Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

gosplan wrote: »
    You've OK games at least.

Bmouth, Weat Ham, Boro, Everton, Stoke.

Then It gets tough right at the end of Dec.

Those are exactly the games we need the likes of Coutinho for!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Fair play to Klopp, it worked, got the crowd going.

We can still win this, plenty of time

mosstin wrote: »
    Judging by the photos, if he's back by Easter, we'll be doing well.

Yeah it looks bad. Last feckin thing we needed.

Main thing is to find a way through here and worry about rest later but it doesn't look good for him alright.
    EDIT: Fair fooks to Karius there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Average Origi shows some class.

What a goal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Disaster for Coutinho , we badly need to step it up and gain 3 points today. Hope Origi finds the type of form we need, he has it in him.

Get in Origi !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Divock muthaf*cking Origi.

gosplan wrote: »
    Nah, he played every single game in his last season at Arsenal.

He stayed long enough to get over his fittness problems and show them what could have been.

i didn't say just before he went to Utd :rolleyes:

Get the F*** in!!!!! Oh my God what a relief! You little daisy Origi! I want his babies! Serious relief. Think I just scared the living ****e out of my two kids but worth it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Judging by the photos, if he's back by Easter, we'll be doing well.

I'm watching the game online but missed what caused the injury to Coutinho. It wasn't a tackle was it? He just went over awkwardly on it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I'm watching the game online but missed what caused the injury to Coutinho. It wasn't a tackle was it? He just went over awkwardly on it???

Check Kerrigooney's photo earlier in the thread.

• Advertisement

Bobby limping off now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The knocks are piling up suddenly.

Learning to grind out wins now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Really good win that in previous years we would not have won.

Brilliant from Average in the lead up to the peno again.

If the unthinkable ever did happen and Klopp left us in the future, we should seriously think about appointing David Moyes as his successor. We always win at Anfield whenever he's there.

Matip still hasn't lost a game he has played in.

If they hang in there at 0-0 til half time then it could get tricky.
    Reds 2-0 win imo!

That would have been some double in the bookies. 0-0 and 0-2. But if I'd have backed it then it wouldnt have feckin happened. :D

Chuffed with that win. It was a hard slog. Delighted for Woodburn to get to come on as well.

Worry now is the injury news. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,378 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Harry like a proud parent today after Woodburn coming on for an appearance :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

11 points ahead of utd already. 11 points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The knocks are piling up suddenly.

Happens when you play "hoofball kick you in the legs no matter what" awful football teams.....

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Harry like a proud parent today after Woodburn coming on for an appearance :)

:D

He made a single pass but it was a good one that Can then wasted! :mad: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Origi won us the match......stepped up when needed and didn't sulk when he wasn't getting minutes.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

People need to learn to have a bit more faith in this team. Klopp isn't gonna make huge changes mid game when we're dominating. He has faith in his players, we need to too. It doesn't mean they'll always come through but they will more often than not.

I hate the narrative of "we have to learn how to beat teams that come and put 10 men behind the ball" as if pretty much every team we've played has done it. And we've tonked most of them. God help a team who ends up coming to Anfield and trying to play tho... they're gonna get pasted.

niallo27 wrote: »
    11 points ahead of utd already. 11 points.

Yeah but to be fair they have a game in hand and they have to cope with Europe and weddings and stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Again only got to see last 40 mins, but we were all over them like a rash, well deserved victory.
    Now a draw in the late game would do lovely!

Did Coutinho's injury look serious?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,250 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Did Coutinho's injury look serious?

Looked very bad, a few months possibly, worst case.

Moyes is not as good as bus driver as Mourinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Yeah but to be fair they have a game in hand and they have to cope with Europe and weddings and stuff.

I like it.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Moyes is not as good as bus driver as Mourinho.

If he was given the money Mourinho has been he'd be just as good.

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Looked very bad, a few months possibly, worst case.

Right when he's playing the best football of his career so far, i suppose we were bound to pick up one or two bad ones over the season but was kind of hoping it would'nt be him, his ability to create is fantastic and we'll miss it whoever comes in for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

:eek:

If he's praying to the same god Sturridge does, he's doomed.

:eek:

Robbie is saying a few prayers for him.
    Missing him and Mané in January would be tough to take given how well we are doing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Ligament s could be worse than a break

I would say it's unlikely ankel ligaments are damaged since it was a tackle. Could be a broken foot I would say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

So many big teams face off before new year while we play all the relegations sides up to new year. On paper it looks nice, but if they are all as hard to beat as Sunderland it will be tough. With creative players out it will be hard to break down sides who are playing for the lives

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I would say it's unlikely ankel ligaments are damaged since it was a tackle. Could be a broken foot I would say.

No tackle as such. It was a full force kick to a large defenders boot who was clearing ball. A head on of feet, between a car and a truck .

It wasn't a tackle he kicked his foot into the other player foot so it looks like he extended his ankle stretching out his tendons and ligament above his instep and around his ankle.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

2 clean sheets in a row as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Last year we'd have drawn that.

Could see how much that goal meant to Origi. I hope he gets a good run of games now.

I'm not a medical expert (seem to be in the minority) so I'll have to wait for the official word, but if there isn't a broken bone it's a step in the right direction anyhow. Hopefully only bruising and he'll be back for the West Ham game at the latest, but we'll find out soon enough probably.

So many big teams face off before new year while we play all the relegations sides up to new year. On paper it looks nice, but if they are all as hard to beat as Sunderland it will be tough. With creative players out it will be hard to break down sides who are playing for the lives

It seems to be standard procedure now for every team that we play to park the bus, most of them will be your bog standard plastic seats and a bucket doubling as a sick bag and a bog, but some buses will come with expensively assembled extras such as sunshine roofs and a conductor. :D

The best way to beat the bus is to let them have it and then take off them.

Fair balls to Klopp today getting the crowd going when they had dropped silent. It made a huge difference instantly and got the atmosphere going again.
    Small things like that can make a difference. Even if it's just a 1% difference it's worth it. And we did up the tempo after he did it as well.

Gotta admit, I was starting to worry just before the goal. Sunderland were well set up in the way they allowed Can and Henderson time on the ball but once it went beyond them they were all over us.
    It was a decent enough plan and not a million miles from working.

But Klopp will be chuffed with this now because he's always about the keep going to the end mentality and that's what we did, even without Lallana and subsequently Coutinho.
    So its a huge win in more ways than one.

I was made up that he brought on Woodburn as well. What a feeling it must have been for the kid.

The Coutinho injury situation is huge now. Let's hope is days/weeks rather than months.

Anyway, looking forward to MOTD already, off for a lie down now though coz that was stressful stuff! :)

5starpool wrote: »
    2 clean sheets in a row as well!

More of this recently

1ed689287007718a939ef12e6c72ca6c.jpg

And less of this

trainspotting_42.jpg

Egyptian cotton?

We've only conceded 10 goals in our last 14 games in all comps, so not near as bad as might have been thought. Since the Burnley game too we've only conceded more than once in the 2-4 win at Palace.

Matip still hasn't lost a game he has played in.

How much did we waste on him again?

That fella was the signing of the Summer with bells on.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement