Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Woopsey

Anyone know what dates in April the interviews are being held?

Heard of 10 and 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

I was told that the results would be out at the end of April. I have heard that they've called another group for round 2 exams. Will these people be included in the group that is just finishing interviews I wonder. If they are, it would mean that the interview results won't be out till the end of May or even June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

whampiri wrote: »
    I was told that the results would be out at the end of April. I have heard that they've called another group for round 2 exams. Will these people be included in the group that is just finishing interviews I wonder. If they are, it would mean that the interview results won't be out till the end of May or even June.

The others called are batch three so won't delay results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

What number did they call up to so far from the OOM after stage 1?

OOM?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

OOM?

Order of merit.

If we're tranche 3, then I know that number 119 of tranche 2 was called. I don't know how many others are on that tranche/ panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

If we're tranche 3, then I know that number 119 of tranche 2 was called. I don't know how many others are on that tranche/ panel.

Cheers. I mean after the stage 1 aptitude tests were done I.e are they into the 1000s?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭agnena

billyhead wrote: »
    Cheers. I mean after the stage 1 aptitude tests were done I.e are they into the 1000s?

I am in around 1700 on the open and I am being called for the supervised tests this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Poppy2017

Any movement on Panel over the past few weeks ? Anyone appointed - especially to Regions !!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Poppy2017 wrote: »
    Any movement on Panel over the past few weeks ? Anyone appointed - especially to Regions !!

Nope none I called PAS today no movement on the open panel for my choice for the last 3 months.

Anyone waiting on regions specifically will be waiting a long time. As I said above, 119 from tranche 2 was called but I don't know where they are now.

Nope none I called PAS today no movement on the open panel for my choice for the last 3 months.

Thanks !! I'm down for midland counties !! Not much movement either!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sheepstealer

So I called yesterday and was told interviews are on 10-12th for 3 days and she expected results out the following week so not long to wait !

I'm just curious - are people being called to the online tests/interviews now who have only indicated regional locations on their application forms ? Or do you have to have picked Dublin to be called at this stage in the competition ?

I contacted PAS re my position on my 2 regional panels, I have moved up a few spots on both, maybe because people ahead of me had Dublin ticked and are now appointed !!!

@poppy: I don't understand your question. The order of merit determines who is called to stage 2 and from that to interview.
    It may be that they have a sufficiently large regional panel whereby they are no longer calling them as there may not be a chance for them to get a regional placement. I.e. if there's 200 aps outside Dublin, there's little point in interviewing and placing 500 applicants onto a regional panel.

@poppy: I don't understand your question. The order of merit determines who is called to stage 2 and from that to interview.
    It may be that they have a sufficiently large regional panel whereby they are no longer calling them as there may not be a chance for them to get a regional placement. I.e. if there's 200 aps outside Dublin, there's little point in interviewing and placing 500 applicants onto a regional panel.

Hi, sorry, yes, what I was asking is are they calling now to stage 2 and then to interview based on order of merit regardless of locations. It would give a bit of hope to people only seeking regions that there may be some movement before the panel expires or else why bother calling more regions only people to these further stages! Anyone I know that has been called to stage 2 has had Dublin down! Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BobCat123

Is it possible to change your preference,I originally had a reagional location but due to personal circumstances I would prefer Dublin as my first preference now. Would you still get called to stage 2 regardless? Thanks

My understanding is that location can't be changed but ring PAS. The worst that can happen is that I'm right but you'll know for sure and I might also be wrong. 😁

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

My understanding is that location can't be changed but ring PAS. The worst that can happen is that I'm right but you'll know for sure and I might also be wrong. ðŸ˜

You’re right you cannot change preferences.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

You’re right you cannot change preferences.

Although the competition rules say you can’t I am aware of someone who managed to change their preferences.

so how are this weeks victims (sorry interviewee's !) finding the interview boards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Phonecrazy

so how are this weeks victims (sorry interviewee's !) finding the interview boards ?

I think today is the last day for batch 2.1. I was up earlier this week and I found it tough but fair. I expected it as they want you to show that you can navigate the level. Though personally, I don’t know if I managed to covey the depth of my examples. I’ll be happy when I’m put out of my misery. Hopefully next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Woopsey

Phonecrazy wrote: »
    I think today is the last day for batch 2.1. I was up earlier this week and I found it tough but fair. I expected it as they want you to show that you can navigate the level. Though personally, I don’t know if I managed to covey the depth of my examples. I’ll be happy when I’m put out of my misery. Hopefully next week!

Snap!!! Feel exactly the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jets

thought the 35 mins was short enough to try fit everything in but the interviewers were friendly and professional and stuck rigidly enough to the competencies.

Did anyone doing the interviews this week get an updated results release date or are we still looking at the end of next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

jets wrote: »
    thought the 35 mins was short enough to try fit everything in but the interviewers were friendly and professional and stuck rigidly enough to the competencies.

35 minutes? I was in there for almost 55. Bloody hell. I must have waffled a lot of nonsense so :):):)

Did anyone doing the interviews this week get an updated results release date or are we still looking at the end of next week?

Late friday afternoon I am sure as I am sitting in Killarney at Forsa ADC !

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Claireclucka

Hi there, I didn’t actually ask but hoping for next week too! I was in on Wednesday 😊

• Advertisement

Hi there, I didn’t actually ask but hoping for next week too! I was in on Wednesday ��

The last of the interviews was yesterday as I understand it. It could be possible that the results would be out today.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Claireclucka

gazzer wrote: »
    The last of the interviews was yesterday as I understand it. It could be possible that the results would be out today.

God I’d say that’s optimistic but it would be lovely to know!

God I’d say that’s optimistic but it would be lovely to know!

Yeah I am probably being over optimistic but I imagine the marks for the interviews held before Easter are already calculated. So it will just be a matter of slotting the marks from the 3 days of interviews this week into an updated list. Having said that though, I dont really want to get my results on Friday 13th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Omnishambles99

Any idea when the results of those recent interviews will be out? this week? next?

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Omnishambles99

that is so weird, a few moments after I asked about when they're out .... the PAS notification came in!!! results are out!

I have my results - thanks to everyone for all their help

I got in the top 10 - shocked and delighted !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 confusted

They're out! Placed in high 50s for Dublin. A bit shocked to be honest. Was convinced interview was most awful I had ever done and I usually don't feel like that. Now my question....what are my chances of getting a placement in the high 50s? Congrats to all who got through and sorry to those who didn't make it this time.

I have my results - thanks to everyone for all their help

I got in the top 10 - shocked and delighted !!!

Well done sheepstealer, brilliant, and thanks for all your insights over the course of this.

Now do we where they are currently on the panel and how many are left ?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jets

placed in top 10 , delighted.

• Advertisement

If they called a fresh batch to the supervised tests at the beginning of April would that suggest they anticipate using most of this batch (who interviewed in last few weeks) and beyond before the panel expires at end of October? Last figure I can see here for placement from tranche 2 was 119 at beginning of April but poster didn't know how many are on tranche 2 panel.

Im in shock. Got placed 56th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

how many where placed in this batch for Dublin? seeing 60ish here? ta

PAS sent out a follow up email regarding panels and who to contact so I emailed them and will update when I hear back

I made early 60s. Delighted to have made the panel. Disappointed with one mark alright though. I've little to complain about though as I had written this entire competition off way back after finishing stage 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Phonecrazy

I made early 60s. Delighted to have made the panel. Disappointed with one mark alright though. I've little to complain about though as I had written this entire competition off way back after finishing stage 1.

I made the panel too in the 30s. So surprised and overjoyed.

I suppose it will be a while before i get called off the panel. I dont mind though. I did this interview as an EO so im delighted to even get on the panel

Does anybody know how many where put on the panel?

There's at least 72 on the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 641 ✭✭✭DanDublin1982

Late 40s here and pretty delighted with that. The area I was most worried about I was miles ahead of the qualifying mark. You can just never know I guess.

Advertisement