Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

1676869707173»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Enova

Ended at number 1 in the interdepartmental for most of 2018 for my region. Melted their ears off calling them. Was given the same answer all the time, I'd be contacted when a vacancy arose.

I'm high enough up on an internal one which lasts for another year and a half and there's a lot of rearranging going on in my organisation so something suitable should come up soon. So I'm bothered and not bothered about it at the same time.

Commiserations to all who were placed on a panel but didn't get their promotion. Our time will come eventually. Also to those finding it tough with the new role, there's already been plenty of good suggestions here so make use of them. You can always come back here to vent a bit or look for further advice. There seems to be enough of us here to provide a virtual shoulder to lean on.

Sorry to hear that. It's very frustrating. At least you have the internal in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 minky123

Hi all,
    sorry for hijacking your thread but I have an offer from the 2018 comp I am not that keen on, I am mulling it over and wonder if you guys know:

1. is it usual/acceptable to ask to meet your boss before making a decision or meeting a colleague in the same role?

2. Are there any circumstances in which you can get another offer?

3. How long does one have to serve before you could apply for other jobs within the civil service?

Many thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

Hi all,
    sorry for hijacking your thread but I have an offer from the 2018 comp I am not that keen on, I am mulling it over and wonder if you guys know:

1. is it usual/acceptable to ask to meet your boss before making a decision or meeting a colleague in the same role?

Yes but it can be done. Just contact the office that you're due to be appointed to. Just be aware that turning down an offer may result in you being removed from the panel.

Not really.

3. How long does one have to serve before you could apply for other jobs within the civil service?

No limitation for an open competition. For internal or interdepartmental it's 2 years.

Many thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

minky123 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Many thanks!

1. I've never heard of it happening prior to accepting an offer. I've once encountered a CO coming in in advance of their start date to meet their team, but that was after the offer was accepted.

2. Again, not that I know of, unless you've been successful on both open and interdepartmental panels.

3. You'd need to successfully complete probation to be able to apply for a transfer but you can apply for any other job advertised on publicjobs at any time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

gazzer wrote: »
    I have been in contact with them this week and will hopefully have an appointment next week. This job is causing me no end of stress and I just need to find practical ways of dealing with it. Feel like such a disapointment.

Hopefully it went well.

If you ever want to go for a coffee for some support give me a shout.

• Advertisement
Advertisement