Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

Sorry folks, you've 2 hopes of getting a regional placement at this stage. Getting one makes the assumption that nobody in the previous batches has it down as their 1st option and haven't taken up a position offered to them.

My suggestion to anyone waiting on a regional posting is to forget about it and take the Dublin placement if it's offered to you and you're in a position to take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Poppy2017

whampiri wrote: »
    Sorry folks, you've 2 hopes of getting a regional placement at this stage. Getting one makes the assumption that nobody in the previous batches has it down as their 1st option and haven't taken up a position offered to them.

My suggestion to anyone waiting on a regional posting is to forget about it and take the Dublin placement if it's offered to you and you're in a position to take it.

I'd agree, I'm batch 3 end of September 2017 interview, 2 regional locations down and I'm still a bit away from being near the top in either location so batch 1 & batch 2 people are ahead of me for my locations. If you have Dublin selected and can commute and really want the job I would also recommend taking Dublin !

Poppy! what are we doing? We want people to hang on so that the Dublin posts come up faster for us! Disregard my advice above. Don't take the Dublin posts. Stay strong and you'll get that regional offer. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Poppy2017

Poppy! what are we doing? We want people to hang on so that the Dublin posts come up faster for us! Disregard my advice above. Don't take the Dublin posts. Stay strong and you'll get that regional offer. ��

LOL !!!!! I haven't Dublin selected so won't get offered Dublin !! In my experience of this competition Dublin posts have not slowed down !! But PAS should be able to give advice to anyone who is offered Dublin but would really prefer a region on the chances of that region coming up before the panel expires ! Are there any Batch 1 people out there still waiting on regional locations ??

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Phonecrazy

jets wrote: »
    I heard a rumour that they are starting to assign this week and should get through about 20 straight off. I'm hoping its true.

I had heard that there was a backlog a couple of weeks ago. But can/will they assign without clearance? Maybe I’m missing something but I haven’t heard from any sources that clearance has started...

Phonecrazy wrote: »
    I had heard that there was a backlog a couple of weeks ago. But can/will they assign without clearance? Maybe I’m missing something but I haven’t heard from any sources that clearance has started...

Yes they will and the appointment will be contingent on a clean record coming back.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭agnena

Sorry if this has already been asked. Are all 6 competencies discussed during the interview? The form only asked for 4 examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beebeebug

Enova wrote: »
    Hi. Just wondering if anyone has heard of much movement in Cork and Kerry regions lately or anticipates any?
    Thanks.

Yes there has been on both those regions Enova. If you phone PAS they will give you your updated place numbers. Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 26 JoeMac7

agnena wrote: »
    Sorry if this has already been asked. Are all 6 competencies discussed during the interview? The form only asked for 4 examples.

You are marked on 5 (Drive and Commitment came under the same heading as management and delivery of results on my score)

They walked me through my CV and education at the start, giving time to expand where necessary, and specifically said that went to self development.

They had 4 sections specifically focused on leadership, analysis, results and communication.

On both this and the last HEO I was given the impression that drive and commitment was determined on how they thought you comported yourself in the examples you were using for the other competencies

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭agnena

JoeMac7, thanks really appreciated. I am trying to sort out my examples as they all have to be updated from what I have on the form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

JoeMac7 wrote: »
    On both this and the last HEO I got I was given the impression that drive and commitment was determined on how they thought you comported yourself in the examples you were using for the other competencies

Agree, drive and commitment is determined on how you answer the other competencies in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Enova

Thanks, Beebeebug. I have since received updated numbers. Just have to hope for more vacancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beebeebug

Enova wrote: »
    Thanks, Beebeebug. I have since received updated numbers. Just have to hope for more vacancies.

Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jets

I heard a rumour that they are starting to assign this week and should get through about 20 straight off. I'm hoping its true.

Judging that nobody has heard anything, it's looking like the rumour was somewhat unfounded unfortunately. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Babsiboo

Judging that nobody has heard anything, it's looking like the rumour was somewhat unfounded unfortunately. :rolleyes:
    I hope you got back on to your source to check their information. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭elgicko

Know someone who contacted PAS this week, PAS representative said first 25 going into clearance shortly, I would assume they will be notified after bank holiday.

Usual rumour mill applies so don't hold me to this, this is what I heard from a reliable source.

Also more interviews are being conducted in next couple of weeks, (don't know how many were called). I think it safe to assume that if PAS are calling more people for interview, everyone who placed recently will be made an offer. Most jobs are in Dublin, therefore if you placed and you don't want a Job in Dublin or have put in other regions as your 1st and 2nd preference then I think it is safe to say you are out of luck as other people in previous batches are waiting to be assigned to the regions!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Does anyone have a copy of the original application form that I could see? I want to apply for the next campaign (whenever that happens!) but would love to see this campaigns one..... TIA!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

lets hope theres some movement today

• Registered Users Posts: 42 sheepstealer

well I have an update my boss on friday got an email from HR asking them to fill in a reference and that clearance had started !!!

Game on .....

• Advertisement

well I have an update my boss on friday got an email from HR asking them to fill in a reference and that clearance had started !!!

Game on .....

That’s interesting, I wonder how far down the list they’re going

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

Game on .....

I take you haven't been heard from PAS at all? They just went straight to your HR?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Robin132 wrote: »
    I take you haven't been heard from PAS at all? They just went straight to your HR?

That is the way it works

You will get a call once paperwork returned and all ok, probably by end of this week

Riskymove wrote: »
    That is the way it works

You will get a call once paperwork returned and all ok, probably by end of this week

Oh, that’s different to the HEO last year then. For that I got an email to tell me when they were going for clearance, not when it had finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Oh, that’s different to the HEO last year then. For that I got an email to tell me when they were going for clearance, not when it had finished.

My understanding is that, in relaity, this is how it works.

They contact HR and get certain confirmation, then contact you to tell you you are in clearance and then contact you again with details of offer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭Woodenframe

anyone know how its works for external people?

• Advertisement

Robin132 wrote: »

Didn't hear a word about it from PAS but just happy its started :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jets

Didn't hear a word about it from PAS but just happy its started :)

Thanks for the update, good to hear movement!

Sounds like PAS contacted your HR who in turn contacted your line manager. I asked my PO and AP in here and they haven't got anything from my HR yet, could be different departments and my HR might not be as quick or also i might be further down the list to you, am also top ten but much closer to ten than one :D

Thanks for the update, good to hear movement!

Sounds like PAS contacted your HR who in turn contacted your line manager. I asked my PO and AP in here and they haven't got anything from my HR yet, could be different departments and my HR might not be as quick or also i might be further down the list to you, am also top ten but much closer to ten than one :D

Before people head off, any chance you could mention what number you're at so that we know where the panel is at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

They are still doing interviews for this I heard! How long do these new panels last for? 1 year? Or until the end of this competition in October?

Does this mean not to expect another AP competition for years? 😥

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

They are still doing interviews for this I heard! How long do these new panels last for? 1 year? Or until the end of this competition in October?

I had heard a new one should be starting relatively soon (last year I think they said 2018 q2) which obviously isn't happening but I doubt it will be too far away. I have emailed pas and asked but have yet to receive a response

• Advertisement

These panels are only in place until the end of October. I'm expecting that there may be a few people very disappointed from the 4th batch if they don't get placed high enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭elgicko

These panels are only in place until the end of October. I'm expecting that there may be a few people very disappointed from the 4th batch if they don't get placed high enough.

Is the 4th batch the people who will be interviewing shortly?

Yes, Batch 4 is the group who recently completed the psychometric and etray and are being interviewed shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Does this mean not to expect another AP competition for years? ��

Panel runs out 31st October 2018.

I would imagine a new AP Comp will be announced in the next couple of months with a panel in place as close to 1st November as possible.

Panel runs out 31st October 2018.

I would imagine a new AP Comp will be announced in the next couple of months with a panel in place as close to 1st November as possible.

They won't want to have no panel in place for too long however based on previous competitions it can take a while to get them up and running. I'd guess that the competition will run early in the new year rather than this year but nobody knows for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Beebie

Hi, I have been called to interview stage next week, material that has been circulated has me down as being part of Batch 3.1..so unsure if there is another Batch 4 group.

Beebie wrote: »
    Hi, I have been called to interview stage next week, material that has been circulated has me down as being part of Batch 3.1..so unsure if there is another Batch 4 group.

Strange. Its the 1st time I've heard of 3.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 miss_miaigi

Strange. Its the 1st time I've heard of 3.1.

I was interviewed in April and am down as batch 2.1 so 3.1 would make sense if it's the next batch?

I was interviewed in April and am down as batch 2.1 so 3.1 would make sense if it's the next batch?

Just checked my own one and you're quite right. This batch is 3.1. Not sure why I thought it was batch 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 miss_miaigi

Just checked my own one and you're quite right. This batch is 3.1. Not sure why I thought it was batch 4.

I think there's been a lot of talk about the last batch (2.1) being batch 3 so...

I guess at this stage it doesn't matter what batch you are as long as you get on and then, most importantly, off the panel!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I was promoted to HEO 5 weeks ago but I am still in the division I worked in as EO and am waiting to move to my new division. It would be funny if I got called off the AP panel first :):) Wishful Thinking.

gazzer wrote: »
    I was promoted to HEO 5 weeks ago but I am still in the division I worked in as EO and am waiting to move to my new division. It would be funny if I got called off the AP panel first :):) Wishful Thinking.

EO to AP. Congratulations!

EO to AP. Congratulations!

Cheers Whampiri. Still in a bit of shock over how fast things have happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Babsiboo

A colleague in the 20s just got word from HR that clearance had begun for him. :)

Babsiboo wrote: »
    A colleague in the 20s just got word from HR that clearance had begun for him. :)

Wow. They are fairly flying through the panel so. Im at 56. I could be working in Dublin in July/August yet

Great to be kept up to date with the moves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭johnboyire

Anyone in the 30s on here?

johnboyire wrote: »
    Anyone in the 30s on here?

I am 30 inter and 33 open. Heard back from PAS today, they told me they are mid 20s at the moment.

I am 30 inter and 33 open. Heard back from PAS today, they told me they are mid 20s at the moment.

Well that's good news so for the panel and also only 3 non civil servants in first 30.

Both panels will be hoovered up fast so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 confusted

Is 1 in 10 about a typical ratio of non civil servant: civil servant for AP competitions? I have no clue, just curious. I've watched this forum since the competition opened in a kind of bewilderment at the way people craved information about where the panel is at. Now that I'm on the panel I completely get it. All snippets gratefully received, I refresh this page a ridiculous amount every day but nice to hear that things are moving.

Advertisement