Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ill informed eir salesperson (Lucan area)

Options
  • 18-11-2016 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Had a very nice eir salesman call to my door yesterday, as luck would have it I was working from home, usually wouldn't be there during the day.  Went on to inform me of the wonderful news that my area was 'finally' fibre enable, and there were all sorts of wonderful packages available to me.  I'm currently with Virgin for broadband. 

Now the interesting thing is that I had looked into moving to eir(com) earlier in the year when Virgin were having problems with Netflix, but it was resolved and I stayed.  During that time I was able to discover that while there is a fibre cabinet less than 100 metres from my front door in Lucan village, I’m actually connected to a different cabinet almost 2km away.  My last speed test offered me 15Mb speeds, far removed from the solid 360 I get at present with VMI.

I pointed this out to the salesperson, who disagreed that this was possible for me to be connected to that cabinet, and that my speeds would be better.  I went back in, ran a test, and lo-and-behold, the attached picture was my reported available speed.

eir – please make sure your sales people know what they are talking about when they come calling.  In addition to falsely implying my speeds would be excellent and that I could get a decent package of services (he said the TV would require about 17Mb alone, which based on that speed test wouldn’t be achievable), he also suggested that anything above 100Mb was useless as my home network wouldn’t be able to use it.  I have my house wired with CAT6 cabling, and use an ac router, with which I can achieve the full speed offered to me all over the house.  I’m not an expert by any means, but I know enough to know what I was told yesterday is incorrect.  Less savvy people could be suckered into signing up for a very very inferior service.

What did surprise me (in a positive way) was his confirmation that eir will cover my early cancellation fees with VMI should I decide to leave, which was interesting.

Regards.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

ArthurG wrote: »
    Hi,

Had a very nice eir salesman call to my door yesterday, as luck would have it I was working from home, usually wouldn't be there during the day.  Went on to inform me of the wonderful news that my area was 'finally' fibre enable, and there were all sorts of wonderful packages available to me.  I'm currently with Virgin for broadband. 

Now the interesting thing is that I had looked into moving to eir(com) earlier in the year when Virgin were having problems with Netflix, but it was resolved and I stayed.  During that time I was able to discover that while there is a fibre cabinet less than 100 metres from my front door in Lucan village, I’m actually connected to a different cabinet almost 2km away.  My last speed test offered me 15Mb speeds, far removed from the solid 360 I get at present with VMI.

I pointed this out to the salesperson, who disagreed that this was possible for me to be connected to that cabinet, and that my speeds would be better.  I went back in, ran a test, and lo-and-behold, the attached picture was my reported available speed.

eir – please make sure your sales people know what they are talking about when they come calling.  In addition to falsely implying my speeds would be excellent and that I could get a decent package of services (he said the TV would require about 17Mb alone, which based on that speed test wouldn’t be achievable), he also suggested that anything above 100Mb was useless as my home network wouldn’t be able to use it.  I have my house wired with CAT6 cabling, and use an ac router, with which I can achieve the full speed offered to me all over the house.  I’m not an expert by any means, but I know enough to know what I was told yesterday is incorrect.  Less savvy people could be suckered into signing up for a very very inferior service.

What did surprise me (in a positive way) was his confirmation that eir will cover my early cancellation fees with VMI should I decide to leave, which was interesting.

Regards.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]ArthurG,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. I can understand your concerns & we appreciate your feedback on this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me the details of the agent and I will relay your feedback to our Feet on the Street team.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Revolver Ireland

Hi,

Regards.
    Did the same to me 6 years ago about getting out of BT contract. Also promised me a wireless handset phone. All absolute rubbish. Then, not only did they cut me off from BT, they then tried to say I only ordered a phoneline. It was an absolute nightmare that took about 4 months of phonecalls, being passed from pillar to post and being accused of lying on a regular basis. All because I, in good faith, accepted a deal one of their salespeople offered me at my door. Silly me. I don't get anything from door to door sales people now because of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

Regards.
    Did the same to me 6 years ago about getting out of BT contract. Also promised me a wireless handset phone. All absolute rubbish. Then, not only did they cut me off from BT, they then tried to say I only ordered a phoneline. It was an absolute nightmare that took about 4 months of phonecalls, being passed from pillar to post and being accused of lying on a regular basis. All because I, in good faith, accepted a deal one of their salespeople offered me at my door. Silly me. I don't get anything from door to door sales people now because of it.
    I'm sorry to hear of this experience  Revolver Ireland,

-Pamela 

Advertisement