Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

html report builder

Options
  • 18-11-2016 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys
    I have a website and a table 64row/23cols long and its way too large to put on the website.

Is there any recommendations for a report builder(preferably online) that will also allow the user choose the parameters they require before running the report?

i.e. I need to put a section for the parameters on the web page, the user will choose their parameters and another section of the page will return the report results.

The master data will always be the same for the report, just differ in output based on the parameters users choose.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

Hey Guys
    I have a website and a table 64row/23cols long and its way too large to put on the website.

Cheers

Why is this too large to put on a web page? Seems pretty small.

If the data is read-only, should be handy enough to do sorting and filtering in a single-page app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

Why is this too large to put on a web page? Seems pretty small.
    If the data is read-only, should be handy enough to do sorting and filtering in a single-page app.

Although it seems like a small table, its the length of data in some cells that is making it too big for the webpage.

If I can set it up so that the user chooses specific parameters then it will make the page a lot more user friendly

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭counterpointaud

Not too clear on what you are asking TBH... are you looking for a reporting library so you can code this yourself, or an online-service that allows uploading data and generates reports?

What format is the data in? Is it an actual db table?

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭aaaaaaaahhhhhh

See attached excel
    SportPackages.xlsx

There are 33 cols, not 23, apologies.

Sport packages are available for occupants of 1 - 4 ppl.
    They have bean on sale for 14 years.
    Some packages haven't been available during certain years at all.

I need to allow the user choose the following parameters - "Package Type" and "Occup".

They system will then return the package data for those parameters for all the years they were on sale.

I would prefer to use an online service for this as I wouldn't be the savviest DB modeller or coder.

I'm open to using SQL or Access as the DB

• Advertisement
Advertisement