Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

3 nil up away from home and the fans are singing about Gerrard

What a small time bunch of racist tossers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Circle jerk in full motion tonight lads, I'm out, last one to blow knock off the lights ok. See yous tomorrow.

I'm done as well. Weird place this tbh where it's fine to take the piss out of our own players.
    Anyway, hopefully a good result tomorrow. All the best lads. YNWA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Talk about blowing your own whistle....

Sturridge needs to start tomorrow and score early if he is raring to go like he is coming across here...

he loves the poor me though, fooking hell...

"I'm the best Striker Liverpool have"

Not this year Danny boy...

The interview guy is a bit much though IMO... (asking about his injuries)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

x43r0 wrote: »

7 points clear too. It's great looking down the table.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

You's are all still crazy as ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

x43r0 wrote: »

what do you mean racist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

what do you mean racist?

I presume he means the Chelsea fans that were convicted of racism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

niallo27 wrote: »
    what do you mean racist?

I presume he means the Chelsea fans that were convicted of racism.
    ha, that would be a bit insensitive towards Leicester city's security personel no? anyway he can explain it to the mods no doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Fieldog wrote: »

Sturridge needs to start tomorrow and score early if he is raring to go like he is coming across here...

"Well, define injury prone?"

Ha!

anyway he can explain it to the mods no doubt.

Explain what?

That's a golden badge of honour he's earned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This is why I love the LFC thread complete mentaliers post here and make it a fun read.

Who needs yoks when you have this thread to read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

This is why I love the LFC thread complete mentaliers post here and make it a fun read.

Yes but their our mentaliers and we will have any ****er who says a bad word about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I've no idea what's going on. But this always happens pre utd. Seems to bring out the stupidity in all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Vicxas wrote: »
    I've no idea what's going on. But this always happens pre utd. Seems to bring out the stupidity in all of us.

Let's swap Clyne and Milner tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

ElTel wrote: »
    Let's swap Clyne and Milner tomorrow.

For Shaw and Darmain, no chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You must have spotted that the transitions are slower and there is a general lack of snap in the side right now.

Teams can play badly sometimes.

So far for me, we have played badly in one game against Southampton as Plymouth and Sunderland were not normal teams and circumstances.

We will know a lot more after tomorrow. A poor performance then we can talk about problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Any news on Matip for tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

He's back in training in training afaik but I'd be amazed if he came straight back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

klose wrote: »
    He's back in training in training afaik but I'd be amazed if he came straight back in.

He trained this evening according to some pictures I saw on Twitter earlier but I'd be surprised if he started tomorrow as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

mosstin wrote: »
    I absolutely and passionately believe that the day we stop kicking the ball at the goalkeeper, we will score more goals, thus marching to the title.

I don't know why this isn't discussed more often.

I know. This is such an English mentality and it really irritates me. You constantly hear English commentators talking about how a player should have "at least hit the target" like "the target" is the entire goals. The target is the part of the goal where the keeper can't save it. Therefore it is better to aim for the top right hand corner and put the ball over than to blast the ball at the centre of the goal and hope that your inaccuracy swerves the ball away from the keeper.

Wouldn't be overly surprised if he came back in tbh. It's different to bringing back in the likes of Coutinho where you can give them 30 minutes at the end of a game to ease them into it. 99% of the time a defender is going to come back in cold at the start of a match, so if he comes through training ok I reckon he's in with a shout.

This just popped up on my Facebook.

How to make you feel old Kuyt's hat-trick from 3 yards in total was in March 2011 6 years ago.

Can't be any lower than 5th. A win would mean an 8 point gap between LFC and Man Utd but a defeat would mean 2 point gap - that makes it a 6 pointer! :p

By that logic isn't every league game a 6 pointer? ;)

Fieldog wrote: »

Am I the only one who sees him having trouble holding in the laughter when he says of course every player wants to play all the games....around minute 1.22

This just popped up on my Facebook.

How to make you feel old Kuyt's hat-trick from 3 yards in total was in March 2011 6 years ago.

The fans singing Happy Birthday to Kenny in the middle of that is one of my favourite football moments ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I hope Zlatan continues his Liverpool streak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I hope Matip is playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

I'm by no means an expert on the subject but Neuro Linguistic Programming suggests Sturridge has Lying Eyes. They go to the left (his right) when he's not telling the truth, and go to the right (his left) when he's telling the truth.

Examples:

0:51 "Define injury prone ..." *LEFT*

1:11 "Regardless of the number of games I would still do my best on the pitch..." *LEFT*

1:43 "Every player works their hardest and battle through injuries..." *LEFT*

2:11 "The Manager picks the team, if he doesn't feel I am the best striker..." *RIGHT*

2:21 "I can't be upset about it. That's football..." *LEFT*

Shaking your head from side to side also means you're saying the opposite to what you think.

The amount of times his eyes go to the left is impressive, it's a pity they cut to stock footage when he was asked the good questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

__________Migzia________

__El Cylnio_Matipia_Lovernzio_

__________Henzia____________

__Lallanio____________Millsi____

_________Couthino___________

___Firmino________Origio________

_________Sturriano____________

Equipo perfecto
    El clasico Premier Liga
    Emocionante !!
    Los mato de esa manera!
    !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Turty's ability to get up the noses of annoying people makes him a hero.

Lego Turdman? The hero we thought we didn't want but turned out that we didn't deserve either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Talisman wrote: »
    I'm by no means an expert on the subject but Neuro Linguistic Programming suggests Sturridge has Lying Eyes. They go to the left (his right) when he's not telling the truth, and go to the right (his left) when he's telling the truth.

Examples:

0:51 "Define injury prone ..." *LEFT*

1:11 "Regardless of the number of games I would still do my best on the pitch..." *LEFT*

1:43 "Every player works their hardest and battle through injuries..." *LEFT*

2:11 "The Manager picks the team, if he doesn't feel I am the best striker..." *RIGHT*

2:21 "I can't be upset about it. That's football..." *LEFT*

Shaking your head from side to side also means you're saying the opposite to what you think.

The amount of times his eyes go to the left is impressive, it's a pity they cut to stock footage when he was asked the good questions.

I love Daniel, but I haven't seen this amount of movement from him in two seasons.

mormank wrote: »

Nah you're thinking of rugby union. 3 points for a win, 1 bonus point for a try scored for the winners and 1 bonus point for try scored for the losers and 1 point keeping the losing margin small.

3+1+1+1=6 point game

Serious triggering imminent, that one poor cratur will be likegiphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Je suis mario! :)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

getting nice and hungover for this and I feel the worst will happen.
    If we lose, grand I can concentrate on the hangover and not care. If we win, I'll feel great and wonder what the fuss was about. If its a draw, f**k, my meme is dead in the ground :p ah well. should be some craic!

Anyone heading to this?

Anyone heading to the match thread? Oh wait it's still closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    mormank wrote: »

Nah you're thinking of rugby union. 3 points for a win, 1 bonus point for a try scored for the winners and 1 bonus point for try scored for the losers and 1 point keeping the losing margin small.

3+1+1+1=6 point game

Rugby expert obviously...

Very concerned about the game today. Need Hendo on top form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Since our last league game against Sunderland we've had 2 weeks to think and prepare for this.

I don't think there can be any excuses for under performing. If we play to our ability and are beaten by a better team on the day I have no problem with that. But I won't take excuses for not going out and playing well considering what's at stake

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I'd love it if we play terrible and snatch a goal on the break for Utd to have 87 shots on target and mig to have the game of his life
    That would really get to them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Nice goal, nice to see he actually hit it with his foot unlike that Rooney one that got so many plaudits,that was half way up his leg!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'd love it if we play terrible and snatch a goal on the break for Utd to have 87 shots on target and mig to have the game of his life
    That would really get to them

That'd be nice in retrospect, but I'd prefer to maul them and win 0-4 when it could have been 8. 0-8 would be better, but let's have a tiny spark of realism.

We can win this but they are rightfully favourites at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Not confident today, we played so bad & looked completely off the pace midweek. A lot of big decisions to be made, does Matip & Henderson start as our cover of Klavan & Can are not playing well. Is Firmino played out wide? (hope not).
    Hope I'm wrong & we win obviously

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Nice goal, nice to see he actually hit it with his foot unlike that Rooney one that got so many plaudits,that was half way up his leg!

Best goal since sliced bread
    Has to be goal of the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

I expect no striker today think he wil go can Henderson gini
    Lalanna coutinho and firmino
    Hope not would preferably lalanna deeper instead of can and either sturridge or origi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Really good start to the Everton v City game if you're at a loose end...no score yet but pretty good so far.

So who turned off the lights in here last night?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I expect no striker today think he wil go can Henderson gini
    Lalanna coutinho and firmino
    Hope not would preferably lalanna deeper instead of can and either sturridge or origi

I don't think Coutinho will start, it's too early for him. He'll be kept for the last 30 mins if needed.. I reckon we'll start with:

Can - Hendo - Wijnaldum
    Firmino - Origi - Lallana

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd prefer to get a first half out of Coutinho myself.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement