Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wifi Problems, looking for advice

Options
  • 18-11-2016 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi, I have Vodafone fibre broadband in. I live in a two story house. Our main router is up stairs and it's the standard Vodafone router. We have an Ethernet cable coming from that router to another router down stairs to give wifi down stairs. The problem is that we have perfect wifi down stairs but we have little to no wifi from our main router up stairs. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Geratron wrote: »
    Hi, I have Vodafone fibre broadband in. I live in a two story house. Our main router is up stairs and it's the standard Vodafone router. We have an Ethernet cable coming from that router to another router down stairs to give wifi down stairs. The problem is that we have perfect wifi down stairs but we have little to no wifi from our main router up stairs. Any advice would be appreciated.

Try a different channel, make sure it's not the same as your other Wi-Fi or they will interfere with each other

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Geratron

Try a different channel, make sure it's not the same as your other Wi-Fi or they will interfere with each other

Thanks. I've set the main router to channel 1 and the other router to channel 11. I'll give it a few days to see haw it fairs out.

Advertisement