Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

FitSpin wrote: »
    @ The Conductor - do you mind me asking when did you receive that letter re AP Revenue competition? Thanks

After Easter.
    Not too disappointed, to be honest with you- I had very mixed feelings after my last interview/presentation with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Rosiebeans81

FitSpin wrote: »
    @ The Conductor - do you mind me asking when did you receive that letter re AP Revenue competition? Thanks

I've emailed this evening to see when they hope to have an update as I've heard nothing except the confirmation of application being received. I'll post when they reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 FitSpin

After Easter.
    Not too disappointed, to be honest with you- I had very mixed feelings after my last interview/presentation with them.

Thanks for that update @ The Conductor. Sorry to hear that you weren't shortlisted. They haven't contacted anyone yet to say that they have been shortlisted either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,500 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I had similar feelings after an interview with them a couple of years back for a specific AP post. Worst interview I've ever had in public sector - one guy playing 'hard cop' and board chair smirking at the tough guy for most of the interview. WOuldn't touch them with a barge pole.

For anyone who applied for the recent AP Revenue only comp, I've gotten an email this morning to say that they are still working through the short-listing process and hope to be finished in the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭ZolaGood

I rang PAS today for an update and she said first batch of candidates are gone to clearance today which is checking of references. She couldn't tell me how many are in this batch as they are in the middle of it today. They won't tell you where you are on regions until they get to your place on the panel. She said they will be able to be more definitive once she reaches me...so basically in the dark until an offer comes. She said most of this first batch are Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Festy_O_Semtex

Any indication of when actual offers will be made?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Winterspring

Offers have started

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

Great news. Congrats

Offers have started

Today? Well done if you got one, you must be in top 20 or so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Cornfield

Offers have started
    Congratulations!
    Is that InterD or Open? I'm in the top 20 on the Open and haven't been contacted.

Offers have started

Today? Well done if you got one, you must be in top 20 or so
    Yes in top 10

Open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭dee75

Open

Can I ask is the offer in Dublin or regional?

And congratulations too!

Is a dublin offer

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Confused1979

Is a dublin offer

Congrats to all those who got offers. Great to see movement.
    Any one get an offer for Dublin where it wasn't one of their location preferences. Just wondering do they skip over the people who don't have the location picked.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 GorSin

Is a dublin offer

Congratulations. That's great that it has finally started.

No who will be brave enough to chance ringing PAS tomorrow to check their regional place?
    I rang two weeks ago and was nearly eaten alive on the phone.;)

The lady I spoke to today was very pleasant but adamant that they won't tell anyone any placings as the numbers change daily in some cases-I still think it's bull**** as they could tell us on day one and update when offers are made.

Confused1979 as far as I know they will skip those that didn't select Dublin -that's why they make you select at the outset

ZolaGood wrote: »
    The lady I spoke to today was very pleasant but adamant that they won't tell anyone any placings as the numbers change daily in some cases-I still think it's bull**** as they could tell us on day one and update when offers are made.

Confused1979 as far as I know they will skip those that didn't select Dublin -that's why they make you select at the outset

I imagine that is what should happen but the lack of transparency around this process makes me wonder. I don't understand why location places weren't provided on day 1. Squeaky bum time, but at least offers have started

I agree that's what's frustrating me most-Lack of transparency...though at least the offers are starting so good news...congrats Winterspring by the way :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 Luckyduck78

Just wondering which department have you been offered? Congrats!

Quick thanks to all the posters who have been really informative and generous in helping everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Disgruntled dsp

Just wondering, for those who have received offers, can they post which departments the offers are for?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 apples12

Thanks to everyone for your comments. I am an outsider on the open panel and this thread has been so informative. I'm No 15 on the open panel with Dublin as a preference. For your info they haven't got to me yet

Any offers today?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭ammg

The second tranche have been called

They've gone to 450 on open:mad:

Confirmation of receipt of application- follow-up letter advising following examination of application I am not being short listed on this occasion for the posts they hope to fill. Still have the AO application sitting in Dublin Castle somewhere.

I phoned Revenue just now regarding the AP and they said they were still shortlisting and no letters had gone out for AP. Confused.com!!!!

ammg wrote: »
    I phoned Revenue just now regarding the AP and they said they were still shortlisting and no letters had gone out for AP. Confused.com!!!!

Told me they were still shortlisting aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CP30

ammg wrote: »
    They've gone to 450 on open:mad:

I'm in the high 500s on the open and the high 300s on the inter. Anyone think they will go this far along?

• Advertisement

Yes, there are lots of Dublin vacancies.

Got my regional position....pretty much rules me out :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭CP30

Yes, there are lots of Dublin vacancies.

I rang PAS there and they said this competition is actually open until October 2019 so that gives me an even better chance of being called for interview!

gics wrote: »

Did they tell you over phone?? Are you in for Dublin also? Don't rule it out yet there is still a long time to go on this panel

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Steveie2017

Did they give it to you over the phone gics? Why do you say it rules you out?

gics wrote: »

Oh no! Don't write it off just yet. If they are going to give out lots of Dublin positions then everyone ahead of you in therror county could have accepted Dublin rather than risk getting no offers! Hang in there!

• Advertisement

Like you I'm in the high 500 too and expect to be interviewed before the summer ends. I'm only interested in regional vacancies though.

They gave it to me over the phone. There will be very limited movement in my area and I can't go to Dublin so going to try & put it out of my head for now

Just rang too. First person said they weren't giving regional placings but when insisted I was transferred to someone in clearance who gave me my ranking.

And like gics I doubt I will be hearing anything for a long time, if ever! I didn't put Dublin and still in two minds whether or not I'd accept Dublin if it was offered to me.

I'm actually astounded at how high a number I am for one county! I guess it's a very popular one. The second one is way better but I still think it could be a long time. Still we have until October 2018......

So annoyed they wouldn't tell me yesterday!!!!

I will ring again tomorrow:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

CP30 wrote: »
    I rang PAS there and they said this competition is actually open until October 2019 so that gives me an even better chance of being called for interview!
    dee75 wrote:
    Still we have until October 2018......

2018 or 2019? which is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Circular said 2018.

Riskymove wrote: »
    CP30 wrote: »
    dee75 wrote:
    Still we have until October 2018......

2018 or 2019? which is it?

Circular says 2018

Anyone else get offers/ regional position? For me itl all depend on my regional position . Can't get through to the guy in he office who looks after it think he's screening me!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Steveie2017

I rang just before lunch and they gave me my positions for both my location panels. My locations are both regional i.e. not Dublin but turns out im no. 1 for both so just have to sit tight and wait!

I rang just before lunch and they gave me my positions for both my location panels. My locations are both regional i.e. not Dublin but turns out im no. 1 for both so just have to sit tight and wait!

No 1 on both gives you a great chance of being called soon-well done.

Congrats steveie2017.....great news

ZolaGood wrote: »

No 1 on both gives you a great chance of being called soon-well done.
    I'm No 1 on a Regional Location panel in a county that has a high number of Civil Servants in it, and was told by the guy in PAS that has worked a couple of years in his job, that he never seen a single AP vacancy from that county, so I'm not buying the champers, if you know what I mean. 
    He also said offers were going out, but it could take a few weeks for them to cascade down the panel as a lot of paperwork had to be completed to sort everything out when placing each individual.
    Wonder is anything happening with First Sec panel?

I'm No 1 on a Regional Location panel in a county that has a high number of Civil Servants in it, and was told by the guy in PAS that has worked a couple of years in his job, that he never seen a single AP vacancy from that county, so I'm not buying the champers, if you know what I mean. 
    He also said offers were going out, but it could take a few weeks for them to cascade down the panel as a lot of paperwork had to be completed to sort everything out when placing each individual.
    Wonder is anything happening with First Sec panel?

Congrats on the panel position!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Colourspring

That's a fantastic position to be in. Well done on a fantastic result.

I rang again and thankfully got a different guy-I got my regional place but they won't give a Dublin place as they will get to everyone with an offer eventually.

It's just now to decide if I take my chances on waiting on the region or jump when the Dublin offer comes.!

• Advertisement
Advertisement