Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

mosstin wrote: »
    I absolutely and passionately believe that the day we stop kicking the ball at the goalkeeper, we will score more goals, thus marching to the title.

I don't know why this isn't discussed more often.

De Gea's considered world class due to people kicking the ball straight at him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Gbear wrote: »
    "That could've been the goal that won us the league" kind of argument. It doesn't hold any water.
    Sturridge doesn't exist in a vacuum.

Is that 1 scuffed shot we were luckily able to score the rebound of a justifcation of his general performances?

Is he a better option than even a fairly average player who'll work for the side on that basis?

I really don't see how.

It's a bit cheap to choose a sentence that I never uttered and shove it into inverted commas and stick it at the top of your post in an effort to belittle my point of view.

Let's call a spade a spade, your first two sentences have nothing to do with anything.

If this a contest about who gets the most thanks then you win.

I'm not arsed about that, I'm defending a player who has done well for us and people like to take cheap shots at him.
    Some of the stuff I've read about him on here you wouldn't see on a Manc forum. It's piss poor.

Next question... does a scuffed shot excuse his performances?
    Well, it's a loaded question. If his performances were so poor then he wouldn't have been brought on, and his "scuffed shot" was the difference between us winning and drawing because nobody else that night had the balls to shoot.

Is he a better option than a fairly average player who will work for the side?
    Again, a loaded question.
    But the answer is in your own question, 9 words in.

It's a wonderful thing, the internet. Where people can sit at home and slag off players playing for their own team.

Miss one on ones and do a very passable impression of a tree?

Was actually an OK impact sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

We could be down in mid table mediocrity by the time we kick off tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can't be any lower than 5th. A win would mean an 8 point gap between LFC and Man Utd but a defeat would mean 2 point gap - that makes it a 6 pointer! :p

Think ppl are putting too much emphasis on this. Even with the worst possible result tomorrow the fact that things could swing so much on the back of one set of games shows how tight it is and could just easily swing the opposite way another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Think ppl are putting too much emphasis on this. Even with the worst possible result tomorrow the fact that things could swing so much on the back of one set of games shows how tight it is and could just easily swing the opposite way another week.

A draw tomorrow is fine, a win would be delicious. A loss could possibly be heavily demoralizing

Alonso77 wrote: »
    A draw tomorrow is fine, a win would be delicious. A loss could possibly be heavily demoralizing

True but Swansea next week is as good a chance as any to get things back on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I think for utd it is a must not lose game, we can afford to lose more than they can and for that reason I expect Jose to bring the double decker and be happy with a point. He might let the handbrake off for the last 20mins if he thinks he can get the win

• Advertisement

Yep, spot on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

hope we play crap and rob a 0-1 win,will feel fcking fantastic,been done to us many a time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

hope we play crap and rob a 0-1 win,will feel fcking fantastic,been done to us many a time

Rooney og, 97th minute of "Klopptime".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

And to top it all off, the winner to be punched in by Firmino in an offside position, while fouling the goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

corwill wrote: »
    Rooney og, 97th minute of "Klopptime".

Would that mean Rooney breaks Charlton record? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Leicester doing us no favours it seems, 1-0 down 6 minutes in.

• Advertisement

loved Klopp's comments today

“Fear? What could I fear? I don’t fear things like this. At this moment I’m 100% positive, absolutely looking forward to the game.
    “I’ve had so many defeats in my life, especially as a player, later as a manager too, that I really know defeat is not the problem. Your reaction to it is the problem.
    “We’ve now had four days to react from a really bad game on our side. We have the opportunity to react in a very important game.
    “I love it. That’s how football should be: you can react immediately. At this moment, anything is possible.”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

So yee guys are now effectively saying we're a 10 man team when Sturridge plays.

That's a pretty big insult to Sturridge.

I'm completely amazed by the comments on Sturridge on here to be honest.

He's going to become one of the best forwards we ever sold.
    Great for him if he does.

But he won't.

So, anybody fancy pi$$ing the mods off and start a match thread?:D

But he won't.

If he does, but he won't. Doesn't make sense buddy! :)

Leicester doing us no favours it seems, 1-0 down 6 minutes in.

Can't see them getting any result. Can see Chelsea getting another 2 or 3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

So if city win it be fifth versus sixth tomorrow afternoon

Just saw Andy Carrolls goal against Palace:eek:.

sword1 wrote: »
    So if city win it be fifth versus sixth tomorrow afternoon

Mid table battle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Was actually an OK impact sub.

Aye,a few times but I can't get the image of him ****ting the bed every time he got through one on one with the keeper out of my head.

But he won't.

Most likely he'll score a couple of goals before buckling under the pressure of being the main man for a smaller club and end up being 'injured' most of the time.

I look forward to the inevitable goal against us though and the ensuing 'we never should have sold him' debate.

Aye,a few times but I can't get the image of him ****ting the bed every time he got through one on one with the keeper out of my head.

Even worse were the 2v1's where he made the exact same run as his team mate with the ball.

Most likely he'll score a couple of goals before buckling under the pressure of being the main man for a smaller club and end up being 'injured' most of the time.

I look forward to the inevitable goal against us though and the ensuing 'we never should have sold him' debate.

He won't need to score against us for that debate to take place.

Anybody know of any add ons that would remove all mentions of him because I'm sick to the tits of reading about him.

He won't need to score against us for that debate to take place.

Anybody know of any add ons that would remove all mentions of him because I'm sick to the tits of reading about him.
    Sure just ignore Turty, that's half of them gone:p

Turty's ability to get up the noses of annoying people makes him a hero.

• Advertisement

Maths not your strong point? Would still be 75% left :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Coulson for the other half and bingo, no more Sturridge talk, they have over 700 posts between them on the man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Well this is a disaster of a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Now if Bobby had his own fashion line in baseball hats with built in topknots I'd buy that!

If this a contest about who gets the most thanks then you win.

Yes, for some people

I'm not arsed about that, I'm defending a player who has done well for us and people like to take cheap shots at him.
    Some of the stuff I've read about him on here you wouldn't see on a Manc forum. It's piss poor.

Totally agree

It's a wonderful thing, the internet. Where people can sit at home and slag off players playing for their own team.

Best fans in the world, innit.

niallo27 wrote: »

Not really, did we really think that spurs arsenal and Chelsea would all drop pts considering their opponents?

We just gotta not lose tomorrow

Not really. If we lose tomorrow it will have been a bit crap alright but if we win it'll have been great.

Did anybody expect any of our rivals to drop points this weekend?

Not really, did we really think that spurs arsenal and Chelsea would all drop pts considering their opponents?

We just gotta not lose tomorrow

Yes, Chelsea was a hope, they just lost a match, no Costa, Leicester good home record, I'm sure lots hoped for points dropped there with good reason.

//

Not really. A few people got to slag off one of our own players and got a few online "thanks" for it so it was a good day all round.

• Advertisement

Still obsessed with Thanks. Funny.

Yes, Chelsea was a hope, they just lost a match, no Costa, Leicester good home record, I'm sure lots hoped for points dropped there with good reason.

Misguided hope I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Didn't think they would all boost their goal differences this much. I did think Leicester would raise their game.

Misguided hope I reckon.

Ok captain hindsight!

Still obsessed with Thanks. Funny.

Haven't seen anyone that obsessed with them since Hangballlouie.

R.I.P

Ok captain hindsight!

It's ok it's not your fault

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Thanks Leicester. . .

Circle jerk in full motion tonight lads, I'm out, last one to blow knock off the lights ok. See yous tomorrow.

Circle jerk in full motion tonight lads, I'm out, last one to blow knock off the lights ok. See yous tomorrow.

Ah don't go. You're great craic.

Not unexpected results tbf.

A lot of the top 6 play each other in the next month so it'll change a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Didn't think they would all boost their goal differences this much. I did think Leicester would raise their game.

Yeah I thought the Leicester that played City might turn up today. They didn't.

Chelsea, Spurs and United are all on some runs. Chelsea's defeat at Spurs is the only dropped points between them all recently. Pressure intensifying.

On the plus side all the other top 6 have to play each other during the run-in. We don't.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement