Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭elgicko

tfunk wrote: »
    No. Nothing via publicjobs

Local HR were informed and passed on a form for my line-manager to fill in so she let me know.

Presume I'll be formally informed once the papers are all in order.

Good stuff, I'll check with HR! Congrats again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

Just heard that early 70s are being called for clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Turty3

whampiri wrote: »
    Just heard that early 70s are being called for clearance.

When you say 'early 70s' would you happen to know how far into 70s that is? Spoke to PAS this week and they'd confirmed #70 (and #59 interd) were in clearance.

Turty3 wrote: »
    When you say 'early 70s' would you happen to know how far into 70s that is? Spoke to PAS this week and they'd confirmed #70 (and #59 interd) were in clearance.

I don't know exactly how far I'm afraid. Was told it was early. If it was 74-76, I'm guessing they'd have said mid 70s though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CorkBhoy

Anyone hear any more regarding the expiry date of the panel being extended to 31 Dec?

PAS told me today that they have yet to be informed...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 noonandel

Folks, just to let you know I am 77 on Open and my clearance papers came in this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Catch 22

CorkBhoy wrote: »
    Anyone hear any more regarding the expiry date of the panel being extended to 31 Dec?

PAS told me today that they have yet to be informed...

Nope, other than confirmation from union rep last week that Forsa were agreeable to the extension of the panel until end of Dec.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Catch 22 wrote: »
    Nope, other than confirmation from union rep last week that Forsa were agreeable to the extension of the panel until end of Dec.

Does anyone have any indication as to how many people are left on this current panel? If they only have a few people left I cant imagine it'll last until the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tfunk

R777B wrote: »
    Does anyone have any indication as to how many people are left on this current panel? If they only have a few people left I cant imagine it'll last until the end of the year.

Well, there's only a few left on batch 2.1 (interviews in March and April)

According to PAS there's also approx 40 on batch 3.1 (interviews in May)

So they'll probably be cranking them out for a while longer.

But at this rate I could see them clearing everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 CorkBhoy

Catch 22 wrote: »

Ok, thanks. Would be nice to have this confirmed.

• Advertisement

noonandel wrote: »
    Folks, just to let you know I am 77 on Open and my clearance papers came in this afternoon.

Mine came in too (mid 70s). Should be starting on next batch very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Clarenceworley

Based on what we know about the difference in numbers between the open and the inter d...would it be a fair assumption to say that if they are at 77 on the open in batch 2, then the inter d batch 2 list would be exhausted?

Based on what we know about the difference in numbers between the open and the inter d...would it be a fair assumption to say that if they are at 77 on the open in batch 2, then the inter d batch 2 list would be exhausted?

Seems a fair assumption, interd had about 10 less than open afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 29 GorSin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

GorSin wrote: »

Weird... why are they not recruiting from the panel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Maybe the Wexford panel is exhausted?

Just spoke to PAS. I didn't get specific numbers but was told they have started on batch 3.1

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Zcxv23

Just spoke to PAS. I didn't get specific numbers but was told they have started on batch 3.1

Great! Thanks a million. I'm fairly far down batch 3 (23 InterD) but happy to let people know when/if clearance papers arrive!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 tfunk

Just to let you all know.

I was 70th on the open and have received my notification of assignment from PAS this afternoon.

New department rang me almost immediately after that so they must be eager. They expect a 4 week turnaround on getting me released

It's been a long bloody trip since we sent in the application forms in December 2016. Glad it is all but done.

Good luck to any of you still waiting and thanks to all the posters who kept us up to date and informed over the last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Zcxv23

tfunk wrote: »
    Just to let you all know.

I was 70th on the open and have received my notification of assignment from PAS this afternoon.

New department rang me almost immediately after that so they must be eager. They expect a 4 week turnaround on getting me released

It's been a long bloody trip since we sent in the application forms in December 2016. Glad it is all but done.

Good luck to any of you still waiting and thanks to all the posters who kept us up to date and informed over the last year.

Good Luck in your new job & thanks for all the updates.

I also received assignment yesterday (early 60s Interd) after entering clearance one week ago - they're flying through the lists now!

Good Luck to Everyone

Folks...speculative as this may be considering I have not even been offered yet but it was something I was wondering regardless...does anyone know...

As per the circular, salary for this competiton starts at €65000. Will this be the case of will it be the new adjusted AP salary that was confirmed after the circular was issued? (It's lower I think)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Folks...speculative as this may be considering I have not even been offered yet but it was something I was wondering regardless...does anyone know...

As per the circular, salary for this competiton starts at €65000. Will this be the case of will it be the new adjusted AP salary that was confirmed after the circular was issued? (It's lower I think)

the 1st point of the AP scale is now €65,837

in October this will rise to €66,495

I feel we should have a support group after all this. I've been appointed so best of luck to those in the 3rd batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Belfry2018

I feel we should have a support group after all this. I've been appointed so best of luck to those in the 3rd batch.

Hi congrats & best of luck. Can I ask what number you were??

• Advertisement

Belfry2018 wrote: »
    Hi congrats & best of luck. Can I ask what number you were??

I was early 70s but I know that late 70s has been contacted for appointment and that early batch 3 is in clearance.

Up to 8 on the inter d batch 3.1...as of last Friday. Moving very quick. If anyone else has further details...??? I'm not sure about the open...

Sincere congrats to anyone who has gone the distance!!! Good luck in your new roles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭dee75

Hi folks

Well done to all who have been assigned recently. I'm sure you are delighted to be at the end of this long process!

This is a question for all those who have been in their new AP roles for six to twelve months now, having been assigned from Batch 1.

How are you finding the job? Is it interesting, challenging, etc?

Typically is your work policy development or people management or what?

Particularly for AP's who were external appointments- are you liking the switch from private sector to civil service? What do you see as the advantages and disadvantages now that you are in the CS?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

PAS have not confirmed that there is an extension of the closing date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

If they get through Batch 3 they might just start again and not bother with an extension. Am I right in thinking Batch 3 is very small?

If they get through Batch 3 they might just start again and not bother with an extension. Am I right in thinking Batch 3 is very small?

About 40 in batch 3....I believe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Past30Now

dee75 wrote: »
    Hi folks

Well done to all who have been assigned recently. I'm sure you are delighted to be at the end of this long process!

This is a question for all those who have been in their new AP roles for six to twelve months now, having been assigned from Batch 1.

How are you finding the job? Is it interesting, challenging, etc?

Typically is your work policy development or people management or what?

Particularly for AP's who were external appointments- are you liking the switch from private sector to civil service? What do you see as the advantages and disadvantages now that you are in the CS?

Thanks!

Hi Dee

I'll have 12 months done in early september. Came in on the first batch number c 100. I had been private sector for most of my career so the CS is a big change. Thoroughly enjoying the role so far.

Section underfunded and under resourced, but that seems normal enough. The role is challenging and very busy. Hard to describe the role, not a policy role, and not really a staff management role, more an enabling role. Delighted I made the move, and looking forward to the next couple of years.

Regards
    Past30

• Registered Users Posts: 4 noonandel

Hello all, just to let you know i was 77 on open panel in batch 2 and received my assignment papers yesterday. Good luck to everybody

Past30Now wrote: »
    Hi Dee

I'll have 12 months done in early september. Came in on the first batch number c 100. I had been private sector for most of my career so the CS is a big change. Thoroughly enjoying the role so far.

Section underfunded and under resourced, but that seems normal enough. The role is challenging and very busy. Hard to describe the role, not a policy role, and not really a staff management role, more an enabling role. Delighted I made the move, and looking forward to the next couple of years.

Regards
    Past30

Thanks so much Past30. Thats great to hear you are one year in and enjoying it. Do you think you will have opportunity for promotion in time? Or does the P.O. grade hold interest for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭Past30Now

Thanks so much Past30. Thats great to hear you are one year in and enjoying it. Do you think you will have opportunity for promotion in time? Or does the P.O. grade hold interest for you?

I'm enjoying the job I hold at the moment, but I'd always be interested in a promotion, assuming other factors like location and job description line up.

An internal PO panel was exhausted recently, so I'd imagine they'll run a comp next year. I'll apply, but with little expectation.

About 40 in batch 3....I believe...

I’d say everyone in Batch 3 will get placed and we’ll go again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,706 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

I feel we should have a support group after all this. .

This is it;

http://www.ahcps.ie/

Or it should be it, really. The idea of some kind of support or network for recently appointed staff is a good idea - maybe you should push this with the union?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Belfry2018

Just was onto PAS and they have sent clearance papers for 12 on the open and 8 on the interd.
    Will update when I hear.

New campaign for AP launched!!!! Just got notification from Public Jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Enova

New campaign for AP launched!!!! Just got notification from Public Jobs.

Is that the Housing, Wexford-based campaign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Enova wrote: »
    No, brand new competition here.

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/index.php?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&Itemid=263&cid=94163

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Do any/many make the leap from EO to AP?

Addle wrote: »

I know a few. I tried myself last time out but didn't pass the interview. HEO now though so may have another go!

Enova wrote: »

No. It's a new nationwide campaign.

No. It's a new nationwide campaign.

Has there been any official confirmation of the extension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I was not expecting that until much later in the year. Thanks for posting!

Has there been any official confirmation of the extension

It looks like Batch 3 may be exhausted by the end of October when the current panel was due to run out so there might be no need to extend the panel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Addle wrote: »
    I did. though I was also on an internal HEO panel. i did the AP interview as an EO. Got placed on the AP panel the same day I got HEO :)

• Advertisement

gazzer wrote: »
    I did. though I was also on an internal HEO panel. i did the AP interview as an EO. Got placed on the AP panel the same day I got HEO :)

It never rains but it pours! Well done! :D

Advertisement