Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second car insurance

Options
  • 18-11-2016 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hi BoI,

I was hoping you might be able to help me.

I'm a BoI customer who has an account and a Prestige motor policy with you (€460 for an 06 Opel Corsa 1.0). My Wife is on my policy as a as a named driver. She's been a named driver on my policy for about 7 years and has always done just as much driving as I do.

Now we're in a position where we need to get a second car so we have to get her her own policy. The quotes we've been getting back have been surprisingly expensive for such a small car. BoI have quoted us €1500 for the "Popular" package! These online forms don't seem to take into account the fact that she's got the same, if not more, driving experience than I do. Plus, a 60% NCD wouldn't bring the quote down to the the €460 that I'm paying.

I also half expected that there might be a discount for holding both policies with BoI, as in reality all we're just adding another car to our current setup, and arguably the risk isn't even doubled. Is there someone I could talk to to explain my situation further or is this futile?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially as we're hoping to buy the car this weekend.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Alan McG wrote: »
    Hi BoI,

I was hoping you might be able to help me.

I'm a BoI customer who has an account and a Prestige motor policy with you (€460 for an 06 Opel Corsa 1.0). My Wife is on my policy as a as a named driver. She's been a named driver on my policy for about 7 years and has always done just as much driving as I do.

Now we're in a position where we need to get a second car so we have to get her her own policy. The quotes we've been getting back have been surprisingly expensive for such a small car. BoI have quoted us €1500 for the "Popular" package! These online forms don't seem to take into account the fact that she's got the same, if not more, driving experience than I do. Plus, a 60% NCD wouldn't bring the quote down to the the €460 that I'm paying.

I also half expected that there might be a discount for holding both policies with BoI, as in reality all we're just adding another car to our current setup, and arguably the risk isn't even doubled. Is there someone I could talk to to explain my situation further or is this futile?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, especially as we're hoping to buy the car this weekend.
    Good Afternoon Alan McG,

Thanks for contacting us here, we would like to get you a call to discuss this further. One of our reps can input your details again taking this into consideration, they can ensure they get you the best quote. 

Please click on the link below my signature to provide me with your details, 

Thanks, 

Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Alan McG

Hi Evie,

I messaged you last week with my contact info, although still haven't heard back from one of your reps.

Alan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Hi Evie,

I messaged you last week with my contact info, although still haven't heard back from one of your reps.

Alan.
    Hi Alan, 

Thanks for your message, we have forward your request for a call back onto the team.

Thanks,
    Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Alan McG

Thanks guys, I've been onto them and they were very helpful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

Thanks guys, I've been onto them and they were very helpful!
    Hi Alan, 

Happy to hear this. 

If we can assist you with anything else please let us know. 

Thanks, 
    Tara C

• Advertisement
Advertisement