Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer/solicitor fees!

Options
  • 18-11-2016 2:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi just at planning stage of a self build! I am being gifted a site from my parents which is less than an acre and just wondering what's fees I should expect from an engineer to mark out the site and for a solicitor to transfer the site into our name! Any advice greatly appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Depend on location and size of site.
    Best to ring 3 engineeers, give them your location and size of plot and let them quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭ptogher14

I was gifted a site two years ago for a self build. As far as I recall i gave a solicitor 3200 to change over the site. You'll need two solicitor. That included stamp duty and all associated fees.

I gave an engineer 1800 to mark out the site, sign off for stage payments and do the completion cert.

It was a little bit quieter when I was doing it. I suggest getting at least three prices for anything you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Rabbo

ptogher14 wrote: »
    I was gifted a site two years ago for a self build. As far as I recall i gave a solicitor 3200 to change over the site. You'll need two solicitor. That included stamp duty and all associated fees.

I gave an engineer 1800 to mark out the site, sign off for stage payments and do the completion cert.

It was a little bit quieter when I was doing it. I suggest getting at least three prices for anything you do.

You won't get any engineer to map a site as well as inspect and certify a houses construction for 1800 anymore. The regulations and the market have thankfully changed a lot since then.

Advertisement