Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ecribbin

How have they moved to batch 2 when batch 1 haven't received offers yet? I'm lost...

Aglomerado wrote: »
    Batch 2 have just been called for interview. I'm in the running! :eek:

Sorry! I forgot to add congratulations. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

Ecribbin wrote: »
    How have they moved to batch 2 when batch 1 haven't received offers yet? I'm lost...

The joys and mysteries of PAS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Sorry! I forgot to add congratulations. Best of luck.

Thanks a million. I'm amazed I got this far! :)

Does this now mean it's likely you'll get the open and international Development offer at the same time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

they are interviewing in batches and adding people to panel on a rolling basis..no issues with offers yet being made

Riskymove wrote: »

they are interviewing in batches and adding people to panel on a rolling basis..no issues with offers yet being made

Well, yes, that does make sense. I'm guess I'm just surprised they're anticipating needing more already when it seemed like a big panel already.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

The second tranche have been called

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

salomon wrote: »
    Does this now mean it's likely you'll get the open and international Development offer at the same time?

You'd probably get open first- and be kept on the international development panel- with an option to swap over if/when you got your place on international dev- same as happens with AO/Third Sec.

Well, yes, that does make sense. I'm guess I'm just surprised they're anticipating needing more already when it seemed like a big panel already.

They placed the top 1,500 candidates, so it would seem they anticipated this from the outset?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Anyone know how many called in Batch 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 newjob2017

Hello all, I have been called to interview in the second tranche. Is there a boards.ie thread on the interview and what it entails?

newjob2017 wrote: »
    Hello all, I have been called to interview in the second tranche. Is there a boards.ie thread on the interview and what it entails?

i think it is all on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

Anyone know how many called in Batch 2?

I'm early three hundreds on the open and got called so they called at least a hundred on that. Anyone higher?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 newjob2017

i think it is all on this thread

I have had a good trawl through, but couldn't find anything in and around the March dates (i.e. the first tranche). Do you have any idea of the page numbers? Many thanks

newjob2017 wrote: »
    I have had a good trawl through, but couldn't find anything in and around the March dates (i.e. the first tranche). Do you have any idea of the page numbers? Many thanks

I'd say start on page 63 or thereabouts (on mobile)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

Has anyone ever tried to get their date of interview moved? I've been called for the second round and would prefer to do it a few days after the date they've allotted to me. I've no good reason tbh, it would just suit me better. Are PAS flexible enough does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Winterspring

tigger123 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever tried to get their date of interview moved? I've been called for the second round and would prefer to do it a few days after the date they've allotted to me. I've no good reason tbh, it would just suit me better. Are PAS flexible enough does anyone know?
    Worth asking but I don't think they are usually flexible. Good luck

Worth asking but I don't think they are usually flexible. Good luck

Ask- providing you have a good reason, and give them plenty of notice- they are human- I've had interviews moved by PAS at short notice (a family member passed away in one instance- and on another occasion- a sibling was getting married in the States). Ask- nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

Out of interest when are batch two interviews taking place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,522 ✭✭✭tigger123

gics wrote: »
    Out of interest when are batch two interviews taking place?

Late May.

Cheers for other responses guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Unknowed

Does anyone have any new info on what the next step in the process is and when offers will start to be made? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Confused1979

I just spoke to someone cos I am just frustrated with the whole thing. Management are currently looking at allocations and the clearance team don't know when assignments are going to be made but it could be within the next month or two.

Seriously..... the next month or two???? I would say we are all pretty frustrated aswell. The lack of info is the problem. They obviously have some idea or they wouldn't be calling another batch

yeah next month or two is what was said to me on the phone - needless to say it was met with shocked silence.
    Apparently management are looking at allocations and then they will instruct the clearance team to make assignments etc...

• Advertisement

I can imagine. That has really taken me back. I personally wasn't expecting to get anything soon because of my regional choices but I would have thought anyone who listed Dublin would have been getting assigned in the next week or so. It makes you wonder why they went ahead and set up the new panel before the old one had even expired if there are no.jobs waiting

It makes you wonder why they went ahead and set up the new panel before the old one had even expired if there are no.jobs waiting

there are lots of jobs

it is pretty crazy really...I know places with a number of AP vacancies for a few months now awaiting people from panel.

I know it is very frustrating - I have Dublin and a regional choice and I expected to hear something this week. I know they said 6 weeks a few weeks ago but I expected that it would be this week because of the new interview dates for Batch 2. I know they have people from the panel going to AP higher, first sec etc but that shouldn't be having too big of an impact on the panel.
    I just hope the person I was talking to was not well informed or a negative nanny and that it is sooner rather than later cos I think I will go mad if one more person asks if I have heard anything yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Winterspring

It is very strange that it is taking so long. Unusual also that they asked us to fill out hard copy vetting forms when they have a new evetting system up and running that is really quick. Something must have happened.

yes the results of the interview were out so fast and then a huge delay (I know the panel only came into operation on the 1st May) but it has been around since mid March.

I don't know but I just assumed that they would be in a position to start appointments straight away from the 1st May. Maybe there is an issue around when the vacancy was notified and if it is before 1st May they have to use the old panel - I don't know. Maybe it is just that the AP Higher was announced and piggy backed on this competition too.

I turned down a job on the 2015 panel - really regretting that decision now!

• Advertisement

Maybe it is just that the AP Higher was announced and piggy backed on this competition too.

that will be a small panel with potentially small numbers from the top 300

it only covers 3 departments, one of which is quite small to begin with. I'd be surprised if there are more than 50 on the panel

I know it will be small but can still impact
    that will be a small panel with potentially small numbers from the top 300

it only covers 3 departments, one of which is quite small to begin with. I'd be surprised if there are more than 50 on the panel

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Festy_O_Semtex

I know it is very frustrating - I have Dublin and a regional choice and I expected to hear something this week. I know they said 6 weeks a few weeks ago but I expected that it would be this week because of the new interview dates for Batch 2. I know they have people from the panel going to AP higher, first sec etc but that shouldn't be having too big of an impact on the panel.
    I just hope the person I was talking to was not well informed or a negative nanny and that it is sooner rather than later cos I think I will go mad if one more person asks if I have heard anything yet!
    I would hope Dublin offers might be issued next week, at some stage, that's 6 weeks since they last communicated with most of us. Nothing on regional panels from PAS either. There is a huge lack of transparency with this whole part of the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭dee75

I'd love to get info on my regional placing. I've just accepted a 9 month contract role because I can't afford to hang about waiting for this to come up.

And now I've done that what's the betting I get a call in the next month with something in my chosen counties!! Unlikely though as I'm ranked mid-80'season so there's sure to be at least one or two ahead of me for the two counties!

I figured it would be 6 months minimum before I heard anything so I could take the contract offered.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ZolaGood

Oh god this is so depressing! I'm ringing tomorrow to see if I can get my ranking for Dublin and my region. We have been very patient but I think a few dozen phone calls might make them clarify the position - I cannot think of one reason why they can't give that info for this panel when they can for others such as recent HEO.

Like I said, hopefully I just got someone who was having a bad day and made a comment without really thinking I would take it so literally. Fingers crossed they will start making offers in the next week or two. It would be nice to have regional placing.

I think regional placing would at least get people off their back. Some regions unless you are first or second you don't have much hope for a job so if we knew that it would be something

I think regional placing would at least get people off their back. Some regions unless you are first or second you don't have much hope for a job so if we knew that it would be something

Exactly, I have accepted that a Dublin offer is the only hope for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭dee75

I rang PAS. They hope that they will be ready for first assignments by the end of this week. Once they start processing that it will trigger processing of the regional lists also.

I asked if I rang next Monday would they be able to give me my regional placing and I was told they would hope that will be possible.

Let's see if anyone else hears differently!

Reason prevails :-) great news. If anyone else gets any further info please let us know.

• Advertisement

Thank God for that - I was hoping that would be the case - I knew the lad I was talking to was very grumpy and was certainly having the Monday blues!

Folks,

Does anyone know how regional thing works in terms of allocation?. I have chosen both Dublin and a Regional Location, and it would suit me better from a commuting POV if i got a regional offer . i finished pretty high up, and without blowing my trumpet would probably be in the top 3 for my regional Location. I could be offered a Dublin post first up, and then somebody twenty places below me who might be say No 4 on that regional panel might get the regional Location, which i ideally would have wanted. it all seems so arbitrary. Any insight into how this works  would be appreciated. You are expected to make informed decisions regarding your future without having complete information

as far as I know when they contact you with an offer for one of your locations eg Dublin, you can ask what number you are on the panel. You wont know if eg 1 and 2 are considering offers at the same time. Once you accept a Dublin offer you wont get any more offers for a regional location.

I am in the same position and like you I think I have a nice spot on the panel but I don't think there were any offers for my regional location from the last panel. I turned down a Dublin offer last time because of my place on the regional panel and nothing came up for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ZolaGood

If you want to hold out for regional panels you would have to refuse Dublin offer generally. There could be a year between an offer to say no 20 on Dublin and no 2 on a particular region so refusing Dublin holding out takes a certain amount of blind faith!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Rosiebeans81

Has anyone who went for the recent Revenue only AP comp heard anything yet? I've gotten acknowledgement of my application but nothing else?

as far as I know when they contact you with an offer for one of your locations eg Dublin, you can ask what number you are on the panel. You wont know if eg 1 and 2 are considering offers at the same time. Once you accept a Dublin offer you wont get any more offers for a regional location.

I am in the same position and like you I think I have a nice spot on the panel but I don't think there were any offers for my regional location from the last panel. I turned down a Dublin offer last time because of my place on the regional panel and nothing came up for me.
    Cheers for that confused, you confound your user name,lol, clarity is delivered.

Cheers for that confused, you confound your user name,lol, clarity is delivered.

Has anyone who went for the recent Revenue only AP comp heard anything yet? I've gotten acknowledgement of my application but nothing else?

Confirmation of receipt of application- follow-up letter advising following examination of application I am not being short listed on this occasion for the posts they hope to fill. Still have the AO application sitting in Dublin Castle somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 FitSpin

Confirmation of receipt of application- follow-up letter advising following examination of application I am not being short listed on this occasion for the posts they hope to fill. Still have the AO application sitting in Dublin Castle somewhere.

@ The Conductor - do you mind me asking when did you receive that letter re AP Revenue competition? Thanks

Advertisement