Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

Turty3 wrote: »
    Tis fierce quiet here this week, assuming the exodus has begun and clearance has now slowed for the Summer. Fingers crossed things pick up again soon.

Quiet, that's an understatement, it's like we're being drip fed, and I've seen more drips come out of a hose over the last few weeks.

I'm going to give them a buzz after lunch to see what the last number to go into clearance was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Zcxv23

whampiri wrote: »
    Quiet, that's an understatement, it's like we're being drip fed, and I've seen more drips come out of a hose over the last few weeks.

I'm going to give them a buzz after lunch to see what the last number to go into clearance was.

Thanks. There seems to be a gap in people posting from early 60's - 77 so its possible that there's more in clearance we just don't know about. Still no guesses on how many in total on batch 2?

When I enquired about placement on a regional panel PAS told me that the Dublin panel is being cleared first before regions are examined...:rolleyes:

I'm batch three and my message from PAS says 'It should be noted that your Batch (Batch 3.1) is for Dublin only. Candidates in this batch are not in contention for other regions and will not receive an Order of Merit for their secondary preferences unless PAS is required to call further regional candidates.' so they obviously don't anticipate a lot of movement outside of Dublin.

Zcxv23 wrote: »
    Thanks. There seems to be a gap in people posting from early 60's - 77 so its possible that there's more in clearance we just don't know about. Still no guesses on how many in total on batch 2?

I know 2 people in the early 70s who haven't heard anything yet. We've heard 64 has hit clearance but nothing further.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Turty3

:D very good

:D very good

Confirmed, last number in clearance is 65. Asked as to whether there would be another large move anytime soon and was told that they didn't know and that the summer normally results in a significant slow down, which is fair enough.

Based on that reply I'm not expecting any call for the next 2 months minimum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

65 in Open I presume? Must mean I am next for clearance in the inter departmental as I am number 56. Maybe I will hear something by the end of the month.

gazzer wrote: »
    65 in Open I presume? Must mean I am next for clearance in the inter departmental as I am number 56. Maybe I will hear something by the end of the month.

Yes, 65 open.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭elgicko

Zcxv23 wrote: »

Im late 60's and have heard nothing, once I get the email from PAS, i'll let people know here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

This from a FORSA Civil Service Divisional Executive Committee update that was circulated today :

4. Competitions
    The Divisional Executive Committee has indicated agreement that the AP Interdepartmental panel will continue for the remainder of the year, to facilitate a First Secretary (Foreign Affairs) competition to be followed by a new AP competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Clarenceworley

eigrod wrote: »
    This from a FORSA Civil Service Divisional Executive Committee update that was circulated today :

4. Competitions
    The Divisional Executive Committee has indicated agreement that the AP Interdepartmental panel will continue for the remainder of the year, to facilitate a First Secretary (Foreign Affairs) competition to be followed by a new AP competition.

I'm in the teens on batch 3 so this is amazing news for me...delighted. thanks to everyone on here for the updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14 Langemarck

4. Competitions

Thanks for the update. I'm in the early 20s on the open panel of batch 3. I wonder does that mean the first secretary competition will take from the open panel too?

Langemarck wrote: »
    Thanks for the update. I'm in the early 20s on the open panel of batch 3. I wonder does that mean the first secretary competition will take from the open panel too?

I doubt it as it was a separate panel within the same competition. You had to select which you were interested in at the start of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Poppy2017

Any movement anywhere this week folks ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tfunk

Poppy2017 wrote: »
    Any movement anywhere this week folks ???!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a thing. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Belfry2018

Hi , just spoke with PAS and they are currently at 65 on the AP Open with 15 left. So 80 on the open!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CorkBhoy

4. Competitions

So effectively the closing date of the Inter-D (only?) panel has been moved out from 31st October to 31 December? Am I reading this right? I can be a bit think at times :)
    Have PAS confirmed this to anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Enova

CorkBhoy wrote: »
    So effectively the closing date of the Inter-D (only?) panel has been moved out from 31st October to 31 December? Am I reading this right? I can be a bit think at times :)
    Have PAS confirmed this to anyone?

That's my understanding, CorkBhoy. I contacted PAS yesterday and as of that time they had received no official instruction to that effect but they were aware of the Forsa notice as others had contacted them re. same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

4. Competitions

What, if anything, does this mean for the anticipated open competition?

Enova wrote: »
    That's my understanding, CorkBhoy. I contacted PAS yesterday and as of that time they had received no official instruction to that effect but they were aware of the Forsa notice as others had contacted them re. same.

Forsa would have no interest in the open - while many people are on both panels anyone only on the open is more than likely not an existing civil servant. That's not to say that PAS or DPER will not also make a decision to extend the expiry date of the open element of the panel.

• Advertisement

Enova wrote: »

Sounds promising, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Ravelleman wrote: »
    What, if anything, does this mean for the anticipated open competition?

It means that the new panel can’t begin until after the current one expires so in theory delays it for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

It means that the new panel can’t begin until after the current one expires so in theory delays it for a while.

So, an open panel cannot be formed while an interdepartmental panel continues to exist?

Ravelleman wrote: »
    So, an open panel cannot be formed while an interdepartmental panel continues to exist?

It could but they'd probably have to have seperate Open and Inter-D interview processes - I'd imagine that's not likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

4. Competitions

I can't find that anywhere on the FORSA website and I haven't seen anything emailed about it either. Our local reps no nothing about it.

I can't find that anywhere on the FORSA website and I haven't seen anything emailed about it either. Our local reps no nothing about it.

I have seen it - your local Forsa Rep should have it - its dated 17th July and entitled - Civil Service Divisional Executive Committee update.

Like you I couldn't see it on the website and I emailed my rep and she sent it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Catch 22

I also got confirmation from our rep today. Have been following the thread (thanks to all for the updates and congrats to those who have moved on) but I wasn't holding out any hope until now (I'm on the 3.1 panel).

Any news of any movement this past week ? Things may have slowed a bit for the summer !!

Poppy2017 wrote: »
    Any news of any movement this past week ? Things may have slowed a bit for the summer !!

Nothing. That's 2 weeks with no movement.

Considering they are at number 65 on the Open panel and i am 56 on the inter panel i thought i would have heard something by now :((

• Advertisement

Considering they are at number 65 on the Open panel and i am 56 on the inter panel i thought i would have heard something by now :((

Based on this and where I am on the open/interD, you're the next person to be called.

Nothing. That's 2 weeks with no movement.

Hopefully It's just a case of the relevant PAS staff member being on a nice beach somewhere for a couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed they'll be back on Monday rested and raring to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Turty3

Could be worth ringing PAS...I spoke to them Jul 17th and they confirmed #65 on Open in clearance...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Waylander301

I'm 64 on Open and received my appointment notice this morning (start date to be agreed with my new Department)...so things are still moving...

I'm 64 on Open and received my appointment notice this morning (start date to be agreed with my new Department)...so things are still moving...

Great to hear the movement. So they've no.65 to appoint and after that it's back to pulling people for clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 confusted

Great to hear the movement. So they've no.65 to appoint and after that it's back to pulling people for clearance.

Still have to appoint lower in the 60s too!

confusted wrote: »
    Still have to appoint lower in the 60s too!

If they've appointed 64, then anyone higher, i.e. 60-63, than that should be appointed already. If you were in low 60s and not appointed, then I recommend getting onto PAS.

If they've appointed 64, then anyone higher, i.e. 60-63, than that should be appointed already. If you were in low 60s and not appointed, then I recommend getting onto PAS.

I thought that was how it worked alright..but could be a delay cause of AL or something so I won't get too stressed. Plus I'm external - not sure whether that might have an impact.

confusted wrote: »
    I thought that was how it worked alright..but could be a delay cause of AL or something so I won't get too stressed. Plus I'm external - not sure whether that might have an impact.

It shouldn't make a difference as we're all talking about the same panel. I.e open. It might have to do with getting your clearance as it may take longer to check references etc.

• Advertisement

Yeah, will see what happens the next few days. PAS have been very good about keeping me updated in fairness.

I wonder if PAS are planning to put a group through clearance before the August lull then?

Anybody know roughly how long it takes between HR sending back your clearance papers and your assignment date?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Waylander301

Anybody know roughly how long it takes between HR sending back your clearance papers and your assignment date?
    Got my appointment notice within 2 weeks. I reckon appointment date will be agreed between HR in your current and new Dept if you're an existing civil servant.

Got my appointment notice within 2 weeks. I reckon appointment date will be agreed between HR in your current and new Dept if you're an existing civil servant.

Quick enough. Good to know. Im going to be staying in my current dept but moving from a rural location to Dublin. Id better start doing some shirt and suit shopping 😁

Quick enough. Good to know. Im going to be staying in my current dept but moving from a rural location to Dublin. Id better start doing some shirt and suit shopping ðŸ˜

And saving for rent. It's crazy!

• Advertisement

And saving for rent. It's crazy!

Luckilly i will be staying in the spare room in my parents initially so will save money for first few months

Hey

I'm #70 on the Open and my AP just informed me she received papers this morning.

Looks like they're not taking August off anyway.

tfunk wrote: »
    Hey

I'm #70 on the Open and my AP just informed me she received papers this morning.

Just checked with my hr and nothing in. Looks like they've just called to 70.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭elgicko

tfunk wrote: »
    Hey

Hi,
    That's great - well done!

I am before 70 and have heard nothing, did you get notification from PAS in your inbox?

elgicko wrote: »
    Hi,
    That's great - well done!

I am before 70 and have heard nothing, did you get notification from PAS in your inbox?

No. Nothing via publicjobs

Local HR were informed and passed on a form for my line-manager to fill in so she let me know.

Presume I'll be formally informed once the papers are all in order.

• Advertisement
Advertisement