 and press ok

Press MNC.

Key in 01

Select authentication type

Press Authentication type.

Press PAP.

APN type
    key in default,supl

all done , hit menu and save , restart phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 116 ✭✭MENACE2010

For Virgin media ..

· Android Manual Data Configuration:
    o Go to Apps > Settings> More Networks> Mobile Data ticked > Access Point Name > Menu Key > New APN
    o In the Name field type: Virgin Media Ireland
    o In the APN Field type the word: internet
    o Please power your phone off and turn back on again
    o You should now be able to use data
    o If you are still unable to use data please go to our device guides, choose your phone make and model and click on Internet (APN) > Set up Internet on your phone
    o If your phone is not listed please refer to your phone manual

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Elipeli

Hi Menace2010

Thank you so much. The Vodafone mobile data is working now. I had all the settings you describe except for: Authentication type, press PAP.

Advertisement