Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2016/2017

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Clyne out, TAA in is the rumour that is getting louder. :(

Matip and Coutinho not starting, Hendo does. We'll find out in 35 mins I guess if it's all true or rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

5starpool wrote: »
    Clyne out, TAA in is the rumour that is getting louder. :(

Matip and Coutinho not starting, Hendo does. We'll find out in 35 mins I guess if it's all true or rubbish.

Clyne is in the photos from last nights training. Disaster if true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Where did this clyne out rumor come from!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Vicxas wrote: »

I'm inclyned to believe it might not be true.

Matip is out due to a SNAFU with FIFA over AFCON.

FCUK SAKE!

Link

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/250478-liverpool-fc-statement-on-joel-matip

• Advertisement

Matip is out due to a SNAFU with FIFA over AFCON.

FCUK SAKE!

Link

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/250478-liverpool-fc-statement-on-joel-matip

Pathetic, not least because we've done everything our end to get this sorted. It's such a farcical situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Ridiculous, "unable to get clarity" you'd think FIFA would fcuking know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

FIFA are ****ing clowns of the highest order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Just saw that - Liverpool should ignore FIFA and their ****e paperwork - what can they do? Take three points off the club? Would they dare?

On the ever reliable twitter of course. We'll find out if there is any truth to it in 10 mins I guess. Hopefully rubbish though.

• Advertisement

Just saw that - Liverpool should ignore FIFA and their ****e paperwork - what can they do? Take three points off the club? Would they dare?

Oh they absolutely would dare. Playing an ineligible player is one of the things they do actually punish clubs for.

5starpool wrote: »
    Oh they absolutely would dare. Playing an ineligible player is one of the things they do actually punish clubs for.

We should refuse to answer the phone from them.

There'll be a phone call 20 minutes into the match from FIFA confirming that Matip is fine to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Stupid FIFA

6:45pm tonight on Eurosport 1 to see Mane hopefully come through uninjured in his 1sr AFCON game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

What a ridiculous situation for Matip, bloody FIFA clowns. Lovren/Klavan it is so.

Cameroon didn't even call him up in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,887 ✭✭✭✭klose

Farcial stuff from fifa, not too much to ask for clarification.

Cameroon didn't even call him up in the end.
    klose wrote: »
    Farcial stuff from fifa, not too much to ask for clarification.

As he wasn't called up I'm struggling to see why LFC want clarification.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Clyne is out, TAA is in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Augeo wrote: »

Same thing prevented Nyom playing for WBA yesterday. It's a joke

****, so Clyne is out....

AND no Couthino starting.... joy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Klavan better bring his A game today ffs!

I am worried!

kfallon wrote: »
    Klavan better bring his A game today ffs!

I am worried!

They're gonna HOUND TAA today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Big opportunity for young Trent. Hope he settles into it early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Shows how little faith he has in Moreno when he could have switched Milner over but opts for tta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Matip was named in the provisional squad so Cameroon hold his international clearance and are taking the p1ss now by not signing the release papers or delaying sending them to FIFA to punish the player/s for pulling out of playing for their Country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Augeo wrote: »

No harm in protecting ourselves and look for official clarification when things like player registration is concerned.

I agree it seems like a strange one but we must be getting conflicting feedback which might be the reason we want an official verdict.

Biggest game possible to get your first league start, hopefully he just get's the job done, scoring a hat trick would be nice too though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Very tough ask for TAA to come into this game, but great faith shown by Klopp. Hope he does himself proud.

Shows how little faith he has in Moreno when he could have switched Milner over but opts for tta

Or, if we put a positive spin on it, shows how much faith he has in TAA.

TAA 2017 = Rob Jones 1991. I hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

No Matip and Clyne. No Mane and Coutinho only on the bench. That's Liverpool missing arguably their two best defenders and two best attackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Alonso77

Coutinho and Sturridge could be great options if its tight with half an hour to go.

big chance for Can and Origi to make good on their obvious potential

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Very tough ask for TAA to come into this game, but great faith shown by Klopp. Hope he does himself proud.

Shows how poor our squad is. A pretty weak starting XI without Matip, Mane, Clyne & Coutinho on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Probably our weakest first 11 of the EPL this season.......on paper anyway........not confident at all tbh......Need a big step up in performances and hopefully we'll see that today....

mosstin wrote: »
    TAA 2017 = Rob Jones 1991. I hope.

Couldn't face another 0-0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

ERG89 wrote:
    Shows how poor our squad is. A pretty weak starting XI without Matip, Mane, Clyne & Coutinho on the bench.

Most teams bar those who spend ridiculous amounts on subs would struggle with 4 first teamers out.

Alonso77 wrote: »
    Coutinho and Sturridge could be great options if its tight with half an hour to go.

big chance for Can and Origi to make good on their obvious potential

No good if the game is dead and gone
    Really fear for the worst here

****ing annoying that for this of all games we're weakened so much. I still fancy us to get something from this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thank feck City are so pants. and yes I'm confident they'll not score 4 goals in the next four minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Pepp1989 wrote: »
    Most teams bar those who spend ridiculous amounts on subs would struggle with 4 first teamers out.

Most teams would also have more than 2 senior full backs though. Moreno then isn't trusted to start then, rightfully so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

ERG89 wrote:
    Most teams would also have more than 2 senior full backs though. Moreno then isn't trusted to start then, rightfully so.

I wouldn't want moreno anywhere near our team again. The Europa league final was my last straw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Cout injured since way before Christmas. We've known Mane was going to Afcon since we signed him. Matip ongoing ankle problem. Sturridge is Sturridge.

Klopp has has 14/15 days so far in Jan to bring in something and hasn't. Now I'm all for giving youth a go but to throw TAA in today and not having a credible back up is madness. Even a utility player that can play RB,CB or RM. But we've actually nothing like that. So we're throwing a chap into the deep end in our biggest game of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Carragher is genuinely delighted Everton won. He still likes the club. Noticed it a few times over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Awful first Xl. I was dreading this game but was hoping at least Matip or Cout would start. Mignolet, AA, Klavan, Lovren and Can not good enough to be in this team. Please God we get at least a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

May look for some far off distant running water for this game so don't have to listen to Gary Neville

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Cout injured since way before Christmas. We've known Mane was going to Afcon since we signed him. Matip ongoing ankle problem. Sturridge is Sturridge.

Klopp has has 14/15 days so far in Jan to bring in something and hasn't. Now I'm all for giving youth a go but to throw TAA in today and not having a credible back up is madness. Even a utility player that can play RB,CB or RM. But we've actually nothing like that. So we're throwing a chap into the deep end in our biggest game of the season.

TAA is a credible backup. Have you never seen him play?

May look for some far off distant running water for this game so don't have to listen to Gary Neville

Martin Tyler too. Real impartial commentary...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

We have Milner, the ultimate utility player. We have Lucas, who can centre half and midfield, we have Can who has played right back for Germany and plays in midfield, we have midfielders who can play attacking midfield, like Lallana.. We have Wij who plays midfield and can also play wing back roles... So I'm not sure your argument holds up, at all.

Klopp has decided to go with TAA, with plenty of other options on the table.

It's the absence of Coutinho and Mane I am more worried about, I don't think we will have the skill or pace to defeat Utd today.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement