Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

Next week, it will be my first payday on the AP scale - exactly 2 months since my appointment.

Mine was correct by 2nd pay day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LoopyLou17

Mine was correct by 2nd pay day.

That's great Coloneldecker, much improved! Can I ask are you an existing civil servant? I am wondering for the new to the Service APs here from the Open panel, were you paid from the first applicable pay date or was there a delay? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neilie22

Next week, it will be my first payday on the AP scale - exactly 2 months since my appointment.

Do they backdate it to the date of appointment?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,521 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

neilie22 wrote:
    Do they backdate it to the date of appointment?

Always

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Poppy2017

Hi all, Any movement this week on batch 3 assignments ?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 NoNamesWork

Sorted on second payweek too, existing civil servant moving Dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Newfoundland88

Got assigned. Early 40's off InterD. It's been a long road but finally worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sheep_Lover

Got assigned. Early 40's off InterD. It's been a long road but finally worth it!

Congratulations Newfoundland - well done!

Just for clarification, when you say you got assigned, do you mean you have actually been assigned to your new Department already or is it the case that your HR have contacted you too say you are in clearance with a departmental assignment forthcoming?

Congratulations Newfoundland - well done!

Just for clarification, when you say you got assigned, do you mean you have actually been assigned to your new Department already or is it the case that your HR have contacted you too say you are in clearance with a departmental assignment forthcoming?

Thanks! Assigned to department.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

Just wondering does anyone know, if you are in the afternoon batch for testing do you need to be in Chapter house for 1 or 2 o'clock? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Nerd Queen

Robin132 wrote: »
    Just wondering does anyone know, if you are in the afternoon batch for testing do you need to be in Chapter house for 1 or 2 o'clock? Thanks

1pm it is. Best of luck

For your assignment to be executed so quickly and efficiently, it had to be your own Department, am I right Newfoundland?

Congratulations Newfoundland !! You must be thrilled !!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Robin132 wrote: »

1PM- and its suggested you arrive at least 15 minutes early (aka 12.45).
    Allow in the region of 4 hours for the testing process? So- you're in there until nearly 5PM in the evening. Dammit- that's smack bang peak traffic out of Dublin :( Think the train from Connolly is probably the best bet- better look into time tables etc.

Congrats!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 JoeCitizen

eoinola wrote: »
    Hey

so somehow I passed the First Sec interview and placed 1 on Batch 2!! Does anyone know what batch 2 means?

Thanks

Hi, just wondering if you have heard any more about this? Or if anyone else has on when appointments are likely to be made?

My partner is on that panel too, she rang a few weeks ago and was told that she is in clearance at the moment but no date could be given.

We are trying to organize some stuff at the moment so it would be really helpful
    to have an idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shipster

In the 50s interD and assigned today Dublin panel

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Enova

Congratulations, Shipster. Can I ask, was it a Dublin or Regional assignment?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Enova

Congratulations, Newfoundland88. Can I ask was it a Dublin or Regional assignment?

Thanks!

shipster wrote: »
    In the 50s interD and assigned today Dublin panel

Well done to you Shipster - your own Department or a new Department?

• Advertisement

For your assignment to be executed so quickly and efficiently, it had to be your own Department, am I right Newfoundland?

Yes, Dublin panel and delighted to be staying where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JF82

I was also told there is no firm dates but I've heard informally they'll take a few by Easter. Can I ask what position your partner is on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

Was in for the verification tests and etray recently, open batch 2. took the guts of 4 hrs with a 10min break for restroom before the etray.

verbal, numerical and job sit were fine. the job sit analysis is grand after the hectic numerical. etray fine just the time element.

after waiting a year for stage 2, it could be a while for results I imagine.

I'm in tomorrow- wish me luck........ Dreading the e-tray- the rest of it should be fairly straight forward. 2 hours for the e-tray? The trial one took about 45 minutes........ Time will tell- worse case scenario- its an experience I'll leverage for next time round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭dee75

I'm in tomorrow- wish me luck........ Dreading the e-tray- the rest of it should be fairly straight forward. 2 hours for the e-tray? The trial one took about 45 minutes........ Time will tell- worse case scenario- its an experience I'll leverage for next time round.

Best of luck tomorrow!!

good luck..........it was my first etray and I submitted everything on time.

etray was 1hr 35 mins, first 20 minutes of this is reading the background which I think is loads, the last 75 mins is dealing with emails/calls and assignment. The last 20 mins go fast especially with pesky distraction emails.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Good luck conductor. It's a long ass day but hopefully worth it in the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Im in tomorrow at 8am. I was hoping the get the 1.15pm bus to Cavan from Busarus afterwards. Would I make it on time or would the test still be going on at that time?

I have a whole new found appreciation for my AP- following that damn e-tray..........
    I accidentally hit one of the function buttons on the keyboard filling the thing out- and thought I'd lost the whole thing.
    The practice test may have given you a brief glimpse of what the e-tray is like- but by God- the actual test is a whole different level of awfulness.
    Its marked automatically though- so on the brightside the results probably won't be long in coming out.
    Verbal and numerical were pretty ok- the workskills- toss a coin- and then that damn bloody awful e-tray..........
    Fecking hell.

gazzer wrote: »
    Im in tomorrow at 8am. I was hoping the get the 1.15pm bus to Cavan from Busarus afterwards. Would I make it on time or would the test still be going on at that time?

You will be finished and out the door at 11.40am so you can grab a bit of lunch

• Advertisement

I have a whole new found appreciation for my AP- following that damn e-tray..........
    I accidentally hit one of the function buttons on the keyboard filling the thing out- and thought I'd lost the whole thing.
    The practice test may have given you a brief glimpse of what the e-tray is like- but by God- the actual test is a whole different level of awfulness.
    Its marked automatically though- so on the brightside the results probably won't be long in coming out.
    Verbal and numerical were pretty ok- the workskills- toss a coin- and then that damn bloody awful e-tray..........
    Fecking hell.

same thing happened to me mid way thru. I stuck up my hand and supervisor sorted it in 2 seconds.

etray won't be marked if you fail any of the first three.

when you are used to a particular keyboard the test centre ones are basic enough.

VONSHIRACH wrote: »

I was in @ 12.45 today- and it was fully 4 hours later before we were finished....... You'd be well advised to heed the e-mail about setting 4 hours aside- you will actually use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sheepstealer

had the test this afternoon. Verbal numerical ok as for job scenarios it really is a toss of a coin. I felt I had too much time as I read and reread them changing my mind. I still don't get what the difference is between e.g. Effective or slightly effective. Surely if you do something it either works or it doesn't ?!

As for Etray I made a balls of it and a bit too much cut and paste in my submissions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ecribbin

had the test this afternoon. Verbal numerical ok as for job scenarios it really is a toss of a coin. I felt I had too much time as I read and reread them changing my mind. I still don't get what the difference is between e.g. Effective or slightly effective. Surely if you do something it either works or it doesn't ?!

As for Etray I made a balls of it and a bit too much cut and paste in my submissions.
    If it helps I had time to go back over my answers for the job scenarios and changed almost all of them.
    I kind of assumed that meant I didn't really know what I was saying (which is still possible) but I scored well.

It seems to me that people know when they didn't get it, and if you don't _know_ that, you probably did well.

Well that was a tough morning yesterday. I got there for 7.30am so went next door and had tea and then headed in to do the test. I flew through the verbal so I am bit worried about that :):) I finished with 8 minutes to spare. I found the maths pretty hard. Normally that would be my strongest area. I got it all done though with about 40 seconds to spare.

I wasnt too impresed with the Job section. I much prefer when you only have to give one definitive answer. Anyway I changed my answers a couple of times so not sure if I did well in that.

The eTray was new to me. It wasnt as bad as I had feared though the briefing note I had to do was not the best :):). I got everything done though so was happy with that.

I was starving and tired after it finished so went straight for food and then slept on the bus back to Cavan. Think I got some bug though in the room because I woke up this morning feeling like crap.

VONSHIRACH wrote: »

Sorry. Only getting to reply to you now. I had time for a big lunch before I got the bus. Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DoPoGo

Any idea what number they are at in batch 3? Think they were at number 35 at start Jan. How many in each batch I wonder...Have heard you aren't told where you are going to be posted before you accept job, is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 One timer

I am high 80's on the open, batch 3 in dublin. I am not a sitting civil servant.

I have been told they have started vetting and also told my probable assignment, he said that was subject to change.

Just a note to say thank you to all the previous posters here. It is a very long process and information here has been very helpful.

One timer wrote: »
    I am high 80's on the open, batch 3 in dublin. I am not a sitting civil servant.

I have been told they have started vetting and also told my probable assignment, he said that was subject to change.

Just a note to say thank you to all the previous posters here. It is a very long process and information here has been very helpful.

Well done and congratulations - I'm surprised you've been told of a probable assignment, that is somewhat unusual, did you receive any indication to when your assignment will be confirmed. The frequency of rate of assignments off Batch 3 suggests the Dublin tagged candidates in the 140 or so in this Batch will all be assigned by the end of April/May. I would suggest the Batch 4 candidates, who recently undertook phase 2 testing, will begin to be assigned in early Summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Woodenframe

Any estimate on when the latest stage 2 results will be out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

If you're referring to the supervised exams done last week, at it they said 4-5 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Woodenframe

whampiri wrote: »
    If you're referring to the supervised exams done last week, at it they said 4-5 weeks.

I was, thanks.

Woodenframe, when I did it I had results in about 4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Lmh79

mid 80s on the panel are in clearance now!

Lmh79 wrote: »
    mid 80s on the panel are in clearance now!

Great stuff - any idea how the regions are going ? Any Batch 3 people getting regional assignments ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Gaffer78

Can anybody say roughly where PAS are at on the interdepartmental stream of batch 3, as opposed to the open stream which we know is in the 80s.

Gaffer78 wrote: »
    Can anybody say roughly where PAS are at on the interdepartmental stream of batch 3, as opposed to the open stream which we know is in the 80s.

If the open is late eighties, you can safely estimate the interdepartmental to be at early sixties at least.

Hi all, Any movement this week on batch 3 assignments?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 One timer

Well done and congratulations - I'm surprised you've been told of a probable assignment, that is somewhat unusual, did you receive any indication to when your assignment will be confirmed. The frequency of rate of assignments off Batch 3 suggests the Dublin tagged candidates in the 140 or so in this Batch will all be assigned by the end of April/May. I would suggest the Batch 4 candidates, who recently undertook phase 2 testing, will begin to be assigned in early Summer.

Hi. I was assigned today

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

There are people on from Batch 1 still waiting on regional appointments!

• Advertisement
Advertisement